U

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 1st, 2024 9:52 PM

Bring back Bally Sports!

Bring back Bally! And while you’re at it bring back TCM. You keep dropping channels and charging more. I’ve about had it! Will have to look at other TV viewing options. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

19 days ago

Bring back Bally sports!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

18 days ago

It's just unacceptable. I'll not have a knee jerk reaction just yet. Have the ATT fiber and directv stream queued up ready to go if Bally doesn't come back to xfinity. Might switch anyway cause I can still save money.

Official Employee

• 

857 Messages

Diamond Sports Group (DSG) programming, which includes Bally Sports regional sports networks, is currently unavailable as our agreement with DSG has expired. Comcast pays programmers to bring our customers the entertainment, information, and sports they want. We work to negotiate fair terms in order to ensure the greatest value for customers given all the ways content can be accessed today. We’ve been flexible with DSG, who is in bankruptcy proceedings, but have been unable to reach an agreement that’s fair for our customers. We know unexpected changes to your TV lineup can be frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience. For more information, visit www.xfinity.com/howitworks

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

18 days ago

TCM is still on Comcast, it's just been moved to a higher tier, the sports and entertainment package. Apparently that's the sticking point with Bally's. Comcast insists on moving them to the most expensive Ultimate Tier and Bally's wants to stay on the mid-priced tier that it's on now. Comcast has moved many RSNs to the Ultimate tier, except their own NBC Sports RSNs, which remain on lower tiers. So, they're being unfair to Bally's and other RSNs. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

17 days ago

Not getting the Tigers broadcast is a major disappointment.  My aunt is 95 years old and watched the Tigers regularly.  She doesn’t have internet and pays a ton for regular cable.  Then you pull Bally off the air.  This is terrible service for subscribers.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

So, I have had Comcast/Xfinity Tv services for nearly 30 years.  I am an old man who watches westerns and sports.  That use to mean westerns on INSP and the Rays on Bally Sports Sun.  Both have been taken away in the last year, while my bill keeps increasing.  I am left with little reason to have Xfinity tv services.  The Xfinity business model is clearly to offer as little service as possible for as much money as possible.

Had enough.  Moving on.

Official Employee

• 

329 Messages

Hello @kbmartin23 - I apologize that you have experienced a loss of one of your preferred channels. I'd like to look into promotional offers that may be available to you that may offer you a better rate for your service. You can also check out promotional deals by logging in to xfinity.com. However, I can definitely take a look! Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

17 days ago

Thanks for reaching out about the loss of Diamond Sports Group (DSG) programming, which includes Bally Sports regional sports networks. This programming is currently unavailable as our agreement with DSG has expired. Comcast pays programmers to bring our customers the entertainment, information, and sports they want. We work to negotiate fair terms in order to ensure the greatest value for customers given all the ways content can be accessed today. We’ve been flexible with DSG, who is in bankruptcy proceedings, but have been unable to reach an agreement that’s fair for our customers. We know unexpected changes to your TV lineup can be frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience. For more information, visit www.xfinity.com/howitworks

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

How flexible could you have been when DirecTV, Cox, and Charter (none of which are anywhere near as big or rich as Comcast/Xfinity/Universal) all made deals well after Diamond's bankruptcy filing? You're the only ones having trouble here. That's called a you problem. 

Demanding that they only be on the Ultimate tier is insisting on charging fans more money so, don't lie and pretend this is about anybody but corporate HQ saving money. You're making it hard to stick around and it feels like that's deliberate. Like the game plan is to chase away as many residential customers as possible. 

2 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ One of the ways “content can be accessed today” is through your competitors. As a long time subscriber, changing providers will not be convenient, so I’m willing to give Xfinity a short period to correct this situation with Bally, but not long. Braves nation needs access to our team. 

1 Message

11 days ago

Xfinity your going to lose a lot of customers because you are greedy. You publicly stated you hate your customers because you refuse to even meet to work out a deal. Why is it when you get greedy the customer pays. We pay you a lot of money to get the channels we want and then you decide to pull a channel because you dont want to even consider a deal. Consider your customers for a bit.. They are the ones paying the price for your greed.. Tell me in real words not an automated response why you remain so greedy

3 Messages

Well said!  If Comcast knew this would be a problem with Diamond.....should have had an optional plan way before they pulled the plug on Bally Sports. Very disappointed in this corporate BS response from Comcast. Subscription costs are rising, program quality and selections are declining. Gee, what's a customer to do????  Oh, I know....switch services!!!   G'day!!

3 Messages

11 days ago

Looks like Comcast/Xfinity does not care about offering coverage for America's Team.....the Atlanta Braves!  Hope the "suits" at Comcast can figure out a way to broadcast the Braves ASAP!!  This could be a game changer for all my services.....TV, phones, internet, etc. I live in Chattanooga where EPB is KING!!  ( the also show the Braves games. ). C'mon Comcast.....wake up!!

1 Message

9 days ago

The whole business model is effed. The actual value I receive is a very small fraction of the amount I pay Comcast every month (for basic cable). What would be truly consumer friendly, at least for most of us, would be a way to order channels a la carte so we didn’t have to pay for hundreds of channels we will never ever watch (and aren’t forced to support active evil like Fox News with our dollars). This situation with Bally certainly doesn’t make me feel any better about being a customer. I sprang for Bally streaming so I can watch the Tigers the rest of the season, but please please work something out with them. I didn’t sign their “petition” to you either because I don’t want to be their shill any more than yours. I just want my Tigers back.

Problem Solver

• 

724 Messages

@user_rlwtay​ - you are not the 1000th, much less the first, person to suggest this. The problem is, no one has found a way to do this without the individual channels having to charge so much that any savings would be insignificant. You want CNN? Assuming 90% of the people don't, the price goes up by 10 times in order for CNN to make as much money from it as it does now. ESPN? Same thing, plus, throughout its history, ESPN's owners have been notorious for making you also purchase ESPN 2, ESPN U, ESPN News, and (when it existed) ESPN Classic, and let's throw in things like Longhorn Network, SEC Network, and ACC Network while we're at it. Food network? If only 5% of the subscribers watch it, it has to go up 20x what it is now. Plus, after all that, you still have to pay the "base cost" of what it costs Xfinity to keep its infrastructure going - sending out the trucks, keeping the offices open, maintaining the equipment, that sort of thing.

Official Employee

• 

502 Messages

user_rlwtay thank you for reaching out, we appreciate you using the Community Forums page. While an a la carte option is not yet feasible due to networks having stipulations on which programs are offered with others they own, we do have some alternatives. For example, are you familiar with NOW TV?

1 Message

9 days ago

I agree. I'm considering dropping Xfinity altogether. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 days ago

Att fiber and direct tv stream… here I come!  And… att reimburses me xfinity cancellation fee!!!

2 Messages

5 days ago

Bring back bally sports.  Getting sick of not being able to watch the braves games. Getting ready to drop comcast and go with fubo.  I pay way to much with you anyway.  But when you cut my braves off that is going to far.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here