U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 23rd, 2022 6:46 PM

Closed

Only NBC glitching

We were unable to watch the summer Olympics because of this issue, still happening as we head into winter Olympics

seems like this is a known issue, when we called last summer they said they were working on it but never resolved Andes up just not watching as a result.

1. Is this going to actually get fixed this time?

2. How else can we get this channel.   Pretty close to dumping Xfinity for this and 3 other reasons (after 10-20 hours of attempted fixes with no luck we are ready to move on).  

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @user_2b498d

I'm sorry to hear that you have had issues with your NBC channel for so long, that's not how your services should work and we want to make sure this gets fixed. 

To make sure I am understanding the issue correctly, when you say "glitching" do you mean that the picture tiles or freezes and the audio skips? Or something else? Or only some of those things? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Picture pixelates making it almost impossible to watch.   Only on nbc.   Don’t you own them?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

If it's only one network then that's definitely a channel frequency issue. Are any of your cables bent or pinched? I may have to check your account to see what I can find.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

We have several TVs and excellent internet (your saving grace), no other issues so a ‘pinched’ cable wouldn’t cause a problem on just one of 4000 stations over cable or streaming.   I have spent many hours on the phone trying to correct this; last summer an employee mentioned this was a known issue and we would receive a credit for the “inconvenience “.   I think we got $5 or something.

This is not my problem, it is a known issue with Comcast.  I am unwilling to spend more time looking at cords, sitting on hold, unplugging and replugging things in, burning incense, chanting incantations or sacrificing chickens.  If some of this had worked in the past I’d be willing to entertain it, but alas it has not.

At this point my goal is to:

- get Comcast to admit it is their fault and actually fix this for me and my fellow Americans

in lieu of that, I will take suggestions for alternatives and/or abject humiliation for Comcast on my way out the door.   Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

I definitely apologize for the amount of time you have spent troubleshooting the channel issue. I know how valuable your time is and to have to spend hours on the phone would be frustrating. We want to get this resolved for you. I would like to take a look at your account and help with troubleshooting. I know you do not want to spend any additional time working on this. However, the best way to get this resolved would be to submit a ticket to our Advance Support Team in order to report the issue and fix any issues on the backend. I definitely hope you give us the opportunity to help! 

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have been fighting these issues w xfinity for years. I am in a community that has me locked into Comcast xfinity ..  it has been so frustrating and like the others I’ve spent untold hours on the phone. Just lost the final episodes of two top nbc shows this week. To top it off I went on peacock and it played exactly 3 minutes into the show gold circle appeared spinning and it all went black. So again unplugged and who knows what will happen next. I’m so tired of xfinity I’d love to boot it into infinity and beyond. Constant freezing up .. loosing sound .. dropping everything with messages that they are having trouble with station owners. What the hell is that about. Just fix it and this time maybe get it right. Reimbursement of charges..that’s a joke like the other person said what can you do w $5 against these bills. Give a month of free base service!!  If it wasn’t for good internet I’d be gone too. Watch out people don’t need cable these days.. lots of options out there. I’m not surprised you’re loosing customers by the droves. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

Hey there, Backrat12.

Can you send our team a private message with your full name and service address? Our team can take a look into your account and do our best to make sure the services are working as intended. To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue as user above. Pixilated dark screen on N B C only. 
please fix!!

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

@user_5c2384 I want to get you watching the amazing Winter Olympic coverage and other great NBC programming as quickly as possible. May I get some more information from you about the issue? Is it happening on both HD and SD channels have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Is the problem always present or does it come and go? During your local broadcasts like the local news is it present then as well?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same, NBC is sporadically Pixelmator and glitching.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @user_c495d9! Thank you for reporting your issues with NBC pixelating and glitching. I wanted to check in with you to see if you are still seeing this on your end? If so, we'll need to take a deeper look into this so we can report it to our Advanced Tech Team to help with a fix. If you are still seeing the pixelating and glitching, please send a direct message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here