Jamiesouth's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Friday, March 4th, 2022 4:58 AM

Closed

Ion Mystery

I keep seeing commercials for the new Ion Mystery channel. It's supposed to replace Court TV Mystery channel. Are we getting this channel?

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

Greetings! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I believe that

Court TV Mystery was officially rebranded as ION Mystery on February 24th. If your channel lineup already includes Court TV Mystery, then it should be on the same channel now as Ion Mystery.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJamesC​ - this is an 'almost' answer. What is the channel number?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_e6034d​ That's going to depend on your area, I think.  I'd like to know the channel as well, but all that shows on my lineup for anything ION is the local WINP-TV station which provides ION Television (no reference to Court TV or ION Mystery).  And the general lineup doesn't list it on mine.  (digital airwaves locally of WINP carry ION Mystery in a multiplexed signal on the airwaves, but it is not it seems on XFinity in my region)

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ I don't see Court TV Mystery Channel either. I'm in Atlanta, what's the specific Channel number to ION Mystery?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

This link can help provide that answer: https://comca.st/3CEUJ9f. Make sure to include your address in the top right-hand corner. 

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityJodie​ And that doesn't assist much.  Whether I'm logged into my account or not, and putting my address into that system, it doesn't show up **at all** in any of the channel lineups.  no entries for Court TV, ION Mystery, heck not even an entry for ION Television.  Which, in turn, brings us back to the core question: is this *actually* carried by XFinity lineups?  (I have XFINITY Cable TV and Internet - Double Play - in case it matters)

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 years ago

Have you rebooted your boxes?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@Again​ I did, yes, no changes.  Doesn't show up in the Guide even when it's on the "All Channels" setting.  (Hence my other thread about this issue, but more specifically narrow to the area i'm in rather than global 'not available' stuff, since i know the airwaves here have it multiplexed but XFinity doesn't have it)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/channels-and-programming/ion-mystery/62219c7c37a14626f996f981?commentId=622441d42aad694bede1c813&replyId=6228201b6c4cd02237d41401 - looks like it's 'selectively carried' by XFinity and the only way I figured that out was ION's own channel listings.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@teward001​ This was the quickest way to find the answer. Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, even in Houston, we don't get it either via cable.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Can you just tell us what channel it would be on in case we do get it?

Problem Solver

• 

766 Messages

@user_b6be9c​ did you ever get an answer? If you post your ZIP code (just your ZIP code - not the rest of your address) here, we can look up what the listings are where you live and see if Ion Mystery is there.

If you have a box where you can search the guide with your remote, try entering the name of an Ion Mystery program. For example, 7226 should bring up "Scandal" as a choice, and 7943 should bring up "Swift Justice with Nancy Grace." Click on one of those to see what channel number it is on. Note that the station name may appear as a four-letter station ID followed by "DT" and a number.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Following your advice, I keyed 7226 on my remote and Scandal did pop up. Apparently it airs on BOUNCE TV, which is channel 262, on Xfinity, in 08015. Still unable to locate ION Mystery.

Problem Solver

• 

766 Messages

You're in New Jersey, correct? Unfortunately, Ion Mystery isn't carried by any stations in NJ, so it looks like you're out of luck.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I just went through every channel, and finally found ION Mystery! I'm in Colorado, but it is on channel 377. It still says KXRM in the description when you click on it in the guide, but says ION Mystery in the left column. I already have been watching it for certain shows, but it had to have changed the name really recently. Hope this helps someone else! 

Problem Solver

• 

766 Messages

@user_b0fa5e​ Does it say just KXRM, or something like KXRM-DT4?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I know this won’t help most. I have Xfinity and live in the Detroit Michigan area. I found ION Mystery on Channel 1181  WMYD3. Good luck!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Used my voice command and said Court TV Mystery and it came up -channel 1181 🤣.  Tried Ion Mystery first and only regular Ion came up.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Where can I find it in Portland, Oregon?

Problem Solver

• 

766 Messages

@user_df7cdd​ Try channel 316 - that's where the Ion Mystery website says it should be

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_df7cdd. Did you find the channel?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I can’t locate ION Mystery TV in Atlanta

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hi, @user_34a84e

Do you have a voice remote? If so, just say "ION Mystery TV" into it and it will pop the channel up. 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@user_34a84e​ I'm the original poster. I'm in Atlanta and still can't find it. I tried talking to remote, no luck. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello everyone. We are happy to take a look deeper in your account. Please feel free to send us your full name and complete address in a private message. Here are the steps to send us a message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3wdxUXp for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here