hevy's profile

Contributor

• 

87 Messages

Tuesday, March 19th, 2024 2:04 AM

Closed

CBS audio issues, am I the only one?

Everything I record on CBS, and only CBS, has audio issues, sound doesn't match up. No other cable service is having this issue, so I can only guess has to be something with Xfinity. 

4 Messages

7 months ago

I am also seeing g this problem, just CBS programs 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I cannot access cbs sound. I can only watch Steeler game....l have tried all the basics..

Help..

I am an xfjnity customer..

4 Messages

7 months ago

Is it a CBS issue or Xfinity, lip sync so bad you can't watch the show

Contributor

• 

87 Messages

I can't find anyone else complaining on their FB.

4 Messages

7 months ago

I tried watching on demand and the lip sync is ok

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

7 months ago

@hevy Is this happening on a specific program on CBS, or just anything that is appearing on the channel at that time? Also, have you tried using the Xfinity app to do any troubleshooting? There is a restart option for your equipment if needed.

Contributor

• 

87 Messages

@XfinityShawn​ Only on all CBS recordings. Though I do not know if it is still happening, I will attempt to record something tomorrow. 

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

7 months ago

@hevy I appreciate that update, and just let us know if you have any issues or if the issue is no longer present. 

4 Messages

Whatever I recorded on Sunday eve and Tuesday eve only on CBS. I tried On Demand bit the problem was still there.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Gotcha! So the issue still persists. No issues with live TV on CBS?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I have been having issues with CBS audio for several years. Not streaming or recording programs but live broadcast. The audio levels between programming and commercials is ridiculously out of whack. All networks boost audio levels for commercials using compression. It is SOP in the industry. But on CBS the level difference can be from listenable level to incredibly loud when commercial starts and even more confusing the next commercial may be inaudible. It sometimes leads to me not watching CBS. It it frustrating having to ride the remote volume control constantly. No other network or channel has this issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_o699df that would be pretty frustrating and if I were in your shoes I would be just as upset. This sounds like a network problem but we can still help do our part in troubleshooting. Have you done any troubleshooting on your end? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I am having similar issues with CBS (and only CBS) with the picture freezing briefly and sound getting out of sync.  Have done system refresh with no change.  When I switch over to a digital antenna the problem does not occur.  Please help.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hey, @user_54o6cd! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into with CBS. Having a look into the signals to your equipment it looks like there could be something causing an issue there. We would like to have a closer look into this. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I agree. Xfinity definitely has a problem with their network regarding CBS going to commercials.

I think the program volume set too low because when I change the channel the volume is way too loud.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello user_206f84. Have you noticed this issue with any other channels, or just CBS?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here