U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 7th, 2022 4:53 PM

Closed

Newsmax not available

All of a sudden I get the message "You don't have access to this channel".  What happened to Newsmax.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

@user_eb3115 

We apologize that you are experiencing an issue when attempting to watch Newsmax. When attempting to watch Newsmax are you doing so through your Xfinity television box, a Xfinity Flex device, or on Xfinity Stream (app or website)?

Just so you are aware, Newsmax is now an all digital channel, because of this it can now be found on channel 1115. You can also say "Newsmax" into your Xfinity voice remote to easily navigate to that channel. Is the issue you are experiencing happening when attempting to navigate to that channel?

Additionally, you can verify that Newsmax is included in your Xfinity television subscription by checking here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup-bundles. By logging in there you can see exactly what channels are included in your current Xfinity television package. 

Additional information about how to find Newsmax on Xfinity, please see here: https://www.newsmaxtv.com/findus

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJessie​ 

no, it is not working like that.  we are experiencing the same and 1115 or saying 'newsmax' does not work.  it says 'don't have access'.  please get this remedied ASAP as the other news channels [Edited: "Language"].  thank you for your help.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having the exact same issue, same with Smithsonian Channel noticeably also.  These are still listed in the bundle I have 185+ channels.  I have channels I can add, but these are not an option.  Therefore it seems like it's a bug rather than this channel being taken away from us.  How could I even add it if I wanted to?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_be332b, thank you so much for reaching out to us about your TV channels issues you are having. You are in the right place and I am happy to take a look at your account. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

@user_59b330 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This issue is back again, says I don't have access to this channel, [Edited: "Political"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there! If you are having issues, please create your own post asking for assiatance. Thank you! -Airelle 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I was surprised to find this morning that I no longer have acceess to my Newsmax channel which I've been watching for over a year.  Xfinity what is up?  For what I'm paying for your service, I'm hoping that this isn't another "pay to view" channel.

On the other hand, if this is a part of a larger "polital"issue, shame on you and your organization.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there, @user_71f415. Sorry to hear you are having issues with accessing this channel. When trying to watch, what does it say on the screen? Any error code or messages? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have had the same issue for at least 2 days, also AHC is gone, too.  Same message.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

followup:   Eventually the dvr box froze completely, so badly that I could only try pulling the power plug to reset it.  After rebooting itself a few times, it eventually return to operation and the missing channels were back.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

As of this morning, I no longer have access to Newsmax on Xfinity. Worked yesterday.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is the only channel im having a problem with as of 2 days ago, of course its political.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

When I got home today it’s working again. So they must’ve corrected it. Must’ve been a glitch   

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

I am glad to hear that your channel came back, we definitely want to make sure you are able to watch your TV service and the channels you subscribe to when you want.  That is great to hear, now did you do any troubleshooting, or did your channels just come up again?             

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Why is Newsmax requiring a subscription now?

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hey there @cjstarling! I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with Newsmax, to confirm, are you still not able to view this channel? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

As of 2 days ago, I cannot find Newsmax either.  I searched for channel 1115 and it doesn't even find the channel by number.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_410568, we can certainly understand how frustrating it is to experience issues with accessing a channel you enjoy. Can you please advise if you've attempted to search "Newsmax" on your voice remote? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I tried the voice remote and it says the channel doesn't exist.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Why is newsmax gone from my channel lineup. I tried all the fixes. Did Comcast remove it from their channel lineup. It would be disappointing just like msg

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_4998f0​ I had to reboot the System.  Took about 20 minutes but all my channels are back.  I hope it works for you, too.

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

Hello @user_4998f0, thanks to @user_15dcac comment and assistance, It looks like some users were able to reboot their systems to resolve this issue and have their channels returned to them.  Have you tried to do a reboot to see if that would resolve your issues?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here