ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

7 years ago

I'm in Fremont, California. East Bay Area. 20 minutes from Silicon Valley- Technology Capitol of the U.S. go figure that out. Xfinity has strong armed the competition in my area. Only other possibility is the satellite companies as Uverse is very unreliable as per my neighbors

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

I do not have FS2 in HD. Comcast bought out the market here 12-14 years ago. It's in SD, but I just use the Fox Sports app on Apple TV when I need to watch FS2. In fact, I use the app for FS1 on Apple TV too a lot as it overs multi live race cams.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

Like it has previously been stated.  If you DO have FS2, it's NOT because Xfinity/Comcast is giving it to some areas of the country and not others.  It's becasuse of legacy contracts.  That is when Xfinity/Comcast had previously bought out a cable provider and that cable provider ALREADY had a contract to carry FS2.  So in other words, if you are an Xfinity/Comcast customer and you have FS2, consider yourself both lucky AND in the extreme minority.

I have so many things tied to Xfinity/Comcast (internet, etc.) and there is only one other provider in my area any way.  So switching isn't really an option for me.  But several people have described ways they are watching FS2 through other means.  I keep reading where people are getting FS2 on their TV through this way or that way, even though Xfinity/Comcast isn't providing it.  Can we do some REAL good here and create a post that shares with everyone ALL the different possible ways of watching FS2?  The one downside that I haven't heard a workaround for is DVR.  I usually DVR Nascar practice/qualifying to watch when I want.  I don't know if there is a way to do that without actually getting the channel on your lineup.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

No way to DVR that I know of. Like I said, I usually use my Xfinity Login to watch both on the Apple TV as the viewing options are much better.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

This weekend, here's what is on Fox Sports 2:

Saturday, March 18

Noon, Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS2
1 p.m., NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS2
2 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Weekend Edition, FS2
2:30 p.m., Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS2

Sunday, March 19

1:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay, FS2

People who had FuelTV got FoxSports 2 when it was launched in Aug 2013 ...

The pathetic thing about Comcast being schmucks is that there IS a slot in the 1000-1999 channels right after FoxSports 1 where they COULD put FoxSports 2 ... So, they cannot say "there's no room in the lineup" ... 

Whoever runs their Xfinity Racing twitter account needs to drop the attitude ... and stop acting as an nascar/comcast apologist ...

And to think ... News Corp had wanted to be the official Olympics TV partner (yet the vast majority of comcast customers don't have FS2 and would lose out on a buttload of Olympics coverage) ... 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have e-mailed xfinity said look into but ends there seem they not listening I wonder if you go direct tv would you get it we like NASCAR 

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

7 years ago

@Jokruse wrote:

I have e-mailed xfinity said look into but ends there seem they not listening I wonder if you go direct tv would you get it we like NASCAR 

My understanding is that Direct TV, at least in some areas, has FS2. You might want to check it in your area before you jump.

Statements from Comcast execs have been (re: FS2 and other channels) that if customers want a channel that Comcast declines to carry, they (the customers) are welcome to sign up with another service that carries the channel. Isn't that nice? You have their permission to take YOUR money and spend it elsewhere.

Comcast cares. 

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

7 years ago

The pathetic thing about Comcast being schmucks is that there IS a slot in the 1000-1999 channels right after FoxSports 1 where they COULD put FoxSports 2 ... So, they cannot say "there's no room in the lineup" ... 

Especially when you look at how many channels show up in more than one slot. And I'm not talking about SD/HD, either. I mean two or more identical channels in more than one space.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

same here i'm out once my contract is done.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@mrshvd3 wrote:

Especially when you look at how many channels show up in more than one slot. And I'm not talking about SD/HD, either. I mean two or more identical channels in more than one space.

To clarify the above, duplicate "mirrored" channels (like having HGTV HD or SD on two separate channels in the channel lineup) does not take up additional bandwidth.

The multiple channel locations are simply presented as an optional channel entry points for our customers. They take up no additional bandwidth.

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Teds do you have any news if Bein sports HD is coming this year and FS2? I really can't believe we don't have it yet. Thank You.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry but your dreaming, it's been 4 years plus and still no FS2.
Won't happen and they don't care.
Check page 1 when this thread started.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

I think the closest to an answer on this topic, as it stands today [April 8, 2017], may be having to do with contracts and timing.

Perhaps for Fox Sports 2 (SD and/or HD) to get added by Comcast, it would be done on a national level. And that it hasn't been on Comcast systems (including my area, the market of Detroit, MIchigan) due to timing. Whenever the last contract was for Speedvision which became Speed Channel which became, as it is now, Fox Sports 1...what apparently was not included with Fuel TV which is now knows as Fox Sports 2.

If this is accurate, it is unfortunate for Comcast subscribers who really want carriage of Fox Sports 2. And cable-television providers have policy of not saying what may be coming, or if a negotiation is going, because some deals don't get reached...and that could be a negative to be sharing such information.

My feeling is that Comcast will get Fox Sports 2 with other related programming whenever the current contract (whatever the specific details) come up for renewal. I don't think Fox Sports 2 is not currently available because Comcast doesn't want to add Fox Sports 2. I think it has to do with the period when it was still Fuel TV.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

The details of the contract, last renewed for programming (like those under the Fox Sports umbrella), may have five years ago. (Comcast was indeed already carrying Speedvision/Speed Channel/Fox Sports 1.) They may have been seven years ago. I cannot know for fact how long ago that was. Customers are not going to know. You'd pretty much have to be an insider to know.

According to Wikipedia.org, Fuel TV became Fox Sports 2 on August 17, 2013. That was a little less than four full years ago. So, it is possible the last time such related programming was renewed, it did not include then-Fuel TV and, with its rebranding of a current Fox Sports 2, it may very well be in connection to my theory that this long wait it is due to contract/timing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Sports_2

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

7 years ago

I'll gladly give up most of the other channels for FS2. So add me in.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here