cvk9's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 6th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Marquee

I do not know what the status of Marquee sports will be but I do object to the cost of their fans and non-fans. I for one will consider changing my choice of TV provider if the cost goes up to support the Cubs payroll. Comcast, please hold the line and not pay the Cubs

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

4 years ago

It’s been “close” for two weeks. I’d start thinking about alternate means. I am.

Obviously Comcast doesn’t care about my business, but boy do they want you to watch Peacock.

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

4 years ago

Hulu Live, here I come.   I've been more than patient with you, Comcast, but you have decided that your pettiness is more important than the millions of fans within the market you've decided to give a rude finger to.

Good luck with Peacock.

Contributor

• 

337 Messages

4 years ago

From todays newspaper.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/7/16/21327178/marquee-sports-network-gm-mike-mccarthy-confident-cubs-comcast

I will believe it when I see a true joint announcement and a what channel they will be on.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Looks like I'm going to have to cut the cord as well.  I've been on Comcast for more than 30 years, but I don't see that I have an option.  The season starts in one week and we've been told that a deal was going to happen any day now for months.   You lie!!!   Doesn't look like Comcast cares about its customers.  I'm tired of wondering if I'm going to miss the season after waiting 9 long months for Cubs baseball.  It's not that I can afford HULU live, but I can't be without the Cubs.  Shame on all of you!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

337 Messages

4 years ago

I would not be surprised if a deal is announced either days before the first game or on the day of the first game.

See

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2020/07/17/obsessive-marquee-comcast-watch-bruce-levine-has-heard-a-deal-will-get-done/

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah, I'm not convinced.  From a paragrah in the story you linked:

That, to be honest, kind of made me feel a little less confident – it made what he was saying feel less like a report and more like his own level of confidence. That’s still worth something, mind you, but it is much less than “Yes, this is absolutely going to happen, I’ve seen the documents!”

Comcast has no desire to add this channel.  That's been pretty obvious from day one.  The sooner you switch, the sooner you get the Cubs.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

When will Comcast be adding the Marquee Sports Network?  DIRECTV, HULU Live, and many others already have this channel.  What is the status of this channel being added to XFINITY/Comcast??

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Is there any update on this channel?  @ComcastAl 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

As of today, no

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I will be cancelling xfinity on Saturday morning if Marquee is not on Comcast.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hey Comcast, get a deal done NOW with Marquee Sports! You stand to loose all of us Cubs fans!

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I see they locked the previous thread on this.  That should tell you everything you need to know, unfortunately.

I will be cancelling, as will my parents, not to mention a few friends who will be dumping Comcast in the next few days if Marquee Sports Network is not added. 

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

4 years ago

They won’t miss you, and I’m not saying that to be snarky.

For every one of us who leaves, someone will take our place. Nature of the beast.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I will be there with you l guess they won’t miss my 300 plus cable bill a month

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

There is another thread on this and some believe that a lost subscriber is magically automatically replaced with a new subscriber.   My post was bot removed for no reason but this is important to me and others after this has dragged on for so long.  

I guess Peacock is Comcast's the answer to that?   Maybe the metrics tell Comcast this, but its a black eye handed out to loyal Comcast customers any way you cut it. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here