ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

9 years ago

It sounds to me like the two tier choices then would be Digital Starter or Digital Preferred. Digital Starter is less expensive so I would imagine it has more subscribers, but that would also mean more customers would be impacted.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

9 years ago

You got that right markdartj Comcast could careless about what consumers want. Ted is a nothing more then a mouth piece for the forums. Absolutely nothing gets accomplished here so it's just a vent site and nothing more. Nothing will change and FS2 will not happen on Comcast. Only way to get it is switching providers, which I will do also soon enough.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

Comcast Ted will tell us anything to defend Comcast's actions (or in this, inaction). It's always somebody else's fault, isn't it, Ted. It's really telling that now Comcast is telling us to find different providers rather than have Comcast give us what we want. "Just sod off!", so to speak. Fox doesn't help either. They are trying to push the issue by scheduling everything we want to see on FS2. No wonder it's hard for racing teams to find sponsorship. For ten Euros, you can steam the complete 24 hours of LeMans on your computer, with no add breaks. Quite a race going on with 13h 48min to go. To tell the truth, I'd still be watching the stream even if I had FS2. Just one step closer to cutting the cable (if there were a way to stream NFL, & MLB, and FIFA soccer, I would already have done so). Comcast's service is just plain horrible.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Ridiculous I pay all this money and can't get Fox Sports 2.  Can't wait till I can cut the cord on Comcast.  Basically a monopoly where I live.  Just a bunch of pompous jerks.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Missing all the Womens and under 22 World cups. Atleast get the video streaming version or something

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

9 years ago

markdartj wrote:  "Comcast is telling us to find different providers rather than have Comcast give us what we want. "Just sod off!", so to speak. Fox doesn't help either. They are trying to push the issue by scheduling everything we want to see on FS2."
You know, this whole thing between Comcast and Fox reminds me of a good ol' peein' contest. And the customers are the ones getting wet.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Completely agree, very angry to have the last hour of the race turn off to Moto GP. 

Comcast clearly does not giving a flying f about their customers and only about the bottom line. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

removed, duplicate post

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

removed duplicate post

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

removed, duplicate post

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Then you need to hire better negotiators.  I'm sure you have enough money given that I'm spending ~$200 per month.  Based on your logic, why would Fox even let you have any of their channels?  This is a Comcast issue,not a Fox issue.  Comcast is a 10,000 pound gorilla just pushing people around.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

9 years ago

I looked at the Fox Sports 1 article on Wikipedia and I noticed this:

"Concerns by providers over the increasing costs for cable and satellite services for their customers (largely believed to be partly due to the higher fees commanded by certain sports channels) resulted in Fox backing off charging the 80¢ per subscriber rate, instead charging the same 23¢ rate that those providers paid to carry Speed."

That sounds to me like Fox charges Comcast $.23 per subscriber for Fox Sports 1. Since ESPN charges less for ESPN2 than ESPN, I would imagine Fox would charge less than $.23 for Fox Sports 2.

My parents and I pay for a triple play. I wouldn't mind a less than $.20 increase on the bill for Comcast to carry Fox Sports 2.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

I am a loyal Nascar fan of 20+ years.  I am also an Xfinity Comcast customer.  Here is the situation.  This upcoming weekend, 6-20-15 & 6-21-15, ALL Nascar practices AND qualifying are on.....Fox Sports 2.  Well, Xfinity does not provide Fox Sports 2 in the Kansas City market.  I am willing to pay for the channel, but it's NOT available on ANY Xfinity package in the Kansas City market.  So, Xfinity, are you telling me that I have to switch to Direct TV so I can watch the Nascar Xfinity Series on TV?  Xfinity is paying 10s of Millions of dollars for the naming rights to the Nascar Xfinity Series, but Xfinity can't even make the channel that THEIR OWN SPONSORED SERIES IS RACING ON available to its customers?  UNBELIEVABLE!   You can't afford to make a channel available to your customers in any package at any price, but you can afford to spend 10s of Millions of dollars sponsoring the race series on the channel you are NOT making available to your customers?  Who is in charge of marketing and programming for Xfinity, Mickey Mouse?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

are you going toget fox sports 2 and mavtv or when.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

9 years ago

I don't know about the other channel, but from what I've read Comcast has no plans to add Fox Sports 2 nationwide.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here