jl747's profile

Contributor

• 

339 Messages

Tuesday, December 12th, 2023 10:30 PM

Closed

FETV warning

Been seeing a warning that FETV may get disconnected from Xfinity. (Chicago area)

I then found this https://www.keepfetv.com/

Has anyone else seen this?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

Yes I saw it today Steubenville, Ohio area.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @Doglover4 thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your channel lineup. Are you having issues with accessing the channel currently? Where did you get information regarding the channel being disconnected? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I saw it in Harrisonburg, VA.  I only have cable in this house so my 93 year old dad has something to do during the day. There are so few channels that I pay for he is even interested in, this is one he likes the programs.  

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

9 months ago

I got this message as well in the Chicago area.  FETV is a free channel to Xfinity, but Xfinity is thinking of dropping the channel.  I believe a lot of people are getting sick of Xfinity taking channels and choices away from us while raising prices all the time.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Please keep FETV.

If you don't, i will no longer view your channel and will suggest to my friends that they too, no longer watch your channel.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

I truly appreciate your feedback, @user_dba545, and we do not want to lose you as a customer. Our content teams are constantly working to bring you the best and widest variety of programming possible. In some cases, certain factors such as licensing or contract agreements prevent us from carrying particular television episodes, series, or even channels. We’re always evaluating what we offer as our customer’s needs change, so this content may become available in the future. For more information, you can visit our Upcoming Programming Changes.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

I am switching to sling with T-Mobile internet. I’m going to try the 15 day trial now to see if it’s any good. You took away INSP and now FETV. And raised your fees. Once you lose me I won’t come back. I did that to ATT 10 years ago. I won’t budge 

1 Message

9 months ago

I have seen this on our Xfinity as well in Charlottesville, VA.  We watch FETV everyday and prefer its content over the newer shows. I really hope an agreement is reached so we can continue enjoying this network. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

I understand where you are coming from @user_x3ozji, and we sincerely appreciate your feedback on this matter. Our content teams are constantly working to bring you the best and widest variety of programming possible. In some cases, certain factors such as licensing or contract agreements prevent us from carrying particular television episodes, series, or even channels. We’re always evaluating what we offer as our customer’s needs change, so this content may become available in the future. For more information, you can visit our Upcoming Programming Changes.

1 Message

Comcast snake-oil no commitment spineless drivel resonse.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

9 months ago

Hello @jl747, thank you for being so invested in your favorite networks. I certainly have my own go-to channels, so I completely understand where you're coming from. Are you having issues access this network currently? Where did you view that message in question? 

Contributor

• 

339 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ 

Besides the link I provided there is also a warning being scrolled periodically on FETV channel.

You said, "Are you having issues access this network currently?" Never said there was a problem accessing the channel.

If I did it would be on a separate post. Since that would have been a different issue.

But thanks for inquiry.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

9 months ago

@jl747, Thank you for taking the time to provide the extra context, that way we're on the same page 😊. I'm glad you're still able to enjoy that network, but I always like to double-check we're working on the full issue. Are you able to provide a picture of the message you're viewing? 

Contributor

• 

339 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ 

Here are 2 screenshots.

They show up sporadically.

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@jl747 Thank you so much. I'll certainly jot down and submit feedback that you would like to keep the channel, thank you.

Was there anything else we can do to help?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Yes, keep fetv on without putting an additional charge on fetv.  

Problem Solver

• 

764 Messages

@merrymin​ did you remember to ask FETV not to demand too much for the rights to air on Comcast? It works both ways.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

9 months ago

XfinityDilary,
I believe the info at the link you provided says that the Comcast contract with FETV either expires or may expire in February. Is this what that info says? If so, is Comcast going to renew the contract?

jl747,

On the FETV keepfetv.com link that you provided it says FETV is provided "free of charge" to Comcast. Why would Comcast drop a popular network when it is provided free to Comcast?

I appreciate any input on this subject.

Thanks

(edited)

Contributor

• 

339 Messages

@Biff-Tannon​ 

You said, "Why would Comcast drop a popular network when it is provided free to Comcast?".

Now that is a question that Xfinity needs to answer.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

9 months ago

jl747,

You are absolutely correct. I expect an answer from Xfinity/Comcast about why they would drop a popular network when it is provided free to Comcast. I have a theory but will hold on to it for now.

XfinityDilary said: "Our content teams are constantly working to bring you the best and widest variety of programming possible." Then why would your content teams even consider dropping a POPULAR free channel such as FETV?

Please provide input! I am also a fan of FETV.

Sincerely

(edited)

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

9 months ago

XfinityDilary,

I would really appreciate an answer to this which I asked in my previous post:

"Our content teams are constantly working to bring you the best and widest variety of programming possible." Then why would your content teams even consider dropping a POPULAR channel such as FETV that is offered to Comcast free of charge?

Thank you very much!

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

9 months ago

Why is FeTV off now??  Nothing comes up on channel 110 Chicago area.  I have FrndlyTV and they carry FeTV also.  It comes up fine there.  If anybody likes FeTV like me I suggest a FrndlyTV subscription. They have many channels with old shows.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

9 months ago

Channel 110 FeTV is showing the below message on my box. I'm in a Chicago near western burb (Cook County). This message has been on there for a while now.

Message: "We're having some video issues. Please give us a moment to fix it. Sorry, we're having trouble connecting, etc".

Is Comcast no longer including FeTV, one of our favorite channels?

PLEASE ANSWER!

What and where is FrndlyTV?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

https://try.frndlytv.com/    It's 7.99 a month billed annually so about 96 a year.  I watch it on Roku off the FrndlyTV app. 7 day free trial.  They have MeTV and MeTV+ which is nice since I can't get MeTV+ on my antennae.    Still nothing on channel 110, if it's not there tomorrow I'm guessing it's been removed.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

9 months ago

I keep receiving the same notification regarding video problems in the south suburbs of Chicago, specifically in Will County. It's disappointing to see Comcast Xfinity removing free channels and announcing price hikes for 2024. I wonder why they are dropping FETV, which is free for Comcast/Xfinity subscribers. Perhaps Comcast Xfinity prefers having a channel that pays them, even if it means increasing customer rates.

1 Message

9 months ago

i hope Comcast keeps FETV in the Trenton New Jersey area. This is the one best family channel we all watch.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

9 months ago

FeTV is working now on my box in West Cook County IL burb at 11:14 am Friday 12/28/2023.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 months ago

FETV was discontinued on 12/27/23 in the Crown Point, IN area for approximately 12+ hours.  This morning it was up and running when I checked at around 10 am.  I hope the dispute has been settled.  It's nice to have a channel that broadcasts "old time" and wholesome shows.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here