A

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Monday, December 20th, 2021 7:53 PM

Closed

No Closed Captions on Showtime

I was trying to watch Dexter New Blood on Showtime, but like the captions on because I'm a little deaf. I noticed there were no CC on the show so I skipped it. Later on, I tried to watch something else on Showtime and the CC on that didn't work either. I tried both Showtime channels, I don't know why there are two, but nothing aired on there has working CC.

When I watched Dexter today, using the on demand, it had CC. Later, when I recorded the next episode, the recorded episode didn't have CC, but the VOD version did. 

I tried this on my 4K box and the stream app on my android phone. It's the same result, no CC on showtime. Works on every other channel, just not Showtime. Anyone else having the same issue?

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_0df70f, Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the closed captioning! It would be our pleasure to assist. Are you still having issues with the closed captioning on Showtime? Also, have any other channels displayed the issue with CC? 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityNicki 

still having issues with CC Works fine on every channel, even the other showtime channels,. Just not on the main one 672 673

Official Employee

• 

292 Messages

Thank you so much! I deeply appreciate it! I have checked our known issues list and this is not on the list but that doesn't mean that we can't still troubleshoot the issue. Now, when did you notice the lack of closed captioning on live shows and recorded content? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityNicki  more thhan a couple weeks now. no subtitles on the same showtime channels on xfinity stream app either,

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Thanks for checking if the app would show the CC, @user_0df70f. I see a reported issue with Homeland on Showtime affecting the CC but nothing for the Showtime channel as a whole or Dexter. I would like to go through the troubleshooting process. If the process doesn't fix the problem then a ticket is opened to our Engineering team. I am thinking that is where this is going to end up from what you have told us so let's get this going. 

Can you and @user_b427b1 please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support? To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having about the same problem; no CC comes through on my recordings of Dexter, or On Demand either. Zilch. Nada. Xfinity doesn't seem to know what the problem is. The first technician I spoke to tried to tell me that I had to record the show with the CC on! (wrong!), and she was adamant about it. She also said that once a recording is made, if it isn't recorded with CC, there's no way to get CC back! (wrong!). I don't know if the problem is with Shotime or Xfinity, but if I cann Shotime, I'm sure they'll tell me it's Xfinity's problem. This is the only show I have had this problem with. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_b427b1 

Edited Forums Guidelines (Xfinity Forum Guidelines | Xfinity Community Forum)

anyways, it works if you watch it on demand, but you have to wait the next day for it.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same issue on both my two new “smart” TVs.  Closed caption for Showtime DOES work when I’m watching Dexter on my old “dumb” TV or on my iPad. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

If anyone is having any kind of trouble, you can feel free to DM us here using the directions above! We are happy to help! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

No CC on showtime on x1 but works on all other channels. Your  font size can not be Large either pick small or medium and it will be fixed

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_61de95 crazy that customers know more than an "official XFINITY employee". Thank you for sharing this fix. But you would think XFINITY could fix the problem. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

No CC on showtime for me either!! Frustrating!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

you cant have your CC on large font size for showtime. if you pick small or medium  it will work on showtime. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_61de95​ 

No kidding, this works! This has been driving me nuts. User_087327 is right, amazing support does not know the fix but users do. Thanks for the tip!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue. It started about 3 weeks before Dexter finale’ and it exists tonight. What is the problem?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue. Yellowjackets too and now Billions. Only began a few weeks ago. How to resolve?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

So I’m confused. What good is the forum if problems are not answered? It is just a long list of the same issues. Is Xfinity reading any of this?

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have when trying to enjoy your shows, @kpcaz

Let's take a look at this in more detail. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon

or https://comca.st/3g01JCO

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I clicked on the link you gave me and it said the page was 404 and unable to load. That sure didn't help!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have same problem. Changing font smaller than large or using on Demand only things that works. Only Showtime.

I don't see any way to direct message. On  a browser. The link takes me to a 404 not found. 

Any other solutions?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_992812, thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team via Forums. We certainly understand the importance of having the option to have the feature available. Are you still experiencing the issue? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here