DF

2 Messages

Sunday, December 31st, 2023 6:03 PM

Closed

H&I Missing from 116 and 1012 in the Seattle Area

What happened to H&I?  I was watching it last night and this morning both channels are broadcasting a Spanish station.  Did it move, or was it removed?  This is one of my primary stations.

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

9 months ago

@david.f.w 

Thank you for posting your questions about the Heros & Icons channel here in our Xfinity Forum. When doing some searching on https://www.handitv.com/wheretowatch/zip/ and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_%26_Icons it looks like the Heros & Icons channel can be found in Seattle, WA via the KFFV/MeTV local programming channel. You can find where to watch that MeTV channel via your Xfinity channel lineup found here; https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup or use your Xfinity voice remote and say "MeTV" or "KFFV" to access that channel directly.

If that does not work for you, you can find similar programming on the Pluto app on our X1 platform. Pluto TV is a free ad-supported, over-the-top (OTT) video service that provides content from digital streaming networks in a “live channel” experience. To access Pluto app content, simply say "Pluto TV" or the name of the program you would like to watch into your Xfinity Voice Remote. If you would like additional information about Pluto on Xfinity X1, please see here; https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/pluto-tv-app-x1-overview

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

(edited)

11 Messages

MeTV has always been here. It is NOT the same as the H&I channel. Good grief! For instance, on MeTV right now is Leave it to Beaver, then Perry Mason, then Matlock, then In the Heat of the Night, etc etc) (DEFINITELY NOT part of the H&I lineup). MeTV has been on channel 117 here for a very long time. H&I used to be on channel 116 (the next channel below).  Are you trying to say that H&I merged into the existing MeTV? If yes, you are mistaken. None of the programs from H&I are on MeTV! Please check your facts before giving people misinformation. We are already getting an overabundance of that.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@user_jet3hu​ This is the level of customer service we've come to expect from Comcast.  Good grief is right. Losing H&I really bugs me given the constant rate hikes and the fact that it's one of my favorite channels. Just unbelievable.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

For what's its worth.  I just called H&I itself.  Very nice lady said, "hopefully" Comcast will bring it back.  They are waiting for response from Comcast.  Should resolve in a couple of days.  I hope so!!

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@paradyne64​ Well, that's encouraging, hopefully what she said about waiting to hear back from Comcast is accurate. That would mean that H&I did indeed reach out to Comcast. I imagine they're getting a lot of complaints about this. I'm not holding my breath, but you never know.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_jet3hu Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team regarding H&I. I know it can be disappointing when there are changes with networks, channels, and content broadcasted. There can be changes to broadcasting content from time to time depending on the broadcast station, and what it chooses to air. It also appears there was some confusion on lineup was included in what package. I would be happy to take a look into your channel lineup and provide you some options that may help during the transition. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and service address? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

9 months ago

Comcast does not deal directly with broadcast networks. They can only deal with local TV stations that carry that network. I'm not sure what, if any, agreement Comcast has with whatever station is now carrying H&I. A station can request carriage under "must carry" rules, but cannot be paid for that carriage, and Comcast is only required to carry one channel if it's digital with multiple subschannels. Otherwise, the station can come to a carriage agreement, which usually involves Comcast paying the station for the right to carry their signal. Given the rapid cord cutting and loss of TV viewers, I don't think Comcast wants to do anything that would require raising fees and prices.

8 Messages

I'm trying to figure out how this is an "accepted solution". It's not. Just bring back H&I, that is the accepted solution. We pay enough in fees and they're about to go up so I don't think Comcast wants to do anything that would loose more subscribers. Figure if there's a bunch of here being vocal, how many people aren't on social media and forums that are thinking about leaving Comcast. I've been thinking about leaving and going somewhere else and have started researching what else is out there. Comcast's customer service replying to these messages have been atrocious an insulting our intelligence. 

11 Messages

So Andyross: I am confused about your last sentence in the statement above that says "Given the rapid cord cutting and loss of TV viewers, I don't think Comcast wants to do anything that would require raising fees and prices".  YOU ALREADY RAISED THE PRICE & FEES! I just got a news that my bill is going up $18.10/month (PLUS I am losing a $13 monthly service adjustment credit I was getting). Included in my $18.10 monthly increase is an additional $10 for the package I have (Popular Triple Play) that keeps losing programs we watch. Plus there is an increase of $5.00 for TV Box + Remote, Plus over $3.00 increase in Service fees for Broadcast TV Fee ($2.95) & Regional Sports Fee $0.15).  So, it appears you are already raising fees & prices!  Also would like to know why your post is labeled an "Accepted Solution". Accepted by whom?

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

@Andyross​ Actually, I think deleting popular programming is MORE likely going to lead to you losing customers.

2 Messages

9 months ago

Yes, I just tuned in this morning (Dec. 31) and H&I is broadcasting the Univision channel. I tuned into the Univision channel, and it is (correctly) broadcasting Univision. I am also in the Seattle area. Not sure what is going on.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

9 months ago

This is one of my favorite channels to watch and just like that, without warning, it's gone. It's also still showing on the Xfinity website as part of my package, no info regarding a change. Tonight was supposed to be the beginning of "The Twilight Zone" marathon, which I always look forward to. I saw something somewhere on the H&I website indicating that local channels may have changed frequencies as of today. Xfinity had better get this sorted out because I'm sick of them always shuffling and/or eliminating various channels. The cost I pay each month for this service is outrageous.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Maybe like INSP!! My bill is constantly going up and favorite channels gone!!!

2 Messages

Agreed.  If their goal is to push me to full streaming, they are well on their way.

11 Messages

So, I got lied to by Xfinity yesterday. They first said H&I moved from channel 116 to 274. When I tuned to 274 it was AHC (American Heroes Channel) & it said it required a subscription & you need to upgrade to watch it. I told the guy I was chatting with & he then said it was some issue with the broadcaster & it would be fixed in 24-48 hours. Today I called Xfinity & spoke with 2 different people. Finally got the truth...it was moved to the Ultimate package which is also where INSP went. I told them [Edited: "Language"/"Inflammatory"] because they keep moving the channels we like to watch & expecting us to pay more to watch them WHICH IS JUST WRONG!  We are the customers who pay their bill on time, don't trash our equipment, etc. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. On top of all of this, I got a notice that my bill is going up $18.10/month (which includes a $10 increase for the Popular Triple Play package I have that they keep taking things away from). I also am losing a $13 service adjustment credit that I have been getting for the past 2 years on my current contract so that makes my bill increase over $31 a month and I am getting less & less. [Edited: "Solicitation"/"Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

Hello @cactus1814. We always encourage our customers to look at this link https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers for available offers and promotions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

9 months ago

KVOS may have dropped H&I from their programming. My guess is that we may have seen the last of it in the Seattle area, with no warning.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

The H&I website says that they are on KVOS 12.8 and KFFV 44.3 for over the air in the Seattle area and some of the cable, satellite and streaming services like SLING but not on Comcast.  I think Comcast dropped their use of the KVOS subchannel.  I have moving antenna but no way can I get Bellingham (KVOS) but I found I can get the KFFV channels.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Yes, I can still watch H&I over my cheapo digital antenna here in the Auburn area.

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

@grmells​ YES, I gan get KFFV. but it has a VERY limited selection of what was available on KVOS.

2 Messages

9 months ago

On the H&I channel page (https://www.handitv.com/), there is a message about some changes to where in WA you can watch H&I. If you click on the "Where to Watch" link, it gives places where you can watch H&I. Apparently, comcast/xfinity is not on that list. Why no notice from comcast/xfinity about this??

1 Message

Why no warning about loss of H&I channel? Obviously it’s due to the wonderful customer service provided by Xfinity cable inc. They truly [EDIT: Removed Inflammatory remark]. Happy New Year.

(edited)

1 Message

@user_8um8a2​ 

I was just in the Xfinity store yesterday and asked them about the problem. They all played dumb, even after I showed them on their TV. All I got was: "I don't know." Xfinity doesn't care about their customers, just their money. They know that even if you stop getting TV through them, they know you will still pay for Internet through them. They have monopolized the market.  So much 'junk' channels for $180 and now they remove one of the only. Channels I watch. Love it.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_kc08um Our apologies that you didn't receive the prior notice about the channel changes. As a friendly reminder channel changes are typically noted on your Xfinity bills. Our Xfinity Stream app or website (https://www.xfinity.com/stream/) should allow you to view this channel over the internet. Are you able to check for us? Please log in with your Xfinity username and password to access. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Welcome to our Community Forum, @user_3mfpg2! I know I'd be upset if one of my favorite channels was moved, so I want to help. You can view our official response here.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityKei​ I went to the url listed above where another employee said we could stream the shows airing on H&I and that turned out to be correct only if you want to pay for that privilege. (https://www.xfinity.com/stream/). Why I am paying for this service that keeps taking channels away and not giving me anything? My kids are encouraging me to cut Comcast out of my bills.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

9 months ago

As noted, broadcast networks tend to move around as agreements change. In the case of cable/satellite, it can sometimes take a bit for it to reflect in the lineup. That said, if Comcast already carried the new subchannel that used to be another network, it may be there, but the guide data and channel name will not be correct yet. Wikipedia says it is (was?) on KFFV 44.3. The H&I website says KFBI 48.1, based in Medord, which also carries My Network TV. Try searching for that on your Comcast lineup.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

9 months ago

Yesterday H&I was still showing on the channel lineup for all the plans, now it's not. I'm afraid it's gone forever. $300 a month with the upcoming price hike. What a joke.

5 Messages

9 months ago

Live exfinity agent told me they were unaware of any changes on channel 116 (H&I)

Maybe just wait until the "experts" sort this out (lol)

116 is now univision in the Seattle area.

Anybody out there have any additional info?

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

9 months ago

I too called customer service yesterday, 12/31/23, as the guide was showing that H&I was there on channel 72, 116, and 1012, but each time I would try and access the channel I would get Univision airing on the channel.  I would receive the same thing on the xfinity stream app as well.  Customer service just kept trying to reboot my service to fix the issue.  When I told customer service about the notice on the H&I website about changes for WA viewers, they were clueless.  In reading the notice on the H&I website, it shows that the broadcast will be aired locally on several local broadcast channels, as well as Dish, and Direct Tv.  No mention of Comcast or Xfinity.  Which would leave one to guess, this is a xfinity decision.  Nonetheless, if this was the case, why would they have not fixed the guide or stream app information to reflect this change, as opposed to causing frustration and misinformation...or at least have informed their customer service agents with the latest channel lineup so they would have been able to give out the correct information, as opposed to just continuing to try and fix an issue out which was completely of their control.  Clearly a ball dropped at an upper level, and a failure of communication to say the least. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

By Monday evening they seemed to have the new channel guide online.  But the lack of notice of the channel changes is just POOR customer service.  But then again, it is COMCAST!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

I don't think we can blame this on Xfinity. Channel 116 is kvos, who until yesterday carried h&I programming, but as far as I can tell they decided to start showing Univision instead. Xfinity didn't decide to stop showing h&I, kvos did. 

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@badsaj​ It looks like that's what happened, but, if that's the case, they need to add one of the other channels that carries H&I to their lineup. I have very little confidence they'll do that. Not having that channel leaves a big hole, IMO. No more Star Trek, among many other classic shows.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

I can still watch H&I over my cheapo digital antenna in the Auburn area.

1 Message

9 months ago

Well that's it, cancelling my Xfinity - while I don't sit and actually WATCH, I have it on for background noise and my saturday McGyver was shop time (TV there).

Blows my entire routine away, no more star trek at night - no reason for me to have Xfinity anymore.

20 years and just GONE. (Like me soon).

1 Message

@user_72dl0h​ No kidding, no more Star Trek at night, no more a lot of stuff that we watch regularly. [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Agreed, it was the only reason I had cable. I talked to them about better pricing last week, and they suggested the 10 channel cheaper package, which was exactly the same price as the current 125 channel. Like people are going to choose less channels for the same money.  And how is it possible to have Internet for $51, cable for $51 and fees of $80? These services are completely passive income, and require nothing, except the flip of a switch,  to provide. 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_72dl0h We'd hate to see you go over this! We know how important it is to have access to the channels you enjoy for the content you love. I spend a lot of my time watching things in the background instead of directly to help pass my day, so I can understand your frustration with this! When reviewing the Heros & Icons site, they state on the home page: 

Washington Viewers: H&I is moving to a new channel on Dec 31, 2023.  Heroes & Icons is available over the air on KVOS Ch. 12.8 and KFFV Ch. 44.3, DirecTV 385 and multiple streaming partners. Visit our Where to Watch page for the full list.

Since this is a change on their end, this is not something we have control over, and would hate to loose you for that. The good news, is there are still alternative viewing options for content on this channel, which is you can learn more about by review our Offical Solution to this post.

3 Messages

Can Xfinity replace the KVOS Univision Channel (Channel 116) with the KVOS 12.8 or KFFV 44.3 H&I Channel in the Seattle Area or just add it as a new Xfinity channel?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_fa2pqi Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. We're always working to bring you the best and widest variety of programming possible, which is why we regularly review networks based on our customers’ interests. You can use your Xfinity Voice Remote to easily find your favorite channels or view your local channel lineup at xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup. To learn more, see voice command tips for the Xfinity Voice Remote. You can also look at your channel lineup using the Xfinity app on your mobile device. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

9 months ago

As noted: COMCAST HAS NO CONTROL OVER THIS! It was a decision by KVOS to change affiliation. Comcast just passes on what is broadcast. It's likely KVOS never informed Comcast of the change. For those who watched it, was there ever an onscreen notification by KVOS of the change? If not, then direct your anger at KVOS for giving no warning to anyone.

The H&I website lists both KVOS and KFFV, but Wikipedia says what KFFV carries is a simulcast, so that may also now be Univision. If so, then it's likely H&I is not available for broadcast in the Seattle area. Being a cable company, Comcast is probably restricted from carrying a broadcast network on their own.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@Andyross​ I never saw any notification or notice and I watch the network quite a bit. Watched. It's gone now.

8 Messages

@Andyross​ what doesn’t make sense though is the channel is still available in Seattle on direct tv, dish, over the air, and through streaming. This makes me think it’s a xfinity decision to not carry it, unless they are still working on an agreement and it will announced soon. 

11 Messages

@Andyross​ Don't defend Comast! They lied to you. They moved H&I to the Ultimate package.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

9 months ago

That is not the only change, at least here in Snohomish.  The CW has been placed on 112 after only being on 328 in the evening after it was moved from 111.  I just looked up the Comcast channel listing on their site and as of the evening of 1 January it is not up to date.  I think the H & I programing might be on one of the local broadcast stations subchannels but my quick search didn't show it.

4 Messages

9 months ago

Seattle’s Univision flips to Bellingham’s KVOS

KUNS announced on December 27, 2023 that KVOS Bellingham will pick up the Univision affiliation. The station is owned by Weigel Broadcasting and is currently carrying Heroes & Icons (H&I) on its primary channel. It is expected H&I will move over to another subchannel on KVOS. KVOS is a rimshot signal into Seattle and has city-grade coverage to Vancouver, BC and Victoria, BC. KVOS previously targeted a primarily Canadian audience.

This was reported by NW Broadcasters and I went on their site, NWBroadcasters.com and emailed them complaining about the issue with the channel. Admin wrote me right back stating they only report the information and didn’t have anything to to with what occurred but suggested writing H&I directly: 

https://heroesandiconstv.com/contact/

If as many people can write them as possible maybe it would help show the desire to continue to watch their channel 

1 Message

@user_fioszt​ Just sent a message to them. Hopefully enough people will do the same. Sadly I'd say a vast chunk of people won't know, figure out, or be told who they do need to complain to. I stumbled across this forum digging around Google, I wasn't keen on talking to the largely useless customer service for Comcast unless I had no other option.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Over the years Comcast keep taking the best channels away and then raising my bill.  No more Spike TV (which is now PAR). No more CMT, No more TOONS, and now now more H&I.  Comcast never replace the channels they takeaway with something comparable.  I am not very tech savvy, that is why I have stuck with them this long.  I need to get more tech savvy.  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I searched" Is H&I on any streaming service" and found this link.

What happened to my H&I channel?
Many U.S. television stations are moving to new frequencies over the next year. If you watch television using an over-the-air antenna, you may need to make adjustments to your television set to receive H&I. Cable and satellite viewers of H&I are not impacted.

1 Message

Yeah I would also like to know if I’m ever going to get to watch this channel again. I called in when it was the Spanish channel and the person I talked knew nothing about it 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here