ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

9 years ago

If Comcast doesn't want it, the customer wanting it doesn't matter. There have been statements made by Comcast executives that if customers want channels that Comcast doesn't carry, they are welcome to subscribe to other TV providers that do carry them. In other words, "if you don't like it, leave." Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

Contributor

• 

58 Messages

9 years ago

The 24 Hours of LeMans is on this weekend.  Looks like I will be missing most of it, including the start because Comcast still doesn't carry Fox Sports 2.  Look at this schedule:

• Saturday, June 13 (8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., FOX Sports 2)
  • Saturday, June 13 (7 p.m. to 8 p.m., FOX Sports 1)
  • Saturday, June 13 (11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
  • Sunday, June 14 (3:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)
  • Sunday, June 14 (7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
  • Sunday, June 14 (9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)

It's very disappointing that Comcast won't add this channel.  

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

Today, friday,June 12 a lot of nascar missed too - cup qualifying and the  arca race. PS I have been a nascar fan council member for 4 years now, I am very vocal and have complained since the day they closed speed about this matter. I have even CALLED Nascar, many times. Yet each week Mike Joy, The two Waltrip idiots and others are shills for fox constantly say switch to fox sports 2  knowing well no one gets fox sports 2 but that's who pays their paycheck. (I have written each of them too - many many times). anyone who likes racing, years ago nascar ruined nascar dor com as it used to have a good list of the racding for the weekend, it no longer does. Some guys go to nbc or espn or cbs sports web pages, I have kept a tab open to tvracer dot com for years, it shows all racing for any given day and which channel. Assured I a pi55ed off big time knowing I am missing some significant nascar AGAIN today thanks to the imbiciles at both comcast and fox.

Friday, June 12, 2015 1:00am-1:30am (R) 1:30am-2:00am (R) NASCAR America -The States of NASCAR  NBCSN

4:00am-5:00am (R) 2015 Isle of Man Isle of Man VELOCITY

7:00am-7:30am (R) 7:30am-8:00am (R) 8:00am-8:30am (R) 8:30am-9:00am (R) NASCAR America NBCSN

11:30am-1:00pm (L) NBCSN

11:30am-1:00pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Practice FS1

1:00pm-2:00pm (L) Xfinity Practice Michigan  FS1

2:30pm-4:00pm (L)  Xfinity Final Practice Michigan FS1

4:00pm-5:30pm (L) NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifying Michigan FS2 <--Fox Sports Two No One On Comcast Gets

4:30pm-5:00pm NASCAR America -The States of NASCAR NBCSN

5:00pm-5:30pm (L) NASCAR America NBCSN

5:30pm-7:00pm (L) ARCA Racing Michigan  FS2 <---Fox Sports Two that No One On Comcast Gets

6:00pm-7:00pm (R) 2015 Isle of Man Isle of Man VELOCITY
6:30pm-7:00pm (R) NASCAR America -The States of NASCAR NBCSN

11:00pm-12:00am 2015 Isle of Man Isle of Man VELOCITY

ANYONE: Prove to me that fox, comcast or nascar care about anything other than money - I'll give you a million. Trust me I wont have to payout, no one can every prove comcast, fox or nascar cares about its fans enough to finally add fox2 as was promised years ago,m to the standard racing channels, again,  as promised - with no extra charge for it either. Nascar knows xfinity comcast are hypocrrites with the naming rights, I tell them every fan council they email me every monday morning.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

The easy answer would be for Ted to give us the numbers and service areas where Comcast has added FS2 & the service areas where FS2 is available due to a legacy contract?

.....and to reveal that information would be a violation of a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and a direct violation of our confidential programming contract with Fox.

Fox will tell you the very same thing. 

NDA - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

for (ONLY NEW) dish customers    

America's
Top 250

$39.99/mo for 12 months
290+ Channels fox sports 2 is available. 

the next package down

America's
Top 200

$39.99/mo for 12 months
240+ Channels

it is not

of course after 12 months the prices double to triple

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@NWracefan wrote:
It has been.a long time since I posted but read something on another Twitter feed that I found interesting. Since Comcast would not pay the charges that Fox wanted, It said "From that, Fox signed exclusive contracts with DishandDirecTV for all major markets. Consequently, if your on Verizon or Comcast in any major market area, you will never have the option toreceiveFS2......period". If true we have no hope no matter how much we request, complain, etc. of course Comcast Ted could confirm but doubt it since it would make all of us holding out hope, leave for direct or dish.

Could you post the source of that Twitter message so that we can review and address it with the source? Thanks. 

For those following, Comcast does currently offer Fox Sports 2 in several markets, including parts of "major markets" like Philadelphia. 

We don't have any new announcements to make right now regarding additional areas adding Fox Sports 2. 

As I and many others have mentioned earlier in this thread, there are other nationwide video providers that offer Fox Sports 2. If Fox Sports 2 is important to you, you may want to explore the best option for your situation.

Those national providers and their contact information were actually posted earlier in this thread (message 1053 on this page). Fox can also provide that information to you. 

Glad that we can have this dialogue here and please know that I do constantly share all of this feedback with our programming teams.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

My son is with Verizon and he gets FS2.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

removed. please review Posting Guidelines

As per the Forum Guidlines, http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

It has been.a long time since I posted but read something on another Twitter feed that I found interesting. Since Comcast would not pay the charges that Fox wanted, It said "From that, Fox signed exclusive contracts with Dish and DirecTV for all major markets. Consequently, if your on Verizon or Comcast in any major market area, you will never have the option to receive FS2......period". If true we have no hope no matter how much we request, complain, etc. of course Comcast Ted could confirm but doubt it since it would make all of us holding out hope, leave for direct or dish.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

The tweet came from NASCAR .com you can go to that site topic Complete schedule. Underneath are tweets and you can find the complete tweet.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@NWracefan wrote:
The tweet camefromNASCAR .com you can go to that site topic Complete schedule. Underneath are tweets and you can find the complete tweet.

Thanks! Found it - that is not actually a tweet, but a message on the NASCAR open message board from a general user (Buck Shot_Fan 88).

http://www.nascar.com/weekend-schedule.html

My own opinion is that I remain doubtful that information regarding exclusive contracts from a multichannel video provider for any network is accurate. 

Fox is a very smart company. An exclusive agreement would seem to go against any traditional television business model - to gain additional money per subscriber, gain additional subscribers any way you can and get additional eyeballs and advertising revenue.

If you are interested in both sides of the story, you should also ask Fox Sports 2 why they don't have more distribution on Comcast and other video providers, you can do that here: http://foxsports.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/

Apologies that Fox has chosen to put some of their high profile events on one of their least distributed cable channels.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Also upset that I can't see Nascar Qualifying!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

It's unbelievable that we can't get fox sorts 2. Some d@&$ soccer game took it's place. It's hard to believe that since NBC, which comcast owns, has the series and we can't watch qualifying for cup series. Come on comcast get for real.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

All and all, the situation is just plain stupid. Why can't they just let us go ala carte and pay a buck or two more each month for Fos Sports 2?

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

9 years ago

Just as you were disappointed to not be able to view  the various NASCAR events, I feel the same about a single race.  In the small town of LeMans, France they hold a 24 hour road race with the ultimate sports cars from all over the world.  But when Speed was changed to Fuel we lost most of the coverage.  It went from 24 or so hours to less than 8.  I could see the listing in FS2 but I cannot get to it.   I even tried t upgrade my TV package but FS2 was not available in my area.  

Typical comcast BS.  But I will leave them soon.   ...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here