ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

I just spent 45 minutes with an online chat agent who was the most obtuse person I've ever encountered.  What area do you live in, and have they announced what channel it will be on?  The agent I had just didn't have a clue.  You would think that if they are adding programming, there would be a memo on their bulletin board for them to see.  She spent 45 minutes and came up with the idea that all I had to to was check on COMCAST's website, where of course there is no mention of Fox Sports 2.  My god, they can be an irritating company sometimes.

Regular Contributor

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

I live in Naperville - about 45 mins west of Chicago.

She couldn't get me a channel number - wasn't expecting she could, but thought I would ask.

She said an email would be sent out to let everyone know the channel...etc

I could always just have been blowing smoke up my........only time will tell.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

I hope it's true! Will we have to pay more to get it? They've added SEC for no extra charge. Just what we need. More football channels! We need a channel only with racing like Speed was! They have them for every other sport!

Regular Contributor

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

Mark, I'll try another agent later today and see what happens - thought that since we'd had 2 agents confirm it was launching that we were all set.

Could also just wait until next week and see if it shows up or not.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

@ grantsa4, lipstick cat, et all.

I tried again today to get a confirmation regarding Fox Sports 2 coming to Xfinity on the 26th of August.

Here is what transpired:
Kao I understand that you want to take advantage of the promotions regarding the Fox Sports 2 to be available on wide areas. And upon double checking our system, we currently do not have a promotions regarding this. I do apologize for the misinformation. No worries I will make a report on this and we will notify you through mail for the updates if we have this promotion. KAO_: So these other "agents" were lying to their clients? KAO_: I'm not interested in "promotions". I just want the channel. I have been waiting for a year now. I don't give a fig about the SEC channel. I live in the Pacific Northwest. Marjorie: I understand that this is a misinformation. But we can not rely if this is a misinformation from our agent since we do not have an update on this from our system and we can not tell if it was a misinformation from our agents since you only see it on the forum. KAO_: OK then, I guess Direct TV, here I come. Thanks for your help.

So it looks like FS2 is still a no go.  I cannot believe they cant look up the forums themselves, and why some agents know about this, but others do.  Either my agent has her head you know where, or your agent was lying to you.  I guess we'll find out on the 26th of August.

Regular Contributor

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

The person I chatted to said an email would be sent out.

Regular Contributor

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

Like the guide on your cable box? Or online guide? Or tv paper guide (if that still exists)?

New Poster

• 

167 Messages

10 years ago

I just simply checked Comcast TV Guide for 26th and even 27th of this month.

No sign of any FS2.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

@Broni

I tried that last year for FS1 before the launch date and couldn't see it either, so I wouldn't use that as a gage for FS2.

I would think if the channel hasn't been uploaded yet, it won't show it in the guide even for the future date.

We will probably receive an email regarding the lauch of FS2, like we did for FS1.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

@markdartj

I would guess that the agent you spoke with was confused, considering she kept calling it a "promotion" not a channel addition.

I'm more inclined to believe the agent I chatted with and the one grantsa4 did, because they both gave us an actual date that it will be available to customers and it was the same date of August 26.

At the time of my chat, this is what I was told:

Margarite > But no worries, we are updating the channel now. And this will be available on the said date. 

Margarite > I can definitely assure you, Fox Sports 2 channel will be available on 08/26/14.

I suppose we will all know for sure next week.

Regular Contributor

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

I just chatted with another person to see if I got the same info again and this time they said it is launching, but they don't know when. It could be the 26th, it could be another day :

Juliet: Upon checking, there is no update yet as to when it will launch.

GRANT I_: hmmm, so not launching next week on the 26th?

Juliet: That is still tentative for now, Grant.

GRANT I_: so it may launch on that date?

Juliet: Yes, that is correct.

GRANT I_: But it may not launch at all?

Juliet: We will indeed launch it

GRANT I_: So it is definitely launching, but you don't know when?

Juliet: That is correct.

GRANT I_: Gotcha

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

10 years ago

All - apologies for any incorrect information that you may have recently received..

I did confirm with our Programming and Content Acquisition teams and there are no additional areas currently planned or scheduled to get Fox Sports 2 at this time. Thanks for your patience. 

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

10 years ago

On to Dish we go!

Regular Contributor

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

I just find it frustrating that at least 1 chat person blatantly lied to me.

I would have been fine with a "No, sorry, I don't see it being added at all", but I chatted to one person online who said that it would definitely be launching on Tuesday.

Oh well I guess.......

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

10 years ago

Surprise, suprise.....  Can't say I didn't see that coming...

Good grief... over a year and still no FOX Sports 2.  Even though their annocuement over a year ago stated it was coming.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here