ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

DO YOU KNOW IF FOX SPORTS 2 WILL EVER BE AVAIL IN 49242 AREA

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

Gee!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if there is any meaning to this?  This thread has now message #666 ! Maybe Ted & Comcast are waiting for #777, for absolution??????????? NOT!!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

Another weekend and the English FA Cup semi-final is not to be seen since it is on Fox 2 - terrible

@Ctstreetrodder wrote:

Gee!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if there is any meaning to this?  This thread has now message #666 ! Maybe Ted & Comcast are waiting for #777, for absolution??????????? NOT!!!!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, Arsenal vs. Wigan in the FA Cup semifinal will be shown on FS2. It is ridiculous I cannot watch the game. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Unhappy about this as well.  Do you get the sense, however, that we have this forum to vent and that's as far as it will go?

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

"Unhappy about this as well. Do you get the sense, however, that we have this forum to vent and that's as far as it will go?"
You are correct. All this site is doing is providing a place for unhappy customers to vent, while not tying up COMCAST employees, who are busy trying to sound sympathetic, but not doing a very good job at it, to those who would rather call in their complaint about not getting FOX SPORTS 2. You could send an email to Tom Karinshank at ecare@comcast.com, and you'll get very empathetic message back saying that they "feel your pain". Not that that will do any good. COMCAST is just trying to save you from your own foolishness at wanting FOX SPORTS 2, knowing that it will make your bill go up by, what, ComcastTeds? You see, he scares us about rate increases but will not tell us how much our bill would go up if COMCAST added FOX SPORTS 2. So the best thing to do is continue to rant on this site, as many of us have been doing for nine months now. COMCAST just doesn't care.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

We used to watch great NASCAR race coverage when SPEED was available. Ever since they changed that to FOX Sports 1 and added FOX Sports 2, we miss viewing our favorite sport coverage as you haven't picked it up yet... It's been months since FOX Sports 2 has been in play... Why don't we have that available to us, XFinity/Comcast customers? Why are you so far behind Direct TV? Please respond as to when you will be adding this to your line up.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

This topic is much discussed on the forum.  Entering Fox Sports 2 in the search box would've given you this - http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Why-does-Comcast-not-carry-Fox-Sports-2-formerly-Fuel-TV/m-p/1796282#M37517

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

10 years ago

I know of about a 150 channels that I will trade for Fox Sport2 and MAV TV

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

10 years ago

removed - off topic

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

10 years ago

@markdartj wrote:
Not that that will do any good. COMCAST is just trying to save you from your own foolishness at wanting FOX SPORTS 2, knowing that it will make your bill go up by, what, ComcastTeds? You see, he scares us about rate increases but will not tell us how much our bill would go up if COMCAST added FOX SPORTS 2. So the best thing to do is continue to rant on this site, as many of us have been doing for nine months now. COMCAST just doesn't care.

Post 609 has some information and links that I thought you would have found helpful regarding Fox Sports 2 pricing. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

10 years ago

@markdartj wrote:
OK, ComcastTeds, I read the link. 57 cents apparently we are already paying for FOX SPORTS ONE, yet I didn't notice much of a change in my monthly bill. The author estimated FOX SPORTS 2 will cost one third of that. So, round it up to 60, that would be 20 cents a month. For me, that wouldn't be a deal breaker whether I keep my cable or not. I give away more than that in loose change daily. (I hate carrying coins in my pocket). So you are keeping us from watching what we want to see over 20 cents a month? This is why you couldn't just say it in your post, instead giving a link that most people will skip over? All this negativity and dissatisfaction with COMCAST over TWENTY FRIGGIN PENNIES A MONTH? I am just about speechless. I'll tell you what. I'll pay Forty cents a month more to get FOX SPORTS 2, then somebody who really objects to a 20 cent raise in their bill won't have to pay it. You people have no concept whatever about customer service. This has just gone to insanity.

The cost would be  x cents times 21 million customers (per month)..... that is where the issue and concern is; passing those costs along to all of our customers regardless of their interest.

Thanks for taking the time to read the links. 

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

OK, ComcastTeds, I read the link. 57 cents apparently we are already paying for FOX SPORTS ONE, yet I didn't notice much of a change in my monthly bill. The author estimated FOX SPORTS 2 will cost one third of that. So, round it up to 60, that would be 20 cents a month. For me, that wouldn't be a deal breaker whether I keep my cable or not. I give away more than that in loose change daily. (I hate carrying coins in my pocket). So you are keeping us from watching what we want to see over 20 cents a month? This is why you couldn't just say it in your post, instead giving a link that most people will skip over? All this negativity and dissatisfaction with COMCAST over TWENTY FRIGGIN PENNIES A MONTH? I am just about speechless. I'll tell you what. I'll pay Forty cents a month more to get FOX SPORTS 2, then somebody who really objects to a 20 cent raise in their bill won't have to pay it. You people have no concept whatever about customer service. This has just gone to insanity.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Well, TEDS, I am speechless. It seems that Comcast is looking out for us ( I think ). Yes, customer interest do vary. But, if you offer such wonderful channels such as ELREY or BBCW, just give us what we want. I mean what is the worst that can happen, we might actually watch it? 

Sorry, TEDS, the smug is a little thick here in Indiana. I would love to watch some of the NASCAR qualifications on FS2, or even something I have never watched before. It seems that Comcast rules as a dictatorship, you know what we like and you will like it. The verbage will continue unless morale improves. You know, At&t keeps coming to my door about every three months. My next door neighbor changed over last year and has never looked back. So, when my cable went to over $200 a month, I turned in two DVR's and went to having one DVR and three (yes, three) HD convertors. My rate dropped to $135 and has went up (again) this month to $155. 

So, I hate to say this it seems that Comcast is playing with my wallet. I hate that with a passion. 

When you do this I fined this unacceptable. Can you do this anytime you want? If you can, I would rather have a contract that tells me what my rate will be. To me, it is just like What the **** happened?

I am sad to say that the customer service is all by a script, "We are sorry you are having problems" or "Is there anything else we can do for you today?" How about treating us like humans and give us a reasonable explination why we can not have what others do ( contract or not ). I await your surly comments which I am sure will say nothing and beyond that do nothing to help us. Why am I  even typing this?

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

If things do not change soon with Comcast then I can promise that this number will change to

19,999,999 customers because I will be switching providers and I have been a Comcast customer for over 27 years. Every year Comcast seems to get worst! 

Couldn't Comcast simply put the issue of adding FS2 to a vote with their 20 million customers and let the majority rule?

Oh wait, that would be to diplomatic!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here