U

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, May 1st, 2024 11:34 PM

MLB Extra Innings screen and and Audio Freezes

As with almost every year, why isn't  Xfinity monitoring, aware of , fixing the screen and audio freezes on their highly priced, but less games app MLB extra innings? For the last several days, watching Yankees games the screen and audio freeze frequently like every few seconds. Tried watching the oponents channel...same issue....c'mon folks get with it. Every year,...it some issue or another. 

4 Messages

1 month ago

Have same exact issue - so frustrating that I am resetting modem and cable box every game now - not worth cost and will be asking for money back 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

1 month ago

Seriously, is anybody from Xfinity going to respond as to what they are doing about this? I am watching the Yankees right now (1:45pm) and it's still doing the same things I described in my original post. Hello Xfinity?!

2 Messages

Amazing. Same here. Has anyone called?

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

I haven't....I can't stand there phone menu and the reps, based on past experience, have no idea what these sports packages are...so it's just frustrating from beginning to end. I have had some success with responses on this forum, but not this time...at least not yet.

Official Employee

• 

898 Messages

Hi there. @user_03b8a8 ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your MLB Extra Innings freezing. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

Same problem today!!! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi @user_0g4zyz

Thank you for reaching out on this post. I see you're having a similar issue as well. I'm sure this has been a real headache, but we'll do our best to help. Can I get more details about the troubles and errors you see on your end?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

1 month ago

This has been happening to me for quite some time as well. 

At first I thought the issue was my team’s channel, so I would switch over to the opponents and the issue continues.

Has anyone had any luck as far as receiving any assistance with this?

Certainly is frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

636 Messages

@user_jsrt5w
Hello and thank you for your comment. We would like to dig into this further with you. At this time, we need to troubleshoot MLB Extra Innings issues individually. Please, send a DM to "Xfinity Support" with your name and address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

29 days ago

This has and is still happening to us since we signed for the MLB package with xfinity.  Did not have this problem last year.  Also, worth noting that all other channels work fine.  Xfinity support - is this a known issue?   I have called in and it was a waste of time being put on hold for so long. 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

I have reported it and told them that people all over are experiencing it. They told me they fixed it an automated message this a.m., but I wrote them back and told them that it was still doing it. So they set up a tech visit, even though I told them several times that it isn't just me. I suggest you sign in above (top right) and direct message them.....and that's the short version. Maybe if enough people contact them, they'll figure it out. Calling is useless. The call center folks don't even know what these sports packages are.

Official Employee

• 

499 Messages

user_76ef01 Are you still having issues with your MLB package?

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

I am having this problem as well. I live in New Jersey (Jersey City) 

Official Employee

• 

984 Messages

user_03b8a8 Good morning! I'm checking in to see if you are still experiencing an issue. We are showing the issue has been resolved. I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hey there dominisc01, thank you for coming to the Forum for support with your picture issues. I love sports, so I can see why you'd want some support on this. Who's your favorite team? Are you still having the same screen and audio freezing issues? If so, have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your end? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

18 days ago

Sorry I took so long to respond. I don't go on the Forums a lot, so I did not see a response

Yes, I am but it doesn't Happen every day. It is Evey other day and once I could not even watch

from the beginning. And this week the Phillies played the Mets, and the games are blacked out 

until tomorrow then I can start watching to see if things have changed.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for the update, dominisc01. We can help troubleshoot here. Is this happening on all of your sports channels or just MLB? Have you tried rebooting the box manually or through the Xfinity App? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Hi Dilary ,It is just happening on my one cable box. everything was checked and works great. it is not every day. It is every other day. 

It happens on Saturday game, when I start to fast forward up until about 45 to 50ty minutes into the game.

Then on Sunday game was fine. I have to wait till tomorrow night game to see if it happens again.

Because that is the next game for the Phillies.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for getting back to us, dominisc01. It would be better to troubleshoot the issue while it is ongoing. If you experience the same problem tomorrow, please DM us immediately for further assistance. 

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Hi Xfinity Dilary  it seems to be finally fixed. Last Two game worked perfectly. One other issue is 

That I do not have to fix this issue on my end. It does have to do with the guide on the MLB Extra inning 

dvr side. It records both the home and away games I ONLY want the Phillies board cast. Same thing with the Yankees 

board cast it records all 3 of the games. And I ONLY need the YES version and not the MLB Extra. Can you let the ENGINNER

no what is going on. When I try to call in, I keep getting the run around from phone lady. please help.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for the update dominisc01. I am glad the issue has been resolved. What do you mean by DVR board cast? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

11 days ago

I mean that it records all feeds of the board casts I just need to have just the yes version not the MLB extra inning and just the Phillies boardcast .

They record both feeds. That is what I 'am talking about. 

2 Messages

5 days ago

having A/V issues with MLB extra innings, intermittently but today it hasn’t worked for me all day

1 Message

MLB extra inning has had no audio and hesitating video all day. I’ll try rebooting but it looks like I’m not alone.

2 Messages

@user_6gp2to​ I followed the promts from xfinity representatives but still nothing, I go threw this every year it seems. 

Official Employee

• 

690 Messages

@user_6gp2to, I responded to your original post about this issue. Please check it out. Thanks! 

2 Messages

5 days ago

I'm having the same issue and wondering why I pay so much for services that always has issues. Seems to be going on for months now with no resolution

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 days ago

Same issue. Xfinity when will

this be fixed? 

2 Messages

At least an acknowledgement and a refund would be nice. But of course no mass email or alert to paying customers 

2 Messages

150.00 for a frozen screen with no audio, you would think I’d learn my lesson 

Official Employee

• 

370 Messages

@user_j01wpb This was resolved, with customers confirming their games played successfully. I also checked the board for known issues and there is nothing concerning MLB or the sport. What troubleshooting have you done? 

Official Employee

• 

597 Messages

user_9sx00o Are you still having issues with MLB Extra Innings? 
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here