lm21's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 10th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Discover Plus

Will there be an extra chage on my bill for DiscoverPlus. My current plan gets all the programs mentioned in Discover plus advertising

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

3 years ago

@budgie491 Once again, they haven't stripped their networks of ALL new shows.  The only show I care about in their entire catalog is Batllebots, and they broadcast a new episode on Discovery on Thursday and they are scheduled to broadcast the rest of the new season there too.

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

3 years ago

@budgie491 I don't watch any other show on Discovery other than Battlebots.  So I don't know what they do with the other shows.  But I have watched EVERY episode of Battlebots that was ever aired on any network, including the old stuff from the '90s on Comedy Central.  What they are showing now is the new season that was supposed to have taken place last spring, but was delayed until late last year because of COVID and is now airing for the first time.

But once again, this has nothing to do with Xfinity and everything to do with Discovery.  So complain to them!  If that's really what they're doing with their other programming, then they are indeed slime-buckets, and stupid ones at that.  If they stop airing new material on their cable channels, people will stop watching, and sponsors will stop purchasing commercials.  That doesn't make sense to me.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

One of my favorite shows (Ghost Nation) just posted an apology because they are being moved to Discovery+ without warning. They had been on the Travel Channel until now- but got bumped over to that platform that has to be paid for. Same week my bill already went up $10/month and a week after Comcast “graciously” refunded me $5 of the $90 sport broadcasting fees I paid when sports weren’t being broadcasted. I hope they’re going to pay a fee for changing the terms of our contract??

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

3 years ago

@budgie491 wrote:

This is an unusual situation, because no other services have stripped their networks of all new shows and put them behind a streaming paywall. Will xfinity ever allow us to remove all of the Discovery channels for a discount? I really don't care about channels that are all reruns.

STOP THE LIES!!!!

They have NOT moved all new shows to Discovery+. There are NEW episodes of "Unearthed" and "Secrets of the Viking Stone" on Science tonight (Jan 10).  And several other new episodes of other shows during the week.

I do fault Discovery Networks for often repackaging multi-arc shows and tagging them as NEW. For Science, those shows can be figured out in that they are on the wrong night and often 2-3 hours instead of the normal 1 hour.

And again, as noted, this is January. Many shows are being held back for February ratings sweeps month. And again, as noted, the pandemic has caused many shows to be put on hold or delayed production, causing more repeats than normal.

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

3 years ago

@Sixohthree_jd As much as I despise Comcast for some of their pricing and bundling tactics, your complaints don't have anything to do with them.  The Discovery Network decides which shows appear or don't appear on their networks.  Comcast has some sort of financial arrangement that allows them to air the networks on their cable service, but they don't have a say in which shows appear or don't appear on the networks themselves.

If you're upset about the contents of channel, take it up with the owner, not the cable provider.  If CBS drops your favorite show, do you complain to Comcast about it?  NBC, yes, since both it and Comcast are owned by the same company, but not CBS, and not Discovery.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Regarding the shows that Discovery Plus will carry under its subscription model, does that mean Comcast/Xfinity will remove the "on demand" versions of these shows from its service, because all the historical episodes would now be on Discovery+, because Discovery may have purchased exlusive rights to allow streaming of all the old episodes of, say, 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives'?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How do I get it on a NON smart tv

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

It appears to be a money grab by the Discover Channel, I wonder if , due to channel and show losses, 

Comcast will lower their rates? If not I'll probably have to reduce my service level.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

@budgie491  @remarKEd  Guess you were typing when I posted. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

I would like to see Comcast drop the Discover Channel. Now I know it's call Discover.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

You are not losing channels. I recorded Gold Rush friday that was a new episode.  And Discovery Plus has been out for about a week. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

I believe we will lose those channels we now get unless we pony up for the rip off

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

you moved the tmc channel so you could charge $ 10. a month more . its all about the dollar. your bleeding us dry as it is.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

That's right, unless pay extra for their REpackaging of their channels you now receive.

Interesting sidebit, I had to go to Discover Channel for shows that I watch, now I'll have to go to Discover Plus and pay to watch them again. The Discovery Channel is a joke and, a ream job.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

No commercials? How will much that cost in addtion to the cost of Discover Plus?

We did not even get kissed for that rip off!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here