G

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 29th, 2021 6:47 PM

Closed

Paramount app won’t recognize my Xfinity subscription

To be clear, this is the “Paramount” app and NOT Paramount+.

my Xfinity live tv subscription includes the Paramount channel. What is the problem?

the Paramount app forces me to a screen that has a list of TV providers and Xfinity isn’t even listed??? [Edited: "Language"]

help!!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@G3n0z 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We currently provide access to more than 80 network websites and apps across 21 devices, in addition to the thousands of things to watch on the Xfinity Stream app and online via the Xfinity Stream portal. We're working to expand access and content choices for even more options in the future. Right now, the following networks are available:

Right now, your Xfinity login credentials can be used to login to the Paramount+ app/website if you have an active subscription on that platform. We do not currently support logging into the Paramount (not Paramount+) app/website with our Xfinity credentials. 

While we’d like to make all content available to you through network streaming apps and websites, we may only do so when we have an agreement with the networks. Whenever we renew our programming agreements with TV networks, we explore the possibility of increasing accessibility through network streaming apps and websites, as well as through On Demand.

Additional information about Xfinity supported apps and websites can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/online-tv-through-partner-sites

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

@XfinityJessie Can you let whomever controls that list you provided to remove NFL Network? Because you CANNOT use Xfinity credentials for the NFL website or within the NFL app to watch the NFL Network. Thanks.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ the channel is Paramount Network not Paramount+.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I agree and am also disappointed in this. Doesn't seem like it is that hard to do since there is already a current agreement. Just add an addendum! It's done all the time for business contracts.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Are you serious?  Don’t have to get ahold of Paramount because Xfinity is the one with the problem.  I hope you don’t work for Xfinity because your customer service sucks!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Very frustrating.  I have Paramount as part of my package but cannot sign in to the Paramount app with my Xfinity subscription because Xfinity isn't listed as a valid provider.  Come on Xfinity!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@DT_UM​ I have a similar issue. Trying to watch Yellowstone Season 4 through the Paramount app but can only watch episode 1. The rest are locked and requires you to login to your cable tv provider account but the problem is Xfinity is not listed as an option out of hundreds  of cable provider options. I see in this forum many people purchased season 4 of Yellowstone but can only watch a couple of episodes the rest don’t work. I think there must be some kind of issue between Paramount and Xfinity

Gold Problem Solver

• 

358 Messages

Hi @user_be35db are you using the Paramount+ app to gain access to these episodes, the ones that are locked? 

I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum or work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityMiguel

ParamountPlus app login is not the issue... that works fine through Roku. It's *Paramount Network* app that requires a login through your provider.

The issue is that Paramount only makes some shows/episodes available via Paramount+, while other, more current, shows/seasons, are only available on *Paramount Network* app. 

Excuse me, I am as perplexed writing this as u are reading it. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Ok well, here is the history.

When Paramount became unavailable back when the 2 companies had their contract break.

I read the forums, they said log into paramount plus app and that is how you can get access. We did that until , it became inaccessible. Kept watching forum everyone chiming in. Finally saw where the private support could happen if I made my own post. So I did that, here we are.

so now I am trying the same app paramount plus and cannot log in now. 
i do not have a paramount network app. But I just tried the voice command for paramount network and it is channel 29o which is paramount network and I have that again.  I think it was channel 49 before, not sure.  Anyways it looks like my Yellowstone DVR’s are working, they were not playing before but saying they recorded

So confusing … I’m not sure but I think this is ok now.

thank you for your help!!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you very much for letting us know your Yellowstone DVR's are working and for the feedback about your experience with Paramount. 

Please let us know if anything else ever comes up. We are always happy to help as much as we can. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Yes, and it won't "unlock" season 4 !!

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. Can you clarify what program you are trying to view and how you are accessing the content so we can better assist you?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

People keep saying to use Paramount Plus (app), this app not only requires a subscription but also payment separate from your Xfinity "PAID" plan.

I believe this is why people are having a problem as am I. If it is included in my Xfinity plan, then I should be able to stream it without paying a separate fee. In order to do that, it has to go through the Paramount Network app and not the Paramount+ app. And as stated above, Paramount Network does not list Xfinity as a cable provider which makes this all the more frustrating. Is there a way to watch the Plus app without paying, with Xfinity credentials?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_611948​ Very well said and I totally agree! People like billmich88888 just don't seem to get this simple request.

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Hello. You will need a subscription to Paramount+ to access content available on Paramount+ as described here

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

That is correct.  Paramount Network is not Paramount+.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi. SO I have a subscription to Paramount+ and have trouble connecting it to my xFinity service.

-- I refreshed my entire cable network to clear up any common problems. (10-20 minutes)

-- Followed by clearing my privacy cookies. (Cookie Monster apparently will not be visiting anytime soon, thanks a lot)

-- The list posted was a great answer, above navigates me to Paramount.com, so I followed down that rabbit hole.

Logged into Paramount website, navigated to my "device," and selected xFinity from the list. I was then directed to a page asking for my "Xfinity Activation Code" Being that it is not listed on my device, nor found anywhere in my account. Usually need not to mention, but I will, google... yeah not there either. So I found the only thing in my house that will listen when I talk (kinda haha), my xfinity remote. Totally LoVE this thing btw, in essence, its awesome although needs a major code upgrading, it has more potential. Spoke the word "Paramount" this time with more enthusiastic. An error screen directing me to visit xfinity.com/UpgradeTV  Yes I understand that I did not give you my money directly and choose to give it to Paramount, but punishing me is not cool on any level. 

Being lost is an understatement. I will win this battle, How you still ask, continue to worry because I still don't know. At the rate of technological advances, I have about 18 months before it doubles. That should be about the time I have an answer. 

To the other strangers reading this, fret not, your are not alone. I am somewhere out there having trouble with something. Hopefully not stubbing my toe again, that was not fun. Although I taught myself new versions of words that evening. I mean I LoVE my bed and everything, but that corner post is still not my friend. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I enjoyed the first 3 seasons of Yellowstone on Peacock. Went to Paramount app (not Plus) for the 4th season and was able to watch only episode 1. It is asking me to choose my provider and Xfinity is not among the choices.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Greetings! Thank you so much for reaching out. Paramount+ would actually be the location you would want to be searching for in order to access those episodes of Yellowstone. I am a big fan of Yellowstone! Awesome show. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ that is not true.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Why is it the most clueless posts on this thread all come from "Official Xfinity Employees"?  It's like they never read the OP, much less any of the other posts.  

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

@user_e4f638  [Edited: username added]

Our Community Forum was designed to build a positive and thriving peer to peer help community. I need to remind you of our first guideline - "Be good to each other" - positive, constructive comments will help to maintain the positive spirit on these forums. Please give the same consideration and tolerance to others that you would like to receive from them. If you have questions about our forum guidelines, you can find our guidelines here - https://comca.st/3saflCz

Access to third part apps and websites is provided by those networks free and not as a part of your package. Some networks allow access, and others do not. Most of the channels/networks that we provide to our customers are owned by media companies other than Comcast/Xfinity. We obtain the rights to carry channels (as well as access apps or websites) according to contracts with those companies, which expire, change, and are renewed from time to time. Learn more about those Contracts and Contract Renewals here - https://comca.st/3s84yZx

If you have the Paramount channel in your lineup, that does not grant access to the Paramount+ App or website, that requires a separate subscription to that service. We do provide access to more than 80 network websites and apps across 21 devices, but not all networks in your lineup provide access to their websites or apps, nor is that access a part of your subscription to the channel. These accesses are provided free by the networks at their discretion.

I hope this helps!

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Why was I able to access Paramount with my Xfinity package for two years bit am unable to do so now. I was not notified of this change

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Is there an answer to this or what?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_454921​ I am a subscriber to Xfinity and Paramount+ app which is separate of Paramount Network.  Xfinity needs to give us the access we have a right to as cable customers so we can stream shows like Yellowstone that aired on the Paramount Network channel on Xfinity.  The only two places to watch/stream Yellowstone is Paramount Network and Peacock(paid) but not Paramount+ app.  With South Park it airs on the Paramount Network channel on Xfinity but only streams on Paramount Network and HBOMax.  Paramount Network is not Paramount+ app.  Paramount Network is a channel on Xfinity ( or any other cable/dish/etc service) with Paramount Network the streaming service which our service provider ( Xfinity) should get us access to like Cox, DirecTV, YouTube, or any other service carrier.  Xfinity is the issue.  They are the service provider that airs the Paramount Network.  Xfinity please get this corrected.  Might I suggest you try to log onto Paramount Network and see the issue for yourself.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here