gcto1's profile

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

Monday, January 29th, 2024 2:25 AM

Closed

Peacock

Had Peacock as part of my service last year. Then it disappeared ok. But as a Diamond Rewards Member I'm supposed to have Peacock Premium again. In the rewards section it shows that this reward is claimed. But when I try to load Peacock via my flex box, I get the option to subscribe to Premium, not that I have it. Logging out, Logging into my account shows no difference. No way to see how to activate it. (activating it via the web tells me it is activated). Followed the instructions to a tee, no difference... no offer code or anything visible. What should I do. ? 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

7 months ago

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to make this post @gcto1 and @fearlessl33ter for commenting that you are experiencing the same thing so we can assist with this! We want to ensure you are both able to activate this to enjoy! After redeeming the offer, did you utilize the Xfinity Assistant or our activation link to activate Peacock Premium for your account? If not, you would need to do this step first, and then once you log in, it should then update that you have Premium. You can visit our Peacock subscription changes and FAQs page for more information on this offer. Below are also the steps, please let me know if one of these options work for you both!

Xfinity Assistant

1. Log in to your account on xfinity.com, then open Xfinity Assistant: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/

2. Click Activate Now on the banner that states, "Your Peacock subscription is ready for activation." If you don't see the banner, try typing in "Peacock Premium Activation". If you still don’t see the Activate Now banner in Xfinity Assistant, you can also check your Xfinity online account for the same banner: https://login.xfinity.com/login

3. You will be redirected to Peacock, so you will want to finish activation on the Peacock site.

Note: You must use the primary email address associated with your Xfinity ID to redeem this Peacock offer. If you use another email address, the system won’t recognize the offer as valid.

OR

Peacock Activation Link

1. Visit xfinity.com/activate-peacock and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.

2. Select the Activate Peacock button to be directed to peacocktv.com.

3. Enter an email address and password for your Peacock account.

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ Thanks for your help here. I tried both and got the "already activated" but then when getting to peacocktv nothing worked, just black screen. I finally figured out that using the inprivate browser option allowed me to get into Peacock, and sign in. I did the same on the TV and all seems to work now.  Interesting that there were limitation via the browser, but I figured it out. 

Best

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Happy to hear gcto1! Glad you are back enjoying the service. Appreciate you hanging in with us through the troubleshooting process. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

7 months ago

I'm in exactly the same boat, cannot figure out how to access Peacock Premium after seeing confirmation of the Diamond Rewards offer (including the $0 charge on my bill). 

5 Messages

7 months ago

Done it all through one online chat via the Xfinity App and subsequently with two phone reps. Confirmed and reconfirmed that I had redeemed the offer under the correct email. Repeatedly logged off, logged on, re-provisioned, rebooted, cooled my heels while remote diagnostics ran. Received two commitments to having the issue referred to some group who's name I can't recall but is reputedly staffed with folks with special access to the Matrix. At the insistence of the last rep, acquiesced to a truck roll so I could be told in person that my signal strength really wasn't too bad and that yeah, even if it was, it would have nothing to do with the problem at hand. In past lives I've been in tech support, hardware/software engineering and software product management and know that if I rant too much, it will turn out that the problem was really some bone-headed mistake I've been making, but this time (hah!) I'm pretty sure it's Comcast and/or Peacock's fault.

I could stand maybe one more turn-it-off-and-turn-it-on-again, but that's it.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@fearlessl33ter Thank you for those details and for your efforts in working with us to get to the root of the issue. You are correct that a tech visit to your home would not fix this issue. I would like to take a closer look at your account and those tickets that were submitted to see where things are at. To get started, please send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

7 months ago

Messaged info and was asked "How can I help you?" Provided a brief description and excused myself to end the chat as it was nearly midnight & I didn't think I'd have to rehash things. The next day, for grins, rechecked activation using a VPN (no Comcast IP Address) and private browser settings (no access to stored cookies) on my PC, logged into Xfinity & Peacock with code shown on TV and got the same results as always - just basic access with the option to pay for premium. As stated earlier, I used to have active Premium access prior to the recent tier restructuring.

BTW the link to read the above post from Xfinity came in an email with the misleading subject "Post you are following has accepted solution."

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

I followed the steps outlined and as indicated finally got it to work.

1. activation was already set when I checked. 

2. Made sure I used my comcast email on the account 

3. Used private settings

4. Did not use VPN, but comcast IP (that could be an issue ? )

Got it activated on the PC, then went to TV and signed out of account, then back in with Comcast email again and...it worked this time. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@gcto1 Thank you for sharing what has worked for you. The community may find this works for them as well. 

5 Messages

7 months ago

Well, I am chuffed to bits that any of the above worked for some. I'm still just being offered the paid signup after trying the "private browsing" hack, even on different browsers. No, I'm not spending more time on this with support - I've invested all the time I'm willing to for a benefit I don't care much about.

Will check again in two weeks or so.

5 Messages

SUCCESS. Posting here as info. Following innumerable back-and-forths with xfinitians and Peacocks, it turns out that my problem was traced to the letter "t," missing from my email address in Peacock's database, which is to say that Peacock had somehow changed my Premium-eligible account in their database as "[my user name]@comcas.net."

All the requests to log off and log back on, checking to see if my  @yahoo.com address from 1996 was the actual one I should have been using, burning my Amazon Fire TV Cube on a sacrificial altar made out of competitive promo mailings had no effect until, informed - repeatedly and with supplemental copy-and-paste transcripts from xfinity stating that Peacock had implied 'something' was mis-spelled in my email address - my issue was ultimately "escalated" to Peacock's mysterious Red Stapler Department,* after which I received an email that For Real this time my email address had been corrected.

And lo, it was, and with only one more task - resetting my password to What It Was Before - I logged in (43rd time's the charm!) and was Premium.

* (For those of you who don't know, this group is almost always located behind the door that says "High Voltage - Do Not Enter." And, yes, they have a separate entrance.)

Good luck! I'm outta here - I've used up my month's entire Snark allotment with this one post.

Official Employee

• 

882 Messages

@fearlessl33ter thank you for taking the time to follow up with the solution, I'm glad to hear the Peacock Premium/Xfinity Reward concern was able to get corrected. We're available for employee support 7 days a week between 6am - 12 am EST, have a good day. 

1 Message

6 months ago

Not working for me either, and i'm a Platinum rewards member.  Tried to activate PeacockTV through the www.xfinity.com/activate-peacock link given in my xfinity rewards email.  But I do NOT get the "Activate Peacock" button.  Instead, i get the following error message:

We’re sorry, your account isn’t eligible for this Peacock offer

View your current TV & Streaming plan to see your available offers, or visit our Help and Support for more details.

This is SO frustrating...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @kb564 ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having trying to redeem your Peacock reward. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

6 Messages

5 months ago

This is such a frustrating issue! We have activated the deal, and you end up in a circle of redirection and still stopped by a pay wall. Xfinity- fix this issue!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here