ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

Cstreet, you just voiced the whole argument in a nutshell.  I haven't stuck with Comcast out of a strong sense of loyalty or even because I appreciate their product.  Because of my living situation, Comcast has what is a monopoly.  Basically, if I want to watch my team play, or many of the forms of autosports I like, and of course "Game of Thrones", I have to have Comcast.

In truth, I loathe this business arraingement.  I loathe COMCAST.  I tell anyone who has a choice, do not, I repeat, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR COMCAST.  

What I really hate is whenever I call them, which I do fairly often (To get FOX SPORTS 2 added), They taunt me by telling me I'm one of their most appreciated customers (or something along that line; I try to tune it out).  
If I were indeed appreciated, Comcast's customer "service" (I use that term loosely) would actually be responsive to my requests.  At the bare minimum, they would at least have a CLUE as to what the issue is.  After two years, heading for three, even the janitor who sweeps the floor knows that getting FOX SPORTS 2 is not just a matter of "Go to your cable box and get me the serial number".

Comcast has instead, devoted their resouces to building the biggest opaque firewall between corporate decisions and the public whom they "serve" (again, there is NO service, I'm just using the word as an approved place holder).  If they used those resources to instead improve, or at least establish a bare minimum level of "service" to the people who pay Comcast, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Looking at those figures, FS1 is doing well considering it's a fairly new channel. The only reason FS2 is not doing as well is because it's not available to the same amount of people! You can't compare either of them to ESPN or  ESPN2 because they've both been around a long time, are an established brand, & are available to everyone!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@lipstickcat wrote:

Looking at those figures, FS1 is doing well considering it's a fairly new channel. The only reason FS2 is not doing as well is because it's not available to the same amount of people! You can't compare either of them to ESPN or  ESPN2 because they've both been around a long time, are an established brand, & are available to everyone!

Agreed. Just showing that the overall distribution of Fox Sports 2 is much lower than the others. That helps to illustrate that Comcast is not the only video provider that is not currently offering this channel in all locations. 
What do you hear from Fox regarding this? 

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

9 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Agreed. Just showing that the overall distribution of Fox Sports 2 is much lower than the others. That helps to illustrate that Comcast is not the only video provider that is not currently offering this channel in all locations. 

Not it does not! All it does illustrate is that out of the major providers Comcast are the only ones not offering FS2. FS2 is available nationwide on the other major providers. This is a trend for Comcast. All the numbers show is that Comcast have a lot more subscribers than the other providers and you not carrying a channel takes a big chunk out of their numbers. You know that and that's why you drive a hard bargain and that's why like with other popular channels your customers ask for, you are almost certainly the last to carry them. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

The truth remains that Comcast is not the only video provider to not offer Fox Sports 2 in all locations. Comcast has 22 million video customers. Even if you add 22 million to the Fox Sports 2 total number it still falls way short of the Fox Sports 1 number.

We certainly understand your passion. Just trying to share some facts.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

9 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:
The truth remains that Comcast is not the only video provider to not offer Fox Sports 2 in all locations. Comcast has 22 million video customers. Even if you add 22 million to the Fox Sports 2 total number it still falls way short of the Fox Sports 1 number.

Are you really believing what you just wrote? You are not sharing some facts you are twisting numbers to make them say what they don't. Your assumption is that every subscriber of the other major tv providers have added FS2 to their plans. Of course the whole amount of subscribers doesn't add up because not every subscriber will have a plan that have FS2 in it. That's what the numbers show, not that the other providers do not carry FS2 in all locations. Name me one of the other 3 providers that offers FS2 in only part of the country? 

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Really? What do you think Fox is saying? I'll tell you what they and all of your customers who want this channel are saying: Comcast is the only provider out of the nationwide companies that do not carry FS2 (legally forced to carry the channel from taking over other companies don't count). That says all we need to know about Comcast Cares.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@SePokoSa wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Are you really believing what you just wrote? You are not sharing some facts you are twisting numbers to make them say what they don't. Your assumption is that every subscriber of the other major tv providers have added FS2 to their plans. Of course the whole amount of subscribers doesn't add up because not every subscriber will have a plan that have FS2 in it. That's what the numbers show, not that the other providers do not carry FS2 in all locations. Name me one of the other 3 providers that offers FS2 in only part of the country? 

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Really? What do you think Fox is saying? I'll tell you what they and all of your customers who want this channel are saying: Comcast is the only provider out of the nationwide companies that do not carry FS2 (legally forced to carry the channel from taking over other companies don't count). That says all we need to know about Comcast Cares.

Unfortunately, we don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

As mentioned earlier, I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.

Apologies. The math doesn't lie. The distribution numbers are the numbers. They tell the story. Fox Sports 1 is widely distributed. Fox Sports 2 is not as widely distributed; about half as many households as FS1. Those numbers (or lack of) are not all due to Comcast.  

My only point was that (based simply on the math), other video providers also don't offer Fox Sports 2. Comcast actually does offer Fox Sports 2 in many locations, but certainly not all.

Apologies that you are in an area where we don't offer Fox Sports 2 programming.

I don't have access to other video providers that don't offer Fox Sports 2 (as that information would be confidential and proprietary to Fox Sports and to those video providers), but based simply on the math, it is more than just Comcast not offering this channel.

Others may consider this as splitting hairs, but it is still accurate. 

There are other nationwide video providers that offer Fox Sports 2. If Fox Sports 2 is important to you, I would certainly suggest exploring those options. Those national providers and their contact information were actually posted earlier in this thread. Fox can also provide that information to you. 

Glad that we can have this dialogue here and please know that I do constantly share all of this feedback with our programming teams.  

My earlier question was "what are you hearing from Fox", not "what do you think Fox is saying". I'm not sure that Fox is having this same sort of open and ongoing dialogue on this issue that definitely involves both companies.

FWIW, I've been watching Champions League Soccer matches on occasion afternoons on FS2 at Fado Irish Pub in Philadelphia. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

Posted in error, deleted. 

Problem Solver

• 

308 Messages

9 years ago

As I have seen it with other providers:

Time Warner Cable: Universally carries Fox Sports 2, only offers it in HD in a few western markets.

Charter: Universally offers Fox Sports 2 in SD and HD throughout its footprint.

Cox: Offers the network universally in SD, not in HD.

Cablevision: Offers the network universally in SD, not in HD.

Bright House Networks: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Mediacom: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Suddenlink: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

DirecTV: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Dish Network: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

AT&T U-Verse: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

Verizon FiOS: Offers the network universally in SD, not in HD.

CenturyLink Prism: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

RCN: Offers the network universally in SD and HD.

WOW: Offers the network in SD, but not HD.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Well, isn't that interesting!

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

9 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:
Unfortunately, we don't have an expected date for an announcement for adding Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas.

As mentioned earlier, I do know that our programming teams meet regularly with Fox on this and other topics. The conversations are ongoing.

Apologies. The math doesn't lie. The distribution numbers are the numbers. They tell the story. Fox Sports 1 is widely distributed. Fox Sports 2 is not as widely distributed; about half as many households as FS1. Those numbers (or lack of) are not all due to Comcast.  

My only point was that (based simply on the math), other video providers also don't offer Fox Sports 2. Comcast actually does offer Fox Sports 2 in many locations, but certainly not all.

Apologies that you are in an area where we don't offer Fox Sports 2 programming.

I don't have access to other video providers that don't offer Fox Sports 2 (as that information would be confidential and proprietary to Fox Sports and to those video providers), but based simply on the math, it is more than just Comcast not offering this channel.

Others may consider this as splitting hairs, but it is still accurate. 

There are other nationwide video providers that offer Fox Sports 2. If Fox Sports 2 is important to you, I would certainly suggest exploring those options. Those national providers and their contact information were actually posted earlier in this thread. Fox can also provide that information to you. 

Glad that we can have this dialogue here and please know that I do constantly share all of this feedback with our programming teams.  

My earlier question was "what are you hearing from Fox", not "what do you think Fox is saying". I'm not sure that Fox is having this same sort of open and ongoing dialogue on this issue that definitely involves both companies.

FWIW, I've been watching Champions League Soccer matches on occasion afternoons on FS2 at Fado Irish Pub in Philadelphia. 

Ted, I got to give it to you. At least you are honest and state that if we want FS2 our best bet is to switch provider or find a pub/resto that have FS2. I bet you Fado Irish Pub does not have Comcast as their service provider. Thank you for doing your part in conveying our demands to your programmign department.

On FS2 availability from other providers, I don't care what math you use, the fact of the matter is like drhull posted above, all the other major providers offer FS2 to their customers nationwide, from coast to coast. I know because I have done my research since my lease is about to come to an end in a couple months and let's just say I will not be calling Comcast Movers Edge, when I move out of this place.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

The FIFA Women's World cup starts a week from Saturday, and is exclusive to Fox Sports. This includes 7 games of the group stage that are only on Fox Sports 2.

My only option in New Hampshire is Comcast and have no where to mount a sattelite. Please Comcast add Fox Sports 2 HD before Saturday June 6, 2015 so we don't miss 20% of the first round.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

Speculation on my part: I think Fox Sports 2, which used to be Fuel, will end up coming to Comcast…and throughout all systems. The rebranding of that programmer (Fox Sports 1 used to be Speed/Speed Channel/Speedvision) has, I think, been most critical to bringing it in. I think Comcast, like other cable operators, may have some specific details to work out in contractual agreements. Comcast, like other cable operators (you name them!), may not necessarily have a consistent contract (for a given programmer) covering all systems of service. Maybe there are numerous programmers that are consistent, in contractual details, covering all Comcast systems of service. (I would guess that to be the case with some of those most highly viewed from basic and premium movie programmers.) But, my guess is that Fox Sports 2 was probably more difficult when it was still Fuel. Perhaps, now that Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 have been established for a while (they both launched in 2013; this summer marks the two-year anniversary for both), a clearer path to negotiating carriage will become successful for those MSOs who do not yet have Fox Sports 1 and/or Fox Sports 2. I think the additions of anything Fox-related (like Fox Deportes) may be an encouraging sign. (Please keep in mind: this is "speculation.")

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Comcast is a business, so it's all about the money. My simpiler speculation is that Comcast, in the interest of more profit, could find a poorly performing channel to replace with Fox Sports 2, and perhaps risk a little more money to see if it provided a better return on investment. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

To be honest, I am very furious with Comcast. We here in Delaware County, PA can not get Fox Sports 2. I have to watch the Nigeria/Brazil game on NBC Universo(no surprise). However, If you go up to the Manyunk and University City sections of Philadelphia, you can get Fox Sports 2. Fox 29's picture quality in Philadelphia has significantly degraded here also. It is very fuzzy. My main problem is, Why can't Fox Sports 2 be available across all of Comcast's footprint? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here