U

Sunday, April 21st, 2024 2:32 PM

Paramount Plus with Showtime

I have Paramount Plus with Showtime included with my package. How do I access Paramount Plus?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

29 days ago

Paramount created massive confusion by renaming the Showtime linear channel like that. I have no idea if having the regular (former) Showtime channel gives you streaming access or not.

Some info from the Paramount+ web site:

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-What-is-the-SHOWTIME-add-on-for-Paramount-subscribers

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-I-have-a-subscription-to-the-Paramount-with-SHOWTIME-network-through-my-TV-provider-Do-I-also-get-a-subscription-to-the-Paramount-with-SHOWTIME-plan-on-Paramount

http://www.paramountplus.com/link

Contributor

• 

589 Messages

The article clearly says if your Tv provider is a participating partner, you will get access to all of Paramount +.

I have been asking for 2 months why Xfinity will not participate, and never get a straight answer.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

27 days ago

@user_gb9oz8 Welcome to our community forum! I want to make sure you're able to view all your favorite content :). When you open the app called Paramount+ with Showtime, you should have access as long as you're subscribed to Showtime. Please give this a try and let me know if it works. 

Contributor

• 

589 Messages

XfinityEmilyB..please read: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/customer-service/paramount-plus-with-showtime-impossible-to-sign-into-app-with-subscription-from-xfinity/65e426a4aad9eb48a85beebb

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Now 5/6/24 and Paramount+ still says Comcast is still not linked.  Paramountplus.com/link page still doesn't include Comcast.  I still can't use the Paramount+ app via my Comcast cable TV including Showtime.  What's the hold up?

2 Messages

Since Xfinity charges $12 for this program, and it doesn't include the actual Paramount+ app, it seems the best option is to just purchase the Paramount+ with Showtime directly for the same $12. My problem is that I am charged for this as a bundle and I can't get out of this charge...

2 Messages

My account also says that I have access to Paramount+ with Showtime as part of my bundle. It looks like if you subscribe to this channel separately they charge you $12 per month, ultimately for what was Showtime channels. However, you can subscribe through Paramount+ for the same $12 and get the full app including the Showtime channels. So it would make sense to go direct and cut Xfinity out completely. BUT, since mine is part of a "package" there is no way to recoup the $12 per month that is bundled so I can go to Paramount directly...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@ruthemm123 Paramount + is a separate subscription fee and not the same as Paramount so you should have a different username and password for use of the app. Did you try to use those credentials? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

589 Messages

12 days ago

That's the whole point of this thread-Xfinity won't partner with Paramount+ (like Directv and 4 others have done ),  so that we can convert (for free) our Showtime subscriptions

to Paramount+ and have full programming access . And it's been 4 months now with NO explanation from an Xfinity rep as to what the holdup is.

Official Employee

• 

663 Messages

Hi there, @tbill1! Unfortunately, we do not have any further information on this to share currently. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here