ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

What cable channel is FS2

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

Well, here's a new one.  I just got off the phone with somebody (I'm bad with names) from the Comcast Executive offices.  While contacting them for a recurring problem with watching my recorded programs, I also expressed my extreme dissatisfaction that Comcast doesn't carry FOX SPORTS 2, along with MAV TV and Universal Sports.  His reply was that "cable companies are contractually not allowed to carry FS2".  Wow,  did that ever come out of left field.  You would have thought that if this were indeed the case, something would have been said about it, say maybe two and a half years ago?  Comcast Teds never said as much; he just blathers on about "How it has to make sense for all the parties involoved" (He refers to Fox Sports and Comcast, but are we not one of the "parties involved" too?  After all, we are the ones footing the bill).  So is this just another excuse for Comcast not bothering to listen to it's customers, or is this actually the truth?   Does Time Warner have FS2?  How about Charter Cable?  Anyone out there know?  Why would Fox not want more people to access their product?

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

He is abosolutely lying! Cable one has fs2, in hd...

Oh and calbe one provides hd for free instead of charing you 10 bucks for "hd fee"

Oh and I forgot comcast has fs2 in seatle so yeah what a shameless liar!

This is what comcast does, shamelessly lie!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Total BS! Fox Sports 2 is on FIOS. As far as I know, Universal Sports no longer exists. They were supposed to shut down completely last November.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

We don't know where you live, so we don't know.  Many of the Comcast systems don't carry FS2.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Don't put anything past Comcast, they have the absolute worst customer service, they nickel and dime you for everything, and they blatantly exclude channels as they conflict with their own agendas. In this case, BEiN not in HD and no FS2 is solely bc of NBC's investment into the EPL and those 2 channels play sports that would conflict with their ratings for those EPL games.

I've always said: the best way to win the war on drugs is to legalize them all, but require that all sales be purchased through Comcast Customer Support.

I'm not sure about you, but as soon as Google Fiber gets to my neighborhood I am off Comcast and never coming back. I currently have no other option, other than satellite which I'm not doing, so Comcast is currently the necessary evil =/

Contributor

• 

390 Messages

8 years ago

EPL

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Yes I agree that it is well past time for Comcast to offer fox Sports 2. I pay alot of money every month for probably 200 channels are full of garbage. I am also a huge soccer fan who would appreciate the games covered in Fox Sports 2.

Regular Contributor

• 

90 Messages

8 years ago

Just got my dish hooked up yesterday and wow FS2 in HD, beIN Sports in HD, about 40 or more sports channels from around the country in HD. I can use beIN connect, watch FS2 on fox sports go as well, watch the NFL network on the NFL app, I could go on... Wow what a difference. The only way to tell comcast that we've had enough is to cancel your service. So far I'm loving it!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Please add fox sports 2 in Colorado! There are so many great European champions league games that fans are being deprived of. Tomorrow I will miss Bayern vs Juventus. Please settle this and add Fox Sports 2 and give the fans and paying subscribers what they deserve!!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, there's been nothing but stonewalling from Comcast on this for 3+ years....I do not see this happening anytime soon.

Also, don't listen to Comcast or their forum trolls, it is totally their own doing - not the fault of others.

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

8 years ago

@EmpireITtech wrote:

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, there's been nothing but stonewalling from Comcast on this for 3+ years....I do not see this happening anytime soon.

Also, don't listen to Comcast or their forum trolls, it is totally their own doing - not the fault of others.

I would also like to see Fox Sports 2 added.

I remember back when Comcast customer service reps would take requests for channels that you wanted to see added. And some of those channels were added as a result of those requests. At least you felt that you were being heard. Now, Comcast gives you permission to take your money and subscribe to whatever other TV service is available so that you can get the channels you'd like to have. Which is a shame, not to mention contradictory, given all the media reporting of poor customer service ratings due to Comcast not paying attention to what the customers want.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@markdartj wrote:

Well, here's a new one.  I just got off the phone with somebody (I'm bad with names) from the Comcast Executive offices.  While contacting them for a recurring problem with watching my recorded programs, I also expressed my extreme dissatisfaction that Comcast doesn't carry FOX SPORTS 2, along with MAV TV and Universal Sports.  His reply was that "cable companies are contractually not allowed to carry FS2".  Wow,  did that ever come out of left field.  You would have thought that if this were indeed the case, something would have been said about it, say maybe two and a half years ago?  Comcast Teds never said as much; he just blathers on about "How it has to make sense for all the parties involoved" (He refers to Fox Sports and Comcast, but are we not one of the "parties involved" too?  After all, we are the ones footing the bill).  So is this just another excuse for Comcast not bothering to listen to it's customers, or is this actually the truth?   Does Time Warner have FS2?  How about Charter Cable?  Anyone out there know?  Why would Fox not want more people to access their product?

Apologies for any misinformation that you may have been given.

Comcast does not currently have an agreement to distribute Fox Sports 2 in additional markets on any level of service , including as a stand-alone single channel or part of a sports package.

I know that our programming teams speak with and meet with Fox regularly. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

what is the channel for fox sports 2 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

what is the fox sports 2 channel

forum icon

New to the Community?