U

16 Messages

Monday, February 26th, 2024 2:38 PM

Closed

"Choice TV" versus "Popular TV" packages

I've been a customer for 30 years and I'm trying hard to continue to be a customer but the ever increasing costs for doing nso are going to cause me to leave.

I could switch to "Choice TV" from "Popular TV" and save a little.  But the main channels that I watch (CNN and MSNBC) aren't available in the former.  Why?

I keep wondering in what Universe of this day and age is not having access to 24-hour news and the Weather Channel not something that is a Basic Requirement for people to simply stay informed?

It mystifies me.

And also, I have been trying for several days to actually Chat with a Real Person (rather than the insipid "Assistance" and keep being told no one is available and there's no queue to join.

That is really bad customer service, Xfinity.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

6 months ago

There are tons of free streaming news sites. NewsOn and Haystack News carry many local news feeds. Many other free streaming services have national news feeds. You can subscribe to The Weather Channel directly to view on a TV device (Smart TV or Roku/FireTV/AppleTV, etc...) It's $3/month or $30/year. You can check and sign up here:

https://streamtwc.com/

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

6 months ago

user_m1jddz 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

1 Message

1 month ago

When you call keep saying to the robot, "agent", "representative".  Agent works for me,

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_4n02ho, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

I know how important it is to work within a budget and want to make sure we're getting you the amazing services you need at the best possible price.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

1 month ago

Choice is strictly local channels 

also, cable news is dying 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here