ebl11's profile

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

Wed, Aug 21, 2013 7:00 AM

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

 

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

markdartj

Regular Contributor

 • 

148 Messages

6 y ago


@ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- We have started carrying FS2 in very select areas. We are continuing to work towards having this channel added in all areas. 


Is this real?  Or is this just another spin on what you have already done, honoring pre-existing contracts?  Why does this have to come at a glacial pace?  Just get it done!

Denztoi

Regular Contributor

 • 

96 Messages

6 y ago

I'm thinking its a fake
Denztoi

Regular Contributor

 • 

96 Messages

6 y ago

What areas and cities? Please post your select areas.
Denztoi

Regular Contributor

 • 

96 Messages

6 y ago

So are you adding it to San Francisco Bay Area Region? Specifically Fremont California?
Please respond ASAP ComcastZack or ComcastTeds
As I will be considering one of your competitors.

Contributor

 • 

86 Messages

6 y ago


@markdartj wrote:

@ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- We have started carrying FS2 in very select areas. We are continuing to work towards having this channel added in all areas. 


Is this real?  Or is this just another spin on what you have already done, honoring pre-existing contracts?  Why does this have to come at a glacial pace?  Just get it done!


I'll be pleasantly surprised if Comcast did "in fact" add FS2 to a market. I've a friend in the "Philadelphia Kremlin" & I'm led to believe that Comcast has not truly "added" FS2 to any market. He thinks that the only time FS2 has been added to a market is when Comcast aquires a "Legacy Contract" that ALREADY has FS2 in the lineup. 

 

This is why I asked for the exact market that FS2 was "added", so we can check with posters here that are in that market or know a subscriber in that market. Just a little "fact checking"?

Frequent Visitor

 • 

10 Messages

6 y ago

Not here in the Seattle viewing area.  Husband spoke to Comcast, they replied that they do not have a contract with FS2.  

donope

Regular Contributor

 • 

90 Messages

6 y ago

The only Comcast customers that have FS2 are the people that had Fuel TV before it became FS2. The rest is more Comcast nonsense.

Frequent Visitor

 • 

10 Messages

6 y ago

We had Fuel.....  No FS2.

markdartj

Regular Contributor

 • 

148 Messages

6 y ago


@Kaptar wrote:

We had Fuel.....  No FS2.


Yes, we had it too, but it mysteriously dissapeared before the announcment of it's change to FS2.  

markdartj

Regular Contributor

 • 

148 Messages

6 y ago

It is all probably a bone thrown to us in order to keep the unhappiness coralled.  I read over on the FB side of the debate that the Maryland area had FS2 "added" just a year ago.  Don't really know the poster, but I suspect it was a case of a legacy contractual obligation once again.  He also said it was added in a "Pemium Tier", not basic cable.  That goes against all the arguments that I have heard from Comcast and FOX.  Since I already pay for a "Premium Tier", I resent the fact that I don't get FS2  yet probably pay the same rate as he does.  I have never dealt with a more obtuse company.

MGCSR

Contributor

 • 

21 Messages

6 y ago

I would like to believe Comcast but thewy have been beating around the bush on this for over two yraes now..

 

I'll believe it when I see it becayse the FCC has a hand in it too...   ALL "BS" as far as I'm concerned..............

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

6 y ago

My Xfinity support page shows FS2 as available now on the Digital Preferred package. Curiously enough FS1 is not available with that package. It is only available with Digital Premier, which of course does not have FS2 included. I'm calling Xfinity tomorrow to clarify but for right now seems strange.

 

BTW, I'm in Michigan.

l_turn9

Regular Contributor

 • 

80 Messages

6 y ago

I'm thinking that since it looks like comcast will never give us FS2 and because of that, we're better off without having FS1 - when it comes to sports car racing at least.  (that's all I watch).  Last weekend, the annual 12 Hours at Sebring (Fl) was held.  True to form comcast aired approx. the 1st half of the race on FS1 then switched to FS2 which I don't  have.   This would be like showing the 1st 2 quarters of the Super Bowl then dropping the last 2!  I bet even obtuse comcast would listen to the uproar that would result!  I fear the sports car fans are just a too small group to get any rise out of comcast.  This forum obviously doesn't work.  I assume the only reason comcast created the forum was to give us a place to complain and they never had any intent of providing FS2.

CCTeds

Gold Problem Solver

 • 

18.9K Messages

5 y ago


@l_turn9 wrote:

I'm thinking that since it looks like comcast will never give us FS2 and because of that, we're better off without having FS1 - when it comes to sports car racing at least.  (that's all I watch).  Last weekend, the annual 12 Hours at Sebring (Fl) was held.  True to form comcast aired approx. the 1st half of the race on FS1 then switched to FS2 which I don't  have.   This would be like showing the 1st 2 quarters of the Super Bowl then dropping the last 2!  I bet even obtuse comcast would listen to the uproar that would result!  I fear the sports car fans are just a too small group to get any rise out of comcast.  This forum obviously doesn't work.  I assume the only reason comcast created the forum was to give us a place to complain and they never had any intent of providing FS2.


Apologies. To clarify, the programming switch and programming on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 is done by Fox without any input or direction from Comcast. Apologies that Fox chose to make that programming switch mid-race.  

 

Apologies, we don't have any additional news to provide now around Fox Sports 2 being added to additional Comcast areas.  

markdartj

Regular Contributor

 • 

148 Messages

5 y ago


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@l_turn9 wrote:

I'm thinking that since it looks like comcast will never give us FS2 and because of that, we're better off without having FS1 - when it comes to sports car racing at least.  (that's all I watch).  Last weekend, the annual 12 Hours at Sebring (Fl) was held.  True to form comcast aired approx. the 1st half of the race on FS1 then switched to FS2 which I don't  have.   This would be like showing the 1st 2 quarters of the Super Bowl then dropping the last 2!  I bet even obtuse comcast would listen to the uproar that would result!  I fear the sports car fans are just a too small group to get any rise out of comcast.  This forum obviously doesn't work.  I assume the only reason comcast created the forum was to give us a place to complain and they never had any intent of providing FS2.


Apologies. To clarify, the programming switch and programming on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 is done by Fox without any input or direction from Comcast. Apologies that Fox chose to make that programming switch mid-race.  

 

Apologies, we don't have any additional news to provide now around Fox Sports 2 being added to additional Comcast areas.  


Ok, I have to jump in here.  On the last page (pg 30), ComcastZach says you are adding Fox Sports 2 in some areas, with the intention of adding it to all areas.  Now you say "we don't have any additional news around FS2 being added to additional Comcast areas).  So who is telling the truth here?  You or Zach?  You have 31 pages of unhappy customers, yet "there are no plans.....yadda yadda yadda"  Do you really care about your customers or is it just marketing drivel?  Your apologies ring very hollow, TED.  This can all go away in a heartbeat.  All Comcast has to do is agree to the terms Fox has set forward, in the same way we have to agree to the terms you put forward.  It is high time that Comcast starts listening to it's customers, rather than trying to squeeze every last nickel and dime for profit.

A gentleman from Michigan said on Facebook that you have added FS2 in his area, to the premium tier.  That flies in the face of everything you've said.  So once again, who is lying?  You,  your colleague Zach, or both of you?  Don't you get tired of having to apologize all the time?  Just fix the problem.

New to the Community?

Start Here