U

Saturday, December 30th, 2023 2:48 AM

Closed

NHL Center Ice problems

I have been reading lots of posts/complaints about error XRE-03137 with trouble connecting. It has been happening several times a night to me trying to watch a game. 5 to 6 times screen going black missing 10 to 15 minutes of the game easily. I paid $70 for 4 months of games and this is unacceptable. Please fix this. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

9 months ago

Hello all, there is currently a known issue where users are reporting errors when trying to load NBA League and NHL Center Ice channels. Our engineer teams are currently working to determine the root cause of this error to help implement a fix. We don't currently have an ETA on when a fix will be available, but are working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, the current workaround is to retry or tune to the game opponents via NBA League Pass or NHL Center Ice channels. This may be an intermittent fix until an official solution is provided. I will continue to monitor this and provide updates once available. Thank you all for your patience with us on this! 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Are you providing refunds as well? 

9 Messages

Provide an update please 😠

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have had no luck at all watching the opponents feed on NHL Center Ice.

However, you can sometimes watch the games by recording and watching the DVR recording WHILE the game is on.  However, there are also problems with this technique too, as there are still lots of frozen screens, black screens, and to top it off, the DVR recording vanishes the next morning!! 

Does anyone at Xfinity or Comcast know why the DVR recording vanishes??  Or  why you can watch it in slight delay via the DVD, but not directly from the channel??

I feel that Comcast owes me a rebate for at least 6 games, or 1/15th of the season!

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

9 months ago

Same problem here….very disappointed. 

1 Message

I have been having issues with NHL center ice recordings cutting out too for the month of December and now January. What is the fix update, and I what a partial refund.

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

@user_7f4tlu Are you seeing any error codes or messages when watching any of the games from NHL Center Ice?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

9 months ago

I thoughts this had been fixed, but tonight I briefly got the DAL-CHI game, but now I can’t bring up any games.  Not sure if the fault is Comcast or whomever runs NHL Centre Ice.  

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_410d8f That's not what should be going on! Can you still not see any games at all? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

9 Messages

Please someone help. It has to do with center ice. It's been happening since around December 28 or 29. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

9 months ago

Same here. It started off and on, but now it hasn’t connected in about an hour. I don’t wanna call them because it seems like have no idea what they’re doing. They’ll spend 45 minutes + resetting and sending signals that won’t work, then finally put me through to a higher up to tell me it’s a countywide outage. Waste of an hour. Service is lousy. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Is your service via Comcast, or another provider?  

4 Messages

I've had Comcast/Xfinity since 2018. There was a time that NHL Center Ice never did this. It was solid. Now , it's terrible. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey @user_6e22c5 so sorry to hear about those frustrations with NHL CenterIce. Are those problems still occurring? We are here to assist as much as possible.  What error messages/codes are you seeing?  

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and we'll be happy to help. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

THIS SUCKS!!!  Still happening. 3089 Penguins Flyers just happened. Its NOT what we are paying for!!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

9 months ago

@user_dlf7hr Thank you so much for letting us know you are running into an issue while trying to watch NHL Center Ice. The XRE-03137 error is commonly a temporary signal issue or interference outside your home, and it usually resolves itself within an hour or less. Occasionally, we experience system issues that might take some additional time to resolve. Meanwhile, access this video live or On Demand using the Xfinity Stream app on mobile devices and supported smart TVs, as well as the Xfinity Stream portal on a PC.

If the error persists for more than one hour, follow these steps:

1. Select Try Again on-screen.
  2. Ensure all of your TV connections are still tight, if applicable.
  3. Power cycle the TV Box by unplugging it for one to two minutes and then plugging it back in.
  4. If you can't power cycle the TV Box, try restarting it by saying, “Restart TV Box” into your Xfinity Voice Remote or holding down the power button on your TV Box, if applicable.
  5. Use Xfinity Assistant The Xfinity Assistant chat bubble icon is displayed. in the Xfinity app for additional help and chat with our agents 24/7.

1 Message

It also doesn't work on mobile or PC Stream apps when this problem happens. All other channels work, but Center Ice channels do not. Cannot access them live nor recordings of the time that the feed disappears.

We even had our X1 box replaced today - no idea why, since it's been clear from the beginning that this is a back-end problem. We have no problem with signal levels nor equipment, yet the problem persists.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

This is our first year trying centerice and will probably be our last.  nothing but problems with it freezing up, kicking us back to a previous channel, or just plain-old not working.  I'll be contacting customer service for a credit for this.  I'm not paying full price for a service that works some of the time.

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@rpf75 Sorry to hear you're having issues. If you need help you can always direct message us your full name and address for further assistance.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ This is a waste of time,  does not work.  ALL the other channels work fine just not the one we all pay extra for. Refunds need to be issued.

4 Messages

9 months ago

Several days now Center Ice totally cuts out and the screen goes black right in the middle of the broadcast. On 12/29/23 it went out at 8:45pm,on 12/30/23 it went out at 8:32pm and now tonight 1/2/24 it went out at 8:00pm. This needs to get fixed ASAP. And to make matters worse Xfinity is having a free Center Ice promotion until Jan 7. They’re not going to get any customers having no service. They should refund this months payment due to the inconvenience. 

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

9 months ago

I pay for NBA League Pass, which has worked mostly ok all season so far. Just returned home after a few days away, and every single NBA League Pass channel is down on each x1 box for me, with the same xre-03137 error you all are getting.

And every single channel for the NHL center ice “free preview” is down with the same error as well.

xfinity, can you please advise on an ETA for this to be fixed? Since it sounds like it’s been happening for several days for multiple people all at once, can you get this escalated to be fixed asap? 
Going to be wanting a partial credit here if it continues.  Seems far fetched to think it’s an outside signal issue if it is a widespread issue for multiple subscribers in multiple locations, right?

9 Messages

9 months ago

January 3 2024. I record games and then playback and they aren't there or can't play. Happening the last few days with center ice

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_1cl25l Have you been able to record and then watch any of the games previously?  

9 Messages

To answer your question,  yes in the past, that's how I watch the games. Either late night or the next day. So now with this center ice mess, the games say they are recording, then when you go to playback they aren't there. January 6 2024, last night's games, 1 of the 2 recordings that I did, showed up.  So idk if things are getting better or what. But they still aren't fixed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @user_1cl25l, thanks for taking the time to reach out today. I'm sorry to hear about the recordings, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

This is a waste of time,  does not work.  ALL the other channels work fine just not the one we all pay extra for. Refunds need to be issued.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

i am having the same issue , but they do not get it, when you call and explain it , !  the problem is in there system !  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_b9c758. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the NHL Center Ice. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

4 Messages

9 months ago

Jan 4th 8:20 pm here we go again,no NHL Center Ice. Same error code as prior XRE -03137 . No games are available to watch. This is getting ridiculous. I just paid my 3rd installment,why when I lose the coverage every night at the eight o’clock hour. I look forward to watching the games and then the coverage on all the NHL Center Ice games cuts out. And no one from Xfinity/Comcast responds or knows what is going on. This is a rip off. 

Official Employee

• 

777 Messages

@user_4oom5y Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

9 months ago

This happens every day on NBA league pass and NHL center ice.  It never used to happen until the packages were required to be on the X1 service, which has ruined everything.  It's so unreliable and Xfinity's response to every single issue is DM someone who tells you to unplug the box, do a refresh, etc. when that's never the issue.  The issue is 100% on Comcast's end and they refuse to address it.  

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @UNCNU thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your issue with your NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting as I want to ensure you are not missing any of the important games. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

4 Messages

8 months ago

Jan 5 at 7:44pm watch NHL Center Ice game Hurricanes vs Capitals. Feed tonight is great. Let’s see if it continues all night.  Fingers crossed that they fixed the problem. 

4 Messages

8 months ago

So is the Devils/Blackhawks feed. Hope I didn't just jinx it.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there, I hope your day is going well. I have looked at the issue and I see that we are still working on resolving the signal issue. How has everything been for you? 

9 Messages

8 months ago

January 6. Saturday is a big game day for the nhl and center ice. Please let's keep the updates coming. This needs to be fixed soon. 😭

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

8 months ago

I resorted to purchasing ESPN+ for the month as a backup because Center Ice on Xfinity has become so unreliable. Maybe I should ask for a $10.99 credit on my next comcast bill. The price of ESPN+ monthly.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here