ww8944's profile

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

Wednesday, March 10th, 2021 8:00 PM

Closed

in what package is TCM channel included?

I can't find it anywhere on the xfinity website. all i want ot do is get the TCM channel. I seem to recall it was moved into some kind of "package" with other channels and i can't find out which one it is in and what the other channels are. why do make it so difficult? I have tried "chat' and all I get is automated answers that do everything EXCEPT answer the question!

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

3 years ago

Looks like it's in the Sports & Entertainment package.

Google "Xfinity TCM"

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you. after about a half hour of calls and chats with xfinty i finaaly found this out. but no wat to "click on" a link to see the various channels included. they make it as hard as they can to find that out.

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

3 years ago

If you're still looking for what channels are included in the package, I found this page after a little searching:

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/more-sports-entertainment-package%E2%80%AF 

Near the bottom, under where it says "There's something for everyone",  there's a link titled

"View channel information".  Click on it and a pop-up window opens with logos for all the included channels, along with an obligatory disclaimer from the legal department. I would have included it in this post but I don't how to do it, or if it's even possible.

Hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you. I still don't understand why include TCM with a bunch of sports channels, but I bet a lot of  people have been puzzling over this since it first happened. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

They do that to __ the older ones who are just trying to watch Turner Classic Movies. They did that to my mom, who does not watch any sports. But she has been paying $25 extra per month for sports package just to watch TCM. (Edited due to language.)

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey @user_9835ab, thank you for reaching out to us on our forums. That is definitely not the intent when moving programs to specialized packages. Xfinity constantly negotiates with the networks to find the best deals possible for our customers. When certain networks are more expensive or do not meet the criteria to be in the main packages, that is when they are switched. The Sports Entertainment Package is only $9.95 so there may be something else going on if it is $25 higher. I can certainly take a look for options to help her. Can you send us a private message so I can better assist? You can send one by clicking the "message" icon in the upper right corner of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle Xfinity Support to send us a private message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Hey ComcastNicolas Official Employee,

Why is $9.95 for TCM buried in a sports package any good, except in relation to someone misquoting it as being $25/months?

TCM should be included as part of a much more common and broad package, not shunted off to the side. It is cherished by many older viewers and is now trying to gain more market penetration with the younger ones:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-06-22/tcm-fights-to-keep-classic-film-alive-on-tv-in-a-streaming-world

Fix it before we leave you, since TCM is ultimately going to solve this without needing you (and we won't need you either).

Visitor

• 

1 Message

For what it is worth, the lack of TCM (or cost of it, depending on how you look at it) is the only thing that is stopping us switching from Hulu Live to your TV package.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

we only wanted to add the TCM channel and had to take Sports and entertainment package. I never have found out what other channels are included in my $9.95 a month charge. We already get Sox and Cub games plus some football games so what am I paying for besides TCM?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I call and call XFINITY and no one there can figure out why I can't get TCM (again), Recently TCM ch395 and is now showing as NOT AUTHORIZED ! Until last week I could RECORD STREAM TCM ch395 but now they have yanked that away too ! Of course this is all due to back room at HBOMAX which is a fee based movie channel, I'm fine with that but HBOMax does not include TCM, I have the Sports and Entertainment package and still no TCM. I found out today that TCM might be bundled in the NFL Redzone Package which for some reason XFINITY refuses to let me upgrade to, what am I doing wrong ? 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums Channel. I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your service. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon! 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

We recently switched to the 200+ Xfinity plan. The chart on the Xfinity website clearly shows that TCM is included in this plan, but when we try to access TCM the on-screen message states that this station requires an additional subscription. It seems like the website is giving us the wrong information, and we were misled. Very disappointing.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_b88018, thank you for reaching out to us for help with your channel lineup. In October of 2019, we removed TCM from our normal lineup. As over 90% of our customers watched less than two movies per month. Given this, we decided to move TCM to the Sports Entertainment Package, which will help us manage programming costs that are passed on to our customers.

If you like, we will be happy to go over your plan and find one that is the best fit for you! To get started, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I don’t want to send you a message so you can review what I’m getting from Xfinity. I don’t need a sports package.I just want access to the TCM channel.

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

@XfinityRyanE     Why has this channel never been available on a al-carte basis as some support people claimed it would eventually be moved over to? I dont even want the current sport channels that available in the current 200+ package

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

No channels have ever been available "al la cart" since cable channels came in to being.   It's never going to happen.

No way for any company to make a profit and stay in business doing that.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here