U

Tuesday, October 15th, 2024 8:10 PM

chicago sports network

I'd like to know why Comcast is making it so difficult to access the new Chicago Sports Network . I realize the details need to be worked out, but does Comcast have to place CHSN on its highest tier thereby making viewing only for the well-heeled few with the bucks to be able to afford yet another extra cost in an already very expensive  situation. I realize there is the option of OTA viewing but why do we have to shell out extra money when the cable is already there? I think comcast is just being stubborn and greedy. Come on. get real. Do you care or not?

1 Message

2 days ago

If CHSN is on the mid tier (like NBCCHI was), all subscribers are assessed a regional sports fee, just like Marquis.  I, as a mid tier, am forced to pay regional sports fee for  Cubs/Marquis which I never watch.  I think this is a common gripe vs Xfinity.  I say put CHSN and Marquis both on highest tier and let those who want it pay for it.  Blackhawks are small percentage sports fan and I as a fan of Blackhawks is willing pay for it on top tier and not ding all the mid tier people.   

Official Employee

• 

959 Messages

user_zutxq0 Here is the most recent up to date information https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/nbcsportschicago in regards to the NBC Sports Chicago ceasing operations. It wil not be available on any cable provider. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinityShawn​ do you guys even read what users are saying? You just auto respond telling everyone what they know that NBC sports Chicago is gone

the whole point of this thread is that People are complaining how your greedy company wants the Chicago Sports  network on the highest tier and you guys haven’t even offered a credit for the regional sports broadcast fee.  Cubs aren’t playing and you aren’t showing the Bulls or Blackhawks game. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I’m canceling tv subscription because of it. [Edit: Language]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@jn2000 We appreciate your time in reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I can appreciate wanting to make changes to your account if a service is no longer meeting your needs. I'd love to help you review the account and help make any changes needed. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
A "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityShawn​ 

Give us Chicago Sports Network now or prepare to lose my customer support. 

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

2 days ago

I disagree with the OP here. I had the Bulls and Blackhawks and Sox on the "mid-tier". If they go away permanently, the odds of me remaining a Comcast customer go WAAAAAAAAAAAY down. I'm quite certain I am not alone. In fact, I might already be gone if CHSN had worked out all their OTA agreements and gone OTA in more than just 3 of the 13 promised markets, as I cannot get them OTA yet. But being forced to pay for a higher tier than I already am for the same thing I had -- not happening. Definitely leaving in that case.

New Poster

• 

19 Messages

1 day ago

All Comcast is interested in is lining their pockets!

3 Messages

1 day ago

Xfinity is trash. Been stealing money from its customers for years with bogus fees and now it’s comfortable committing corporate suicide by refusing to perform its most basic function of carrying the local sports teams games. 

1 Message

19 hours ago

The Blackhawks home opener is tomorrow. If we miss this and it’s up and running for the Bulls that’s BS. Trying to put it on the top tier just to make more money from your customers that I’ve already been loyal to you is ridiculous. Get this figured out.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 hours ago

I have the mid tier plan as well and pay an extra $10 per month to get RedZone, NHL, NBA, and MLB Networks...at a minimum they should include CHSN in this add on option.  Let's go Xfinity.  We're paying enough already!

1 Message

6 hours ago

I agree..........as a longtime comcast customer, I URGE you to come to terms and have the new sports channel at the same tier as NBC Sports Chicago was........that is what is fair

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here