ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks TED, so FOX and Comcast continue the no bargaining / no budget contract for three years. Indeed, I have been on contract negotiations many years ago. Let me say that if neither side moves, nothing happens. I did my best, we did finally get a contract but both sides had to give and take.
I wouldn't want your job, TED. The people above you look down their nose at you and we the customers look up our noses for answers. Nobody is happy with this arrangement. I remember you telling us about the number of eyeballs a channel gets.

In reference to that, how many channels could Comcast offer us? Is bandwidth a major drawback? If cost were no object, could we get as many channels as we want? What ever happened to the idea of ala cart channels? Sincerely JTM

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

This is just garbage ComcastTeds. While there seems to be no agreement in sight to broadcast FS2 for areas that SHOULD have it, your company's profits continue to snap up other businesses.
Dreamworks is the latest for 3.8 Billion!!!!
Yeah thanks for taking care of its customers. Like I said garbage putting it mildly. I am a very dissatisfied customer of your product and will leave as soon as another provider can over me the Internet speed needed for my household. Google fiber you feel me!!!???
San Francisco Bay Area / East Bay Area

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

8 years ago

The announcement from Comcast of "Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 Coming to your Cable Lineup" rates right up there with:

"If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan"

and

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"

Remember all the programs that used to be on SPEED that went to Fox Sports 2?  Stacy David's "Gearz" comes to mind along with various sporting events and yet we lost all of that.  Here we sit 3 years later no closer to FS2.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

We are Pacific NW, so apparently that is what happened to us.  We also had speed and fuel.  And yes, we need Internet.  So, you understand totally.  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I'm getting very frustrated watching somthing on "Fox Sports1", then it finishes on "FOX Sports2", and I don't get to see the finish.

When my contract is up, unless  "Fox 2" is added to programming, I will switch carriers!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

yes, I just posted similar remark!

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

Just received mailer stating that on 6-7-16, comcast will be adding Fox Sports 2 in Lewistown pa

Hopefully others areas will be added as well

Channel lineup.png

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

@walkerblack68 wrote:

Just received mailer stating that on 6-7-16, comcast will be adding Fox Sports 2 in Lewistown pa

Channel lineup.png

I wonder what COMCAST TEDS reaction will be to that news.  I wouldn't hold your breath.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

Would love to see this in the Indianapolis area. And RFD-TV, too!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I live in Portland, OR

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Why can't I get FSq2 on Comcast? Is there another channel #???

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@walkerblack68 wrote:

Yes. This is correct. Lewistown, PA is scheduled to add Fox Sports 2 on June 7.

The Lewistown, PA cable system (the physical cable plant) is being merged with another nearby Comcast system (Reedsville, PA) that already carries Fox Sports 2, so the FS2 programming is being added to the newly added area in order to adhere to contractual obligations and agreements.

I am not aware of any additional areas that have been announced to add Fox Sports 2. 

Regular Contributor

• 

440 Messages

8 years ago

Good Morning DebbieN1,

After reviewing the channel lineup in your area, I show that FS2 is unavailable at this time. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

started new thread

Regular Contributor

• 

90 Messages

8 years ago

So basically Comcast has added nothing. They just combined two systems  (and one had fuel tv which became FS2) and they have to keep it that way because of contracts. What a joke. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here