ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I agree but for a totally different reason. This week is the start of group play in the UEFA Champions League. Fox Sports 2 is showing the Barcelona-Apoel game but unfortunately Comcast doesn't carry that channel. For soccer fans this is disasterous. Not only are they not showing Barcelona, arguably the most popular team on earth, they are not showing the Bayern Munich game. Time for Comcast management to get their collective heads out of the sand. We pay plenty for the sports package. The least Comcast could do is to make that package as comprehensive as possible.

On a similar note, it is long past time for Comcast to be broadcasting BeIN Sport in HD.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am going to keep my posting simple and to the point:

Can I get FOX SPORTS 2 here in the San Francisco Bay Area, please???

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

When are we going to get Fox Sports 2  in the Chicago area. I have not seen a definitive response from Comcast.

Regular Contributor

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

Ted, where can customers provide feedback?

Is there somewhere non forum related for us to voice our requests?

Or, is this pretty much the place?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Arsenal365 wrote:

I am going to keep my posting simple and to the point:

Can I get FOX SPORTS 2 here in the San Francisco Bay Area, please???

Unfortunately, I don’t have any new news to reports since my previous posts in this thread.

I did confirm with our Programming and Content Acquisition teams and there are no additional areas currently planned or scheduled to get Fox Sports 2 at this time.

As stated a few times in this thread, the Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with any programming decision. Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses who evaluate their costs and potential customer impacts.

In regards to posts that are removed... I (or other Forum moderators) usually leave a reason when a post is moved or removed, usually due to a violation of the Forum Posting Guidelines:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Most business contact negotiations are confidential. Once Comcast and Fox have additional information to share, we certainly will.

The collective feedback and passion have been noted. Thanks for both.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

Its time everyone moved over to Directv.They have all the channels everyone onthis forum are wanting.If you talk real nice to them,you can get a good deal, don't look like any good deals here. Sorry Ted you too may want to move on too!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Come on Ted,

These threads regarding Comcast getting Fox Sports 2 and broadcasting BeIN in HD are nearly endless. It's time Comcast management started listening to it's subscribers. No disrespect intended for those loyal viewers of the  so many "fringe channels" Comcast offers, but most get far fewer viewers than those posting their frustration with not getting Fox Sports 2 and BeIN  in HD. Comcast has to be more sensitive to their viewers wishes than is being displayed here.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I agree, its about time people start considering DirectTV. We are! Tired of the same run around about channels being added at a certain date when clearly the will not be, COMCAST TEDS not giving any useful information whatsoever, or COMCAST always playing catch up to other providers in their channel line up. This is getting to the point where it is just not worth it anymore. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

When will Xfinity add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup since they are now a NASCAR major sponsor?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

NASCAR fans are not the only motorsports fans missing events that are broadcast on FS2. The TUDOR sports car series and the World Endurance Championship sports car series are both running this weekend at The Circuit of the Americas in Austin Texas, and only being broadcast on FS2. Two internationally popular sports car series, with events scheduled at a great track in the United States on the same weekend, and Comcast subscribers didn't get to see any of it!

FAIL!!

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

Comca

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Unfortunately, I don’t have any new news to reports since my previous posts in this thread.

Costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with any programming decision. Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses who evaluate their costs and potential customer impacts.

The collective feedback and passion have been noted. Thanks for both.

With all dure respect Ted, how can we believe that costs and customer feedback have a lot to do with programming decision at Comcast? When we the customers voice are demands and instead of statisfying them, we are constantly being offered channels that as far as we know very few (or close to zero) customers are asking for? FXX? duplicate channels everywhere? countless channels where most of their programming are infomercials? I am sure there were not 5 customers asking for those pointless channels. Yet here we are forced to pay for them. But demand that channels with content we want be added and Comcast make it sounds like it would be like pulling teeth. The whole we don't want to charge you more is a joke. No need to keep bringing that up because for many of us, that's insulting our intelligence. I appreciate that you come to give us updates on what channels may or may not be added soon.

Thank you!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

We're getting screwed again next month when the Supercross from Las Vegas is being shown live on 2 and leaves 1 to have a replay the next day. Comcast truly SUCKS!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I filled out the form, but don't hold out much hope for action. I always wonder what the "magic" number of requests are. I don't think the know.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I don't watch NASCAR or other racing events, but I am however, a Liverpool football (soccer) fan. Tomorrow, and throughout the champions league (the premeir tournemant for all of club football) Liverpool have been broadcast on Fox Sports 2. Like the rest of you, I am incredibly dissapointed to not have this programming. I heard a promise about a month ago that we would be getting Fox Sports 2, but still nothing. Not good business to be jerking your customers around. I guess Comcast has made it this far while being a terrible customer service business, so it doesnt surprise me. I was just hoping just this once you all would deliver... you didn't.

I will be shopping for a new cable provider due to this, but also based on the service we have received in the past. Good luck to all of you commenters who are waiting this out. I think it might be time to jump ship.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here