Lolivings's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Friday, September 8th, 2023 11:08 PM

Closed

Fox local station no longer available in memphis, am i still paying for it?

As  my local FOX station and XFINITY have not reached a deal, XFINITY subscribers in MEMPHIS  no longer have access to local FOX WHBQ station.  This means having to figure out other ways to watch their College football and NFL football broadcasts.  Will Memphis subscribers see any reduction in their bill now that this free over the air network is not longer available? XFINITY's email and webpage xfinity.com/facts are not helpful.  I already know what stations I have .  I don't need an email telling how great XFINITY is for offering all these other channels(which they don't provide for cheap). 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I received the notice of the Fox channel elimination from the lineup. This news is totally unexceptionable. Comcast is all about extorting money out of these networks, and then keep squeezing more and more money from their subscribers. [Edited: "Political"]

Shame on you, Comcast, what you have done is pathetic. You just [Edited: "Language"] all over your loyal subscribers.

(edited)

1 Message

I switched to YouTube TV yesterday because of this 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@Lolivings Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Our agreement with Imagicomm Communications to carry its programming expired. As a result, we are no longer able to carry its programming with Xfinity. Please check out for further information: Imagicomm Communications programming agreement expired September 8, 2023 - Xfinity Support. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

This still doesn't answer my question as to whether the loss of this station will have even a small reduction in what I pay per month. Since the agreement expired, XFINITY is no longer paying for access to WHBQ, so neither should I.  I have gotten several emails similar to this about not reaching an agreement with Imagicomm.  None of the emails nor the attached FAQ's in the link above answer my question.  I assume because the answer is, "We ended our agreement with Imagicomm, but have no intention of reducing your bill." Or perhaps XFINITY can reduce my bill and send me a credit for the purchase of an over the air HD antenna.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

I understand your concern with the changes that have been made. At this time there will not be any change to the billing. Channels can change at anytime, we will continue to work to bring access. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

No it was not answered. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

The Ion channels are gone too.

1 Message

1 year ago

Get this resolved Xfinity!!  Now we're on week 2 of missing college & NFL football games.  I know y'all could care less if people cancel you're over-priced services, but maybe if enough of us cancel, you'll recosider.  If we're not getting a channel because of your contract b.s., then we should get some kind of discount.  GET IT FIXED!!

(edited)

6 Messages

1 year ago

This totally [Edited: Language] and people are literally changing services to roku and firesticks. 

(edited)

1 Message

1 year ago

It is hard enough to catch NFL games with the NFL selling games to a wide range of services (YouTube, Prime, etc.).  To now have a local network removed from our programming just makes xfinity TV even less attractive than other services. If you're not reducing our bills, then just make a deal and get us back the games you can. 

1 Message

1 year ago

I understand Xfinity has not reach an agreement with Memphis Fox station WHBQ, they have agreement’s with other Local Fox stations like WZTV Nashville.  Being able to see the football games that are not on premium stations is what we expect.  Xfinity is not providing the service that customers agreed upon.

2 Messages

1 year ago

I was just made aware we are unable to watch the MLB Playoffs & World Series on our local Memphis FOX 13.   I need to look into an alternative to Xfinity so we can view these games.  I have been an Xfinity/Comcast customer for as long as I can remember.  Very disappointed.

6 Messages

@user_2oq5gf​ it’s literally all satellite and cable

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hello, @user_2oq5gf. Thank you for letting us know this channel is important to you. We want to provide the channels you like to watch and are continuing to work to bring the channel back. You can find out more about what happened here

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Is this even legal?  I thought that cable companies were legally mandated to provide locally licensed channels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Must-carry

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

@hoffman163​ the must carry is at pleasure of the station. Many stations decide to not just have cable etc rebroadcast their channel free, but to revoke must carry status instead by charging a fee to carry. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

2 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity: Fox is one of the “big four”. This is the equivalent of cancelling CBS, NBC or ABC. Important public service announcements are not being broadcasted to Xfinity customers. On the flip side, Fox Deportes airs some NCAA football games. Not sure about MLB playoffs though

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

your local station either allows 'free' rebroadcast or it charges the cable etc system to carry their normally over the air programming. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

I thought that Xfinity's contract was with Imagicomm Communications which is local fox station in Memphis as well as ION channels.  I assume none of the local channels  in Memphis allow "free" rebroadcast on xfinity's system.(if they do, then I need an explanation for why this monthly bill is so high.)Your wording suggests that the reason Memphis subscribers don't have WHBQ or ION channels is because the local stations are being greedy  and not Xfinity's fault. If only Imagicomm would give Xfinity free  access, then we'd have our channels back....  Yeah, not blaming them for Xfinity's failure to negotiate a new contract. And again, still no reduction of our bills in Memphis despite losing access to several stations.  And also for sports fans losing college football, NFL football, MLB playoffs games while still paying the same amount seems really unfair.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @Lolivings, thanks for reaching out here on the Xfinity Forums regarding these channel changes. I know it can be frustrating to lose access to channels you enjoy watching!

We pay programmers to bring you the entertainment you love, and we have made a number of reasonable offers that Imagicomm Communications has not accepted.

We’ve been able to successfully negotiate thousands of agreements with programmers without any disruption. We continue to negotiate with them in the hopes of coming to an agreement with fair terms and conditions that make sense for our customers.

Imagicomm Communications is a local broadcast station owner whose channels air local news, sports, and other programming. We offer a range of alternative content that may offer similar viewing options. You can watch similar content for free on On Demand or on free apps such as Tubi, Xumo Play, Pluto, and Local Now, which includes free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) channels for many of the affected areas.

If you’re looking for where a specific program is airing in your area, such as sports events, go to My Channel Lineup. College football games air on ESPN and your local channels, and National Football League (NFL) Sunday afternoon games air on CBS.

You can also use your Xfinity Voice Remote to find alternative viewing options; say something like “sport” or “news” into the remote.

Here is a link with more information, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/imagicomm-agreement-expired. 

1 Message

1 year ago

Will xfinity cancel our contracts so that we can go to another provider without penalty?  I was told that local channels were free when I signed the contract— was that not true?

6 Messages

1 year ago

[Post Edited: "All Caps"]

This is a breach of contract when being told we’re selecting a specific package with these channels and aren’t receiving those channels agreed upon when we ordered “and are paying” for those channels. Either adjust the amount of the billing or give your loyal customers some type of new package. It’s not the customers fault that you can’t come to an agreement with fox channels!!  Own up to your end of the agreement and stop telling your loyal customers that this just happens from time to time…[Edited: “Language”] i understand this is with other carriers too such as directv, dish and etc where they are rectifying with their customers. Own up to your fault and give your customers a discount until you get your shit together with fox channels!!!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

We understand the frustration as our agreement with Imagicomm Communications to carry its programming expired. As a result, we are no longer able to carry its programming with Xfinity or Comcast Business, including any related TV Go channels and On Demand content.

We continue to work to bring this programming back, but only with fair terms and conditions that make sense for our customers. For more information on how we work to bring you great content and to stay up to date on programming negotiations, see xfinity.com/facts.

Additionally, you can also find the residential service agreement that we provide anytime you sign up for cable services here. It does outline under "Changes to Services, Rates, Charges and this Agreement" that programming is subject to change. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here