ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

9 years ago

@JASBLUES wrote:

All and all, the situation is just plain stupid. Why can't they just let us go ala carte and pay a buck or two more each month for Fos Sports 2?

My thoughts exactly. I already pay for the Sports & Entertainment Package -- why not just add it to that?

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

in 1983 when I hooked up I had all the premium channels, racing was either on espn, abc, daytona on cbs, 2 cable boxes and remotes, and my bill was 34 a month andf they promised when tvs were cable ready we wouldnt ever again have to rent cable boxes or remotes and our bill will go substantially lower. 30 plus years later I am stuck as the lied to junky and my "dealer" comcast has not kept one promise they ever  made. And like those "other" addicts, they tease us at first, get us hooked, prices go up, we get less for our fix and we sit and write 23 pages in their forum...that they ignore.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@mrshvd3 wrote:

@JASBLUES wrote:

All and all, the situation is just plain stupid. Why can't they just let us go ala carte and pay a buck or two more each month for Fos Sports 2?

My thoughts exactly. I already pay for the Sports & Entertainment Package -- why not just add it to that?

Apologies. As mentioned previously, Fox does not currently allow us to offer Fox Sports 2 in a Sports Package or as an a-la-carte option, as much as we would like to do that.

Generally, networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

@mrshvd3 wrote:

@JASBLUES wrote:

Don't know how long you guys have been subscribers to cable, but "back in the day" that was exactly what we could do!!!!! I have a good Comcast "inside contact" in Philly & I can assure you that pigs will fly in formation, with the slot pig inverted, before you see Comcast go back to that program!!!!  I also can remember "back in the day" when Optimum/Cablevision first got started, my monthly bills were about $30!!!!! 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@JASBLUES wrote:

Apologies. As mentioned previously,  Fox does not currently allow us to offer Fox Sports 2 in a Sports Package or as an a-la-carte option, as much as we would like to do that.

Generally, networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

I would hazard a guess that most everyone on this forum is fairly "sharp"?

Does it go unnoticed that, according to the Comcast spokes person (Ted), NONE of these problems lie at the feet of the Ivory Tower in Philly. It's everyone else that is preventing Comcast from doing the right thing for their customers? If it wasn't for those ole meanies at Fox, Comcast would add FS2 to their national line up!

I'm positive that is correct, given the stellar ratings that Comcast has for Customer Support & Customer Relations in the past few years? What is not covered by NDA, are these national ratings.

I guess that it makes good business sense for Ted to tell us, if we want FS2 to go to the providers listed in earlier posts? Far be it that Comcast should give us the same service that these "other providers" are giving their subscribers!

Maybe this question is also covered by NDA : In the past 3 years, what has been the subscriber retention rate? What has been the subscriber growth rate? True growth rate Ted, NOT the added subscribers from acquisitions of other providers, but true subscriber growth.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

For instance, with Comcast, I can pay a bit more for, say, Showtime or Spanish channels. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Please tell me Xfinity has Fox Sports 2!  I have all these channels I NEVER watch but have to pay for but don't have FS2?

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

Gonna miss most of the Le Mans 24 hours for the first time in years. So on Monday I'll be calling and switching my provider. Buh-bye Comcast. When the retention manager cries about how much better Xfinity is than other providers, I'll just laugh.

This is why the Comcast/TW merger failed. Who wants an even bigger beauracracy telling us what we want to watch. I submit that FS2 would have bigger number if it weren't cut out of the largest set of households because of Xfinity.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

Removed as per the Forum Guidlines; http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Illegal Content posts, e.g. Pirated Software and/or requests, how-to's on obtaining any content without a legal purchase, will be removed. Posts with Illegal Activities such as circumventing Site Banning, e.g. Comcast Forums (Help or Community) will be removed. Duplicate or excessively repeated submissions in one or more areas in addition with circumventing Comcast Forum banning will result in immediate permanent banning. Please keep personal conversations in the Forums Private Messenger. This includes threads/messages aimed at only a select member or group of members, your personal forum status (leaving, arriving, rank, and warnings), other's personal forum status ("Where is ______?"), etc..

Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Well Comcast you've done it again. Another year that race fans get practically no coverage of sports car racing. The greatest endurance rece in the world is on today and the majority of the coverage is on FS2 (which we don't get) with minimal coverage on FS1. It was the same for the 24 hours of Daytona and the 12 hours of Sebring. How long do your customers have to beg for FS2? Thanks for nothing, get a clue. I so miss Speedvision and COX cable. If the choice was available in our area Comcast would be nothing but a bad memory!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am tired of waiting for Comcast to offer Fox Sport 2, I have been waiting since the Speed 2 days.  I am changing service provider

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

W/o FS2, I can't watch Ireland - Scotland. Can't even access it on FS Go!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm a long-time subscriber in Atlanta, GA. Please add the Fox Sports 2 HD network. It fits on channel 876 right below Fox Sports 1 HD at 875. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

welllll, wellll, wellll, after reading somewhere that I could watch Le Mans today on Fox Sports Go because Comcast here doesn't carry FS2, I dutifully and reluctantly loaded it onto my PC.  After giving up my privacy rights and having to login through a microsoft-approved account into my OWN pc, yes it made me change from a local account to a cloud account - gmail.com, I then find I cannot,  i repeat CANNOT view FS2 because I had to log into Comcast as part of the process.  I'm assuming because comcast (hmm, it won't let me post a bad word c o m m i e c a s t) (AND if I find out they donate to the clinton-crime foundation or the DNC, I'm dropping them and switching to something) doesn't carry FS2.  Sooo, I still cannot view Le Mans except when it's on FS1.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here