ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

"Solved" means case closed (to put it bluntly)

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

7 years ago

Uh no this is not a resolved issue ComcastTeds.
Until the full compliance and offerings to all the major markets that had speed channel has been completed is only when you can claim this issue on the thread resolved.
It's extremely sad and unfortunate for the customers to denied access to FS2 across all the major markets while your company continues expansion into wireless services that have no bearing on what actual people want.
So did you complete the buyout of a wireless cell carrier yet? I'm sure it happens before I see FS2

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

Apologies all, not sure how or who marked the earlier post as the solution. I removed that designation from the post. 

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

7 years ago

I still miss not having FS2 but that horse has been beaten ad naseum without any sign of a resolution.  An additional frustration with sports on TV in general - tried to watch the Indy500 last Sunday,  I don't normally watch them go around in circles (OK, ovals) but I wanted to see how F1 driver Alonso would do.  Unfortunately, NBC (might have been ABC) Sports stopped airing the  race at 180 of 200 laps!!  Talk about FRUSTRATING!   On top of that, I tried to DVR the America's Cup race and got a black screen the whole 3 hours!  Aaarrgggg!  And soon, my most favorite of all sporting events, the 24 Hr of LeMans, will run in a week or 2  - but as usual I expect Comcast/NBCsp/ FS1/ or who ever is pulling the strings to put 1/2 of the race on a channel I have access to and the other half on one I don't!!  Again, AAArrrrgggg! (I know, I said the FS1/FS2 thing had been covered but this is a particularily sensitive subject with me)

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

@l_turn9 wrote:

I still miss not having FS2 but that horse has been beaten ad naseum without any sign of a resolution.  An additional frustration with sports on TV in general - tried to watch the Indy500 last Sunday,  I don't normally watch them go around in circles (OK, ovals) but I wanted to see how F1 driver Alonso would do.  Unfortunately, NBC (might have been ABC) Sports stopped airing the  race at 180 of 200 laps!!  Talk about FRUSTRATING!   On top of that, I tried to DVR the America's Cup race and got a black screen the whole 3 hours!  Aaarrgggg!  And soon, my most favorite of all sporting events, the 24 Hr of LeMans, will run in a week or 2  - but as usual I expect Comcast/NBCsp/ FS1/ or who ever is pulling the strings to put 1/2 of the race on a channel I have access to and the other half on one I don't!!  Again, AAArrrrgggg! (I know, I said the FS1/FS2 thing had been covered but this is a particularily sensitive subject with me)

RE Le Mans.  If you go to the WEC website, you can purchase a Le Mans only package, not sure how much, but reasonable.  I purchase the whole WEC season including Le Mans for 30EU.  I can live stream the whole races without any commercial interruptions, and commentary is by John Hindaugh and Alan McNish, of Radio LeMans.  Louis Becket is the pit lane reporter.  For LeMans, they bring in more comentators, including Grahm Goodwinn.  It's a much better way to watch the race, start to finish.  If you have a smart TV, you can airplay it onto the TV, so you don't have to watch your laptop the whole race.  Last Saturday, I also watched the 24 hours of the Nurburgring.  Turned out to be an exciting race.

That being said, if you get hooked on streaming races, it's going to cut into your data allowance (1024Gb)  For an extra $50.00 you can switch to unlimited data, so not a problem.  I called comcast and told them my cable bill (Triple Play) is already obscene, and the agent worked the numbers and got me into a different package than I had, which gives me all the premium movie channels, unlimited data, and no rental fee for the DVR, and I ended up paying less than I was before.  It's worth a try.  I don't miss FS2 at all now.  All the racing I want to see is either on YouTube, or through streaming packages like the one I mentioned with the WEC.  I have another one with Virgin Australia Supercars.  Get to see all the races, including Bathurst 1000, complete w/o commercial interruption.

I too missed the last twenty laps of the Indy 500 because I had recorded it.  It's available now on YouTube.   Good luck.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Comcast needs to carry FS2!!!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Though I'm in a market that has FS2, it's in SD. I'm back to 200 down internet only and Hulu with Live TV. Saving over $100 a month. Works beautifully on Apple TV 4.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I can't wait much longer for comcast to get FS2. DirectTV does have FS2 and I may be forced to move if this channel if not in the lineup soon.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Who needs to get us options for FS2 Fox?

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

7 years ago

Call Donald Trump maybe he could negotiate between Fox and Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Still baffles me that Xfinity sponsors a Nascar series yet doesn't provide a channel that their practices and qualifying often air on.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

how can we Get FS 2,  direct tv?

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

7 years ago

@fishman232323 wrote:

Still baffles me that Xfinity sponsors a Nascar series yet doesn't provide a channel that their practices and qualifying often air on.

And this week, both Xfinity AND Cup qualifying from Michigan are on FS2. 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

7 years ago

At this point, Comcast/Xfinity are at a virtual standstill. Fox Sports wants too much per customer and Comcast/Xfinity refuses to raise the price to cover the cost.
I have to ask what is the business model that says, "Leave them wanting more". This is a traviste.
Obviously, they have been deadlocked for many years. Don't both sides realize the cord cutters are moving in and they don't care.
Well, Fox and Comcast/Xfinity will be deadlocked for centuries at this rate. Unbelievable that these two titans of television can not come to terms.
Oh well, as long as we keep paying our cable fees, there is no incentive to do anything about it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Don't parbfor cable. I stopped. Hulu Live really is a great deal. There are several other options. And they all carry the sports networks in HD.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here