ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

"We do representative customer surveys and customer research all the time, on many topics, including focus groups. We aren't able to reach out to all of our customers all of the time." - Comcast Teds.

Why?  Why can't you reach out to all your customer?  You have no problem "reaching out" to every single one of your customers when it's time to collect the money for your services.  You are perfectly able to do that once a month, without fail.

That has to be the lamest excuse for lack of, well, doing  anything, since this whole fiasco started.  It's time for results, not excuses.

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

8 years ago

We have FS2 in the Twin Cities. Alas for years it has been in SD. Watching the FA Cup in SD is awful. Why not give us this channel in HD.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

We need FS2 I paye too much for my cable not to have FS2 Fa cup is on now, and I can't watch I. This isn't right

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Why don't you offer FOX SPORTS 2 on Xfinity TV

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

Don't waste your time, I've been chasing them on this for over two years now. I have an HDMI  cable from my PC to TV and go to www.foxsportsgo.com and enjoy the programing via internet!!! "CASE CLOSED"!!!

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

@MGCSR wrote:

Don't waste your time, I've been chasing them on this for over two years now. I have an HDMI  cable from my PC to TV and go to www.foxsportsgo.com and enjoy the programing via internet!!! "CASE CLOSED"!!!

You forget that Comcast is progressivly imposing a data usage cap to all its customers. This approach will soon be very costly to all of us.

Problem Solver

• 

2.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hello All,

Your entertainment experience is very important to us. Unfortunately for the most part we don't offer this channel. Only have it in select areas. We haven't been able to come to an agreement with that network to carry it in all areas.

Problem Solver

• 

988 Messages

8 years ago

Hello jbllfc,

Thank you for contacting us here at Comcast. Currently at this time, Fox Sports 2 (FS2) is not available in Indiana. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Do you support FS2 in Indiana?

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

Comcast Ashley, Comcast Crystal,
So as a loyal Comcast customer here in Indiana what is the problem between Fox and Comcast?
After two going on three years I would think that one of you is trying to extort more money from the other. Can you even give your loyal customers an inkling as to what is going on and can we as customers help get the tide to change, the winds to swing around, or even get the ball moving forward?
Ladies and gentlemen, I hear of more and more millennials cutting the cord. Surely the effects of this must be tramatizing to any cable company. For without revenue streams, businesses will not survive.
Can you please tell us why Comcast/Xfinity can't work out the problem, instead of being so secretive about it?
On a lighter note, where is Comcast Ted? Did he retire? Did he get promoted or fired? My best wishes to all at Comcast, we your loyal customers are here awaiting a great answer. Sincerely, JTM

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Janstheman wrote:
Comcast Ashley, Comcast Crystal,
So as a loyal Comcast customer here in Indiana what is the problem between Fox and Comcast?
After two going on three years I would think that one of you is trying to extort more money from the other. Can you even give your loyal customers an inkling as to what is going on and can we as customers help get the tide to change, the winds to swing around, or even get the ball moving forward?
Ladies and gentlemen, I hear of more and more millennials cutting the cord. Surely the effects of this must be tramatizing to any cable company. For without revenue streams, businesses will not survive.
Can you please tell us why Comcast/Xfinity can't work out the problem, instead of being so secretive about it?
On a lighter note, where is Comcast Ted? Did he retire? Did he get promoted or fired? My best wishes to all at Comcast, we your loyal customers are here awaiting a great answer. Sincerely, JTM

Still here. Working on a few different projects. We now have a much larger team who are focused on the forums. 

Unfortunately, there is no news to report than what has previously been posted in this thread by me and a few others. I will post it again below for those who may have missed it. For others, this is a repeat. 

Just wanted to recap, consolidate and summarize the current situation with Fox Sports 2 that some may find helpful.

Below is not new information and most all has been posted previously in earlier posts;

We certainly realize that anything short of a post that says "Comcast is adding Fox Sports 2 in all areas on this date" will not be a satisfactory answer for most. 

We don't have any announcements to make regarding additional locations for the addition of Fox Sports 2 at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for the Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas. I'm not currently aware of any decisions to remove or add Fox Sports 2 in any locations. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

We don’t currently have an agreement to add Fox Sports 2 to any Sports Package, as much as we might want to.

Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in some markets based on some existing contractual obligations.

There are other video providers (likely in your area) that may offer Fox Sports 2.

Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with Fox on many topics, including possible additional distribution for Fox Sports 2. The conversations are ongoing. A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer any channel to our customers. These need to be terms that make sense for both parties and for our customers.

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned above, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Of course, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

This forum is not the sole source of customer input.

ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is fairly standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

If you are interested in both sides of the story, you should also ask Fox Sports 2 why they don't have more distribution on Comcast and other video providers, you can do that here: http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback

Apologies that Fox has chosen to put some of their high profile events on one of their least distributed cable channels.

It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement for carriage of any cable network. Below is a quote from Mediacomm (a peer video provider) from early 2013 that I think helps illustrate the situation.

“Contrary to accusations by industry critics, cable companies are reluctant to raise video subscriber rates because when we do, we lose customers. Mediacom does not make more money when we raise video prices, since we remit virtually every penny of the increase on to the content owners. Over the last three years, the increase in our programming costs was more than double the increase in video revenues, even after taking our subscriber rate increases and equipment charges into account.”

Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses.

We are not currently in agreement with the terms that Fox has offered. Unfortunately, the issue and negotiations go a bit deeper than a single channel.

I hope that the above helps to explain some of the ”whys”.

Unfortunately, it’s not always as easy as saying, “hey, some of our customers want this this, let’s put it on and pay whatever the costs are and pass those costs along to all of our customers”. If and when we have additional news to announce, we will certainly do so here and in other places.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

8 years ago

This just cracks me up.  This has been going on for nearly 3 years.

Once again, I bring it that it was Comcast in their own press release in August 2013 that exclaimed in a BOLD headline that: "Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 coming to your channel lineup!!!"  This was coinciding with SPEED going away.

Comcast loves to point the finger at Fox.  However, when you go to the NASCAR website, you will note in the Blue Box "Click here to tell Comcast that you want Fox Sports 2 added to your lineup".  Not one word about contacting Fox.

1 Attachment

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Jalpa_Mike wrote:

This just cracks me up.  This has been going on for nearly 3 years.

Once again, I bring it that it was Comcast in their own press release in August 2013 that exclaimed in a BOLD headline that: "Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 coming to your channel lineup!!!"  This was coinciding with SPEED going away.

Comcast loves to point the finger at Fox.  However, when you go to the NASCAR website, you will note in the Blue Box "Click here to tell Comcast that you want Fox Sports 2 added to your lineup".  Not one word about contacting Fox.

Apologies - Generally, Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 did arrive in channel lineups in most all areas where we had Speed and Fuel carried. 

As I have mentioned a few times, it takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement for carriage of any cable network. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

Sorry, but that is not true.  We had Speed in our expanded sports package and we are not getting FS2.  

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

@Kaptar wrote:

Sorry, but that is not true.  We had Speed in our expanded sports package and we are not getting FS2.  

Here is the main question;  before Speed became FS1, did you have Fuel too?  It was that channel that became FS2.  Those who had it, now have FS2.  Those who didn't, still don't get FS2.  Funny thing is though, we (Pacific NW) used to have Fuel, and it mysteriously dissapeared about six months before the big Fox debacle.  I think Comcast got rid of Fuel when they could, so they wouldn't have to "honor contractual obligations" when it became FS2.  Comcast blames Fox; Fox blames Comcast.  You won't get a straight answer out of either of them.  In the mean time, Comcast recommends you switch carriers if you are dead set on having FS2.  They say this knowing that in many cases, mine for example, cable is the only option; and guess what?, Comcast is the only cable offering.  They also know that in cutting the cord, you will still need a good internet connection (otherwise how will you stream G.O.T.?)  Comcast still has the best and fastest internet.  If you cut out cable TV, they'll jack up your internet price, or lower your internet speed.  Sometime when you are bored, start at page one of thirty one in this thread, which began almost three years ago.  Comcast TEDS and his ilk have been saying the same thing for almost three years now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here