S

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 3rd, 2023 3:01 AM

Closed

Paramount Plus Error Something Went Wrong

I get an error message on Paramount+ every day that says “something went wrong! please try again, and an OK box, but you can’t click the OK box, and more often than not, paramount plus is still playing in the background behind the error message. The only way to get out of the message is to hit last button on the remote or exit and that kicks you out of paramount plus. I’ve tried restarting my box, refreshing the signal, and it does no good. It so annoying. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

11 months ago

Hey there, @stephen326 thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your Paramount Plus account. I can see how that would be frustrating, and I know my household loves watching Paramount Plus. Are you having issues with any other apps? Have you tried watching Paramount Plus on another device to see if you are having the same issue? 

Contributor

• 

121 Messages

8 months ago

I am having a similar problem.  When I access the Paramount+ app through the X1 box, and arrow down to the "continue watching" (or whatever it's called) section, and click on the left-most item in that list, i.e. the one I was most-recently watching, I get the "something went wrong" error screen.  I can often use the "back" button to go back to the previous screen (list of programs).  But if I try to watch that show again, I get the same error screen.

By fooling around, I discovered that if I go to the second program on the "continue watching" list, I can continue playing that program without an error.  Then, I press the "back" button until I get back to the list again.  Now, the program I really wanted to watch (which used to be the left-most program in the list) is now the second program in the list.  When I arrow over to it and click on it, it now will play with no problems.

I have tried exiting the app and trying again, and I've tried rebooting the DVR.  But this problem still continues to happen.  It looks like I found a work-around, but it's really annoying.  That, plus the app itself is really, really slow, much slower than Amazon Prime or Max or Peacock.

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here