ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

What Xfinity package has Fox Sports 2?
I have Digital Starter 140+ channels which includes FS1. "Your Channel lineup " says I have 221HD channels, When I try to find FS2, Channel finder states "you do not access to this channel, you need Digital Preferred, Digital Preferred Plus or Digital Premium", how do I get one of these?

Contributor

• 

390 Messages

7 years ago

@deantorkelson wrote:

What is channel # of FS1 in Seattle?

Check your GUIDE, or if you have X1, type in "FS1."

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@deantorkelson wrote:

Fox Sports 1 is available in your area on ch. 33 and in HD on ch. 1208

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Why doesn't Comcast/Xfinity carry Fox Sports 2?????. I was with Dish for 14 years. Switched to you guys and love the True HD(dish did not have) though they say they do. Internet and phone awesome. I DON'T get it. Stop telling us ( you are working on it) cause your not apparently. Just tell me why

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Don’t look for it anytime soon. Internet is great. Drop cable and go for a streaming service. Much cheaper. And YouTube TV and Hulu both carry local channels. I’m very happy with YouTube TV. It was good enough to switch me over from Hulu. And Comcast only offered me FS2 in SD. Now I get them all in HD with YouTube TV. And unlimited DVR. Cable is dying. Fast. And for good reason.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

7 years ago

That is the way to go! Watch Comcast will come out with a comparison service to keep its subscribers, its a matter of time

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Actually Comcast is already working on a streaming only service. Though I highly doubt that it will include channels from it's higher priced cable tiers. Don’t have that issue with YouTube TV. And I’m not restricted to watching ANY channels only on my home network.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5K Messages

7 years ago

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Alas! I just read on my monthly bill (of course, after the sticker shock wore off) that FS2 will be available in my area, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota, beginning on December 19, 2017; channels 740 and 1209 (I assume one of which will be HD, but you never know with these clowns). Merry Christmas, I guess. It's only been four years, roughly forty-eight monthly bills. However, I'm not convinced that FS2 is actually Fox Sports 2. It could just be another ploy. 

US fails to qualify for the World Cup. Fox paid all that money to gain the broadcast rights, and the US does not qualify. Good luck with those 0.8 million viewers, about 1/30 of what the ratings were in 2014 (although I'll likely be one of them; go Argentina!).

In a way, that is poetic justice.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@oldspinny wrote:

Alas! I just read on my monthly bill (of course, after the sticker shock wore off) that FS2 will be available in my area, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota, beginning on December 19, 2017; channels 740 and 1209 (I assume one of which will be HD, but you never know with these clowns). Merry Christmas, I guess. It's only been four years, roughly forty-eight monthly bills. However, I'm not convinced that FS2 is actually Fox Sports 2. It could just be another ploy. 

US fails to qualify for the World Cup. Fox paid all that money to gain the broadcast rights, and the US does not qualify. Good luck with those 0.8 million viewers, about 1/30 of what the ratings were in 2014 (although I'll likely be one of them; go Argentina!).

In a way, that is poetic justice.

Yes, Fox Sports 2 is scheduled to be added in many areas this year including Minnesota on December 19th.

I'll add some additional locations and targeted dates to this thread next.

Thanks for your patience. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@123Ricket wrote:
Why doesn't Comcast/Xfinity carry Fox Sports 2?????. I was with Dish for 14 years. Switched to you guys and love the True HD(dish did not have) though they say they do. Internet and phone awesome. I DON'T get it. Stop telling us ( you are working on it) cause your not apparently. Just tell me why

Fox Sports 2 is coming to the channel lineup in your area on 12/19. Thanks for your patience.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@W5NL wrote:

It may be me, but watching FS2 legally shouldn't be this difficult. 

Just sayin'

It will be a lot less difficult starting mid-December. Fox Sports 2 is coming to the channel lineup in your area on 12/19. Thanks for your patience.

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

7 years ago

Teds, will FS2 be available in south New Jersey area in December. Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

What about the D.C. and Maryland area??

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here