ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Yup, it's a highly successful $$$ driven, truly capitalistic sport.  I'm sure both want to keep it that way.  Any mid-long term, 3,5, or 10 year, plan certainly wouldn't include eroding your fan base, which is what I believe will happen if loyal NASCAR fans aren't allowed the choice to see any of the big 3 series races in its aired entirety.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

I was able to stream the complete race (Rolex 24 at Daytona), without commercial interruption, and with comentary from the Radio LeMans crew.  Best watching experiece I've had so far.  Even able to "air play" it onto my big screen.  A shout out to IMSA for providing this service.  That does not excuse Comcast and Fox for the way they are doing business.  Fox will divide up the broacast, putting most of it onto FS2, in order to rile up the Comcast customers.  Comcast is the gate-keeper, and from all the evidence I've seen, are doing nothing about including FS2 in their line-up (you have to rembember, they own NBC Sports, and Fox Sports is their competitor.  They are never going to lift a finger to provide FS2, despite what their customers want.)  It is becoming more and more viable to "cut the cord".  I just need to find an internet provider that has the speed of Comcast, but without the Comcast name.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

Yes that's the big dilemma since they are not ever going to offer FS2, they have the market cornered regarding internet speed and connections. This is the only thing holding be back since I do the same as you and stream the racing from my apps on the iPad / computer to my TV.
Soon I'm hoping Google will offer their fiber here in the Bayarea.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

The FCC link works and I am going to be in contact with a Rep regarding the nonexistent FS2 throughout the U.S.
I suggest everyone use it to complain that the channel is unavailable in your area for years now as Comcast is become a monopoly in the ISP / broadcast spectrum.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

Removed, off topic. As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Regular Contributor

• 

90 Messages

8 years ago

Contact the FCC to file a complaint about any of many shortcomings of the monopoly or duopoly conditions in the TV/ISP markets across the USA:

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

I'll just post this again...Received calls 3 straight days from Comcast so they "could resolve my probelm". I said basically, are you getting FS2 in HD and BeIn Sports in HD?, no...well then peace...already set up appt for Dish Network. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I want to watch supercross live on FOx Sports 2. Any chance we're gonna get it in southeastern PA?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

i pay a lot of money for a lot of channels i do not watch so how is it we have fox sports one but not fox sports 2. i love watching supercross of course i cant the few races a year they are prodcasted on fs2.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I dont understand why you dont have fox sports 2, i was told you had all the sports channels but looks like i was given a bunch of lies. sounds like im going back to at&t because you people are a waste of my time.

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

8 years ago

With Al Jazeera going off the air, there's a perfect spot for a channels like FS2 or Mavtv. Sure bet we aren't going to see a decrease in our rates. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Add me to the list of subscribers that want and deserve FS2!  3 years and counting.  Really?  How many dissatisfied subscribers does it take to get your attention?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I was on Directv and very happy for several years, I was also on Comcast cable because it is the ONLY high speed alternative where I live.  The problem is that if you only buy high speed Internet you are paying through the nose.  I was extremely let down when I found out I did not get ALL of the EPL matches, I did not get FS2, I get Bein sports in SD and I am forced to buy the foxsoccer2go application to see the soccer matches I want to watch.  Directv has far better channel selection for soccer fans, as soon as my contract is up I am moving back to Directv unless Comcast get their act together.  It is very disappointing that a provider is limiting the #1 sport in the world by cutting off access to this growing sport to its subscribers.  I would happily pay extra for full access to all EPL matches, all Bundesliga, all Champions League, all Europa League, all in HD, just like the competition.  Very disappointing.  

Disgruntled new customer.  

Regular Contributor

• 

90 Messages

8 years ago

Welcome to the unhappy world of Comcast customers! Boy It's awful here. 

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

I got the exact same response! I asked them to update this forum so we don't have to have a continuous requests to why isn't there a FD2 and why it isn't available. I was assured it would be done by Shantau H.
Executive Customer Relations
West Division and still there is nothing. She could have at least had her response pinned as a headline to this thread.
Now does ComcastTeds remove this reply or does it stay?
If it is removed, I assure you I will file another complaint with the FCC for trying to deny me access as a paying customer to this forum as I have not broken any rules.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

Look at page 1 and see how long ago this thread started, and it is all the same from different customers, no FS2 and it won't be available. Use the FCC complaint link above let your voice be heard, otherwise it's a mute point in this forum
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here