ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Not available - THANKS (for nada) Comcast.  There are several threads requesting FS2.  No response, no rationale - no FS2.  Deaf ears I suppose.  sorry to burst your bubble.  Was just researching the Amazon Fire and it can run Fox Sports Go.  however The app, just like the website, requires you to login via your cable provider.  I can't get FS2 on the computer, only FS1, so the app would be the same.  comcast doesn't have a deal with Fox for FS2.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

8 years ago

Not sure how much of a difference it will make, but I just filed a complaint with the FCC too.

Mike

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

Nice!! more people that file and complain of no FS2 or MavTV, the better.
The person I talked to was suppose to have this forum updated with why there is no availability of FS2 and it still hasn't been done even after being promised that it would! No surprise there. Maybe another complaint filed????

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Denztoi wrote:
Nice!! more people that file and complain of no FS2 or MavTV, the better.
The person I talked to was suppose to have this forum updated with why there is no availability of FS2 and it still hasn't been done even after being promised that it would! No surprise there. Maybe another complaint filed????

Apologies. The most recent update is posted on the previous page from early February, post #1413.

There is no additional update to provide as of yet.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I would like you add the FoxSports 2 and ESPN3 into my channel. How much money do you charge it for this service monthly? Thanks in advance for answering.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Good luck with that I pay 170 for Internet and tv no special package no hbo or anything like that better off going to verizon

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

Triple bundle Latino 3650 homephone internet 105 Bein sports HD ESPN deportes hd fox deportes HD starz HBO showtime DVR $175

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

8 years ago

Just checked the NASCAR schedule for today.....

Imagine that!!  Final XFINITY series practice AND Sprint Cup Qualifying are both on Fox Sports 2.

Thanks once again for nothing, Comcast.

it just boggles the mind to think Xfinity sponsors the 2nd Tier NASCAR series and yet doesn't offer coverage for its customers.  It's no wonder Comcast has the lowest ratings for Customer Support in the industry.

Mike

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I find it very sad that I've had the XFINITY X1 Platform for quite a while, and don't have access to Fox Sports 2. It is carried by all Satellite Netwoks as well as Comcast in other markets not far from me. I've requested answers numerous times with no resolutions nor explanations. I pay over $200 per month for this "premium" service. I'm a NASCAR Fan and FS1 switches to FS2 several times per season. Since XFINITY sponsers one of the series' segments, shouldn't it be offered to those of us who pay the bills? If this matter isn't resolved relatively soon, I'll be switching to Direct TV.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have a home in Mass where I have Verizon and FSP. Just bought a second home in a community in Florida where they have a bulk contract with Comcast and no FSP. I just added this complaint to the long list of customer complaints we discuss at the monthly home owners meeting and guess what - this will probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back and goodbye Comcast. They will lose 300 customers (and probably still won't give a hoot. Talk about awful customer service.

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

8 years ago

I hope east coast gets Fox sports 2.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

Playstation Vue is now available nationwide and they have ESPN(s), FS1, FS2, NBCSN all in HD for $29.99 a month, and you can also get BeIN HD if one upgrades to the $34.99 a month package. With a 30 day unlimited cloud DVR and apps available on iPad and Amazon Fire TV, this is a homerun when compared to Comcast offerings.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/14/playstation-vue-goes-nationwide-starting-at-29-99-in-new-markets/

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

8 years ago

ComcastZach wrote: 

"In some areas we have this channel but not all. Expansion into other markets has to be negotiated between Comcast and FS2. Those negotiations are still ongoing."

Sure thing.  Its only been 3 years.   We wouldn't want to rush into anything now, would we?

Mike

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

8 years ago

In some areas we have this channel but not all. Expansion into other markets has to be negotiated between Comcast and FS2. Those negotiations are still ongoing.  

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

8 years ago

@Me-ManassasVA wrote:

LOL.  Only been 3 years now.....  Somewhat good news!  I was able to get FS2 through FoxSportsGo by choosing the more carriers button, scrolling down to Comcast/Xfinity and then entering my Comcast login information.  When I chose the First Comcast option with the pretty picture I could only view FS1.  Hope this works for you.  Note that it wasn't a stable enough connection to try to do a video capture, perhaps too many viewers hitting the server?  it was good enough to watch though.   Course my Chromecast decided to stop receiving video about 3 minutes into it so I was on a smaller screen then I would have preferred but at least I had surround sound.  

Regarding my FCC and Comcast complaints.  I got an e-mail request from the regional Comcast asking me to call and discuss.  FCC was then informed I didn't respond to the inquiry.  The paper letter today said I didn't respond and they do not offer FS2 in my area thus I assume the FCC won't do anything.  We are all aware that due to a misalignment of the stars, FS2 is not available in all service regions.  Just for grins, the attached is the Comcast channel lineup comparison which doesn't state not available in all areas.  It is only after you give up your address that you actually see FS2 not listed..

I got an email from the FCC last week saying they received my complaint and they forwarded to Comcast who had 30 days to address it.

Well, lo and behold some Comcast person called me today and asked what they could do for me. LOL!  So, I laid out the following for her:

1.  Comcast was the one who issued the press release 3 years ago stating that "FS1 & FS2 were coming to our channel line-up when SPEED went away."   We all have been waiting for three years and not one thing has happened to get us FS2.

2. XFINITY sponsors the 2nd Tier NASCAR series and yet puts Qualifying, practice and other related events on FS2 which we can't get.

3. This thread is the biggest on the Comcast blogs and yet all we get is "cut and paste" updates from the Moderators every few weeks.

She thanked me and said she would "pass my concerns onto Management" (translation?  It will go into the garbage and we'll be sitting here having this discussion 3 years from now).

Oh well, at least I tried.

The one positive? We are moving 1st quarter next year, my contract is over and we will be kissing Comcast goodbye forever.

Mike

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here