A

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 10th, 2022 5:27 PM

Closed

NewsNation being dropped

A message went across the screen that said Comcast Xfinity was dropping NewsNation.  [Edited: "Solicitation"].   That’s our favorite News source.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Do not remove Newsnation as this is the only station we use for news !!!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Why are you taking off one of the better news channels, News-nation. Please don’t. I pay enough for my cable and feel as customers we should have some input on options and what we can watch. Thank you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Keep NewsNation on the air   It is a solid channel with quality programning.  Let's not lose another good TV station on our Xfinity lineup.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Newsnation wants to increase their license fees, beyond the existing contract. If they succeed, other programming service providers will undoubtedly expect equitable treatment.  Do you Comcast customers want to pay even more for your cable service? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@rtp3​ So says you.  You don’t represent comcast.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention, @adrahn. The only thing I have found regarding News Nation is under this link: https://www.xfinity.com/programmingchanges/.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@adrahn​ Yep. So says me and my 20 years of experience negotiating contracts with program providers for cable operators' distribution. But you are correct. I don't represent Comcast. I did, however, sell 2 of the cable companies that I built and managed to Comcast.

But wait...follow the link provided by XfinityKimberlyB, an "Official Xfinity Employee". Well, what's first on the list for contract expiration for December? Oh, my golly, gee...it's "NewsNation". I frankly could care less if Xfinity drops NewsNation; I have at least 6 sources for news that I actually watch. And I can watch "Blue Bloods" streaming on Hulu. Single source news doesn't provide much perspective.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I read your

“We’re committed to bringing you the best in entertainment”

as suggested.

Here I found the following

“When an agreement with a programmer ends, it sometimes means that programmer’s content can no longer be offered on our platforms.”

And if this is the case, your organization needs to created a new agreement to keep NEWSNATION.  As a customer, and I hope, a valued subscriber you will make this happen.

My opinion, NEWSNATION, I find to be as unbiased as can be these days, and a public service needed to help educate the public with a new perspective not found in any other one of your channels.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Give us that option, DO not just cancel!!!  I would be happy to pay a little more fro NewsNation!!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Don’t cancel news nation. Please !

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_0b8b25. We will always continue to work on an agreement. Here is more about how it works. https://www.xfinity.com/howitworks/

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Do not drop this news station from our service.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_20b0da - Thank you for your feedback and for voicing your concerns on the Xfinity Forums. Your feedback helps us reevaluate the channels and programs we offer. Please provide feedback for channel requests and content to be added here. Thank you!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Do not drop? The Best source of news you got. The only one we watch, the rest are to bias.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Please do not get rid of News Nation.  It is the fastest growing and best bi partisan option out there.  

35 year Comcast customer

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Please do not drop News Nation.

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@user_8ef4b7 Hi there, thank you for your feedback regarding the News Nation channel. You can find further information here: https://www.xfinity.com/howitworks/  as well as the option to submit your feedback here  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/channel-availability-faqs

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My wife and I love NewsNation because it is not wall to wall talking panel heads like on MSNBC, CNC, etc...

Come on Comcast/Xfinity - work it out with NewsNation and find an agreeable resolution.

NewsNation is news that doesn't [Edited: "Language"] to watch and get informed.

Signed,

Xfinity customer of 15+ years

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @TerraNova11, appreciate you taking the time to reach out. We would love to have you submit feedback in our portal for this channel request. Our corporate teams take the interest and weighs those requests when going into those negotiations. 

https://collect.iperceptions.com/?lID=1&rn=123531&pID=1&hs1=102214&hs2=91787&siteID=1&referrer=Link&sdfc=03b756c0-123531-0dcbb1db-cd59-44d5-8c25-4e78d3da0dac&source=91787&destination=commentcard&width=680&height=750&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

12/10/2022

Just happened to notice the small scrolling across the top of my NEWSNATION show and called the phone number listed [Edited: "Personal Information"] to "demand comcast keep newsnation" but of course as with any comcast phone numbers you can't get through, so I decided to google comcast cancelling NewsNation and came up to this forum.  Dear Comcast!  PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THE NEWSNATION NETWORK.  NEWSNETWORK is such an informative unbiased IMO station.  I especially love Ashleigh BANFIELD.  She is extremely informative and thoughtful to all of her guests and correspondents.  PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THE NEWSNATION NETWORK.  If you do this just proves to me that Comcast/Xfinity is going even further downhill.  And please fix your phone service while you're at it.  It is the most difficult and frustrating thing to do when you have a problem with your comcast equipment.  Most of the time we need to speak to a human right from the get to, not all these prompts to then be told you need to get a texted link to your phone and a bunch of nonsense.  Anyway, I digressed......PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE NEWS NATION FROM YOUR CHANNEL LINEUP.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Please do not drop news nation. We need news that is unbiased and motor near the center

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Please don't remove NewsNation.  I watch this station for news and the programs.   

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @user_8dc26e!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity here on our Community Forum!  We are so happy to hear from you and want to help out in any way that we can.  Most of the channels that we offer are owned by media companies other than Comcast, which means we need to pay those companies in order to bring their channels to our customers. We negotiate contracts with these media companies to obtain the rights to carry their channels, on-demand content, and streaming apps on our platforms. Comcast has successfully renegotiated thousands of expiring contracts over the years and rarely experienced an interruption of service.   Once a channel contract expires, we no longer have the right to carry that channel and associated on-demand content on our platforms. Loss of broadcast stations listed here would include loss of the multicast signals, if any, associated with the stations.  We hope to come to a mutually amicable decision that benefits all parties involved, and above all our customers.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Please don't drop Newsnation.  It's the best news station on air!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

If this channel is eliminated, I will eliminate my mobile and internet subscriptions also. There are too many other cheaper options available now. Verizon has a great mobile deal right now.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Please don't remove News Nation from our existing lineup!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

NewsNation is the only news broadcast that is not totally biased to the left or right. I will likely drop Xfinity and go to a cheaper alterative is they drop it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here