U

Tuesday, May 7th, 2024 11:22 PM

Xfinity is Dishonest and Misleads their Customers

As Xfinity loves to remind me, I've been a valued Xfinity Customer for over14 years. Well.. I certainly don't feel valued -- I feel mislead, lied to, and am totally fed up with this dishonest company. Earlier this month, I checked my bank account statement to see that my monthly internet fee had increased from $70 per month to $110. I received no emails, notices, or calls about my apparent "promotion" ending which resulted in a $40/month billing increase. Fed up with Xfinity's price increases, I finally pulled the trigger and switched internet providers to Google Flex. What should be a simple and straightforward cancellation process has become an aggravating and frustrating battle between this disreputable company. Outlined below are just some examples of what I have delt with since attempting to cancel:

1. I called Xfinity to inquire about the bill increase and was told "they can offer me a promotion for $100 per month." (lie no. 1)

2. That same day I call Google Flex and am informed they can offer me services for $70 per month. I call Xfinity to relay this information and am suddenly informed they can "offer me the same promotion" but that Google Flex has slower MPB speed, so to offer that promotion, Xfinity says they will need to lower my internet speed. While on phone, I look up Google Flex internet speed and find that they actual offer internet speeds faster than I currently had (lie no. 2) I call Xfinity out on the misrepresentation, and tell Xfinity I am proceeding forward with cancelation.

3. I am advised by Xfinity staff that they will refund me $110 (through credits to my account) for the inconvenience, being a valued customer and because they would like me to come back one day (lie no. 3). Following the call, I receive an email stating I am only being "credited" $30.00.

4. I call Xfinity back a few days later and inquire about the refund. I am assured that I will be credited enough credits to account for the $110 charged (lie no. 4). I receive an email after the call stating my account was credited $40. What happened to the remaining $40.00 refund?! Exhausted, I give up trying to pursue reimbursement and was going to let this all slide until...

5. I receive a request to return equipment - for a modem and a flex streaming device. The modem was easily returnable, however, I have never used a streaming device and have no knowledge of its existence, so I call Xfinity to say "Hey, I don't know what this Flex thing is, and I've never used it. Was I being billed for streaming that I never once used?" I am told by staff they will remove the device from return items (lie no. 5) since I never received the device. I ask for written confirmation, they say they can't provide but it is removed and nothing to worry about (lie no. 6). I bring up refund again, and am questioned and probed repeatedly, like I made it all up that I was assured full refund. I disconnect with this agent in hopes of speaking with someone more reasonable. 

6. I call again. I ask about receiving my full refund, this is where things went very south. Xfinity now claimed that "it was impossible to give me a full refund and they never would have ever offered that"; that "it's impossible to refund you the full amount." After exhaustive and entirely pointless back and forth conversation with a customer service agent, I am also informed that the streaming device was not removed and an "open and ongoing investigation was pending" and the rep stated "if we find that UPS delivered the device you will be charged $100 for the device.

While it may be reassuring to hear you're a valued xfinity customer, we are here to help... please don't fall for that nonsense... you're a "valued" customer until the second you end the service - then you're mercilessly punished. 

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

5 months ago

Hi there! We never want this to be your experience and assure you that we are not in the buisness of purposely misleading and apologize this has been your experience. I would love to take a closer look at the promised credits and device return issues. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems.  

11 Messages

will it be you? or some other chatbot who will give me the runaround?

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

5 months ago

user_90iwg9 Good question! You will be directed right to a live representative on my team. 

11 Messages

It says I need to enter a name to start conversation - and you don't come up. Who do I send message to?

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

@user_90iwg9

I apologize for any confusion, I see you were able to figure it out. We will continue to assist you in chat. Thank you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

11 Messages

Nothing but crickets, no one wrote.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Hi, I'd love to continue to assist you via our chat. I see we are now in touch and for your account safety will need to continue to discuss the billing and equipment details there. 

(edited)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

All set! Please let me know when you see it. 

3 Messages

5 months ago

It is clear from these forums that xFinity is engaging in a massive coordinated fraud against their customers. It's disappointing considering that they've already been fined for this and they are now targeting some of their most loyal and tenured customers. 

My story - I was told on Thursday May 2nd, 2024 by a supervisor named Rishab that xFinity overcharged me $730 over the course of years. Rishab first said that I would only get $60 returned to me but when I said I would be forced to sue Xfinity for the rest of my money, Rishab (after a long wait on hold) came back on the line and said that I would get a full refund starting with a $500 credit that I would receive on Friday May 3rd. Rishad opened a new ticket specifically for the credit:

First Ticket Number - [Edited"Personal Information"]

2nd "Credit" Ticket # - [Edited"Personal Information"]

Now Xfinity is again saying that they will only pay my $60 per their internal policy. I will be contacting an attorney and requesting all of my communication and bills regarding my account so I can recover my $700. I will be notifying the attorney that a class action lawsuit against xFinity (again) should be filed since it seems clear by all of these threads on this site that xFinity is likely defrauding thousands of customers (again).  [Edited: "Solicitation"] My guess is that xFinity will close this message thread to stop others from telling similar stories. If that happens I will start a new thread - just do a search for "overbilling".

(edited)

11 Messages

Hi - Thanks for the info and so sorry to hear you've been dealing with this - truly such a pain. It is shocking you actually got them to admit to any wrongdoing. It is a huge red flag that Xfinity is incapable of offering refunds but only meaningless "credits." They are truly a fraudulent company and they've been doing everything in their power to get hit with some major class actions, problem is they think they're too powerful to play by the rules, so it's clear they're not nervous. Xfinity's failure will inevitably be brought on by their hubris.  Starting with the fact that they're no longer the only internet service providers in this game, actually there were quite a few options in the Bay Area when I transferred providers. This fraud has got to stop!

1 Message

3 months ago

I have had the exact same horrible deceitful experiences. Three months in a row. They are the worst internet company on the planet!  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello there user_3k33b8 thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our team and we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a DM so our team can see how to help. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 

2 Messages

29 days ago

I was promised 2000mbs and unlimited data, plus Xumo streaming package with Peacock, MAX, NetFlix, and AppleTV+. The xfinity representative gave me exact numbers for upcoming charges: Sept $153.83, Oct $152.83, and Nov $152.83. They sent the Xumo streaming box quickly, and I thought that I was good.  Then I had to spend over 4 hours because MAX didn't work.  I dealt with 5 or more agents in India, then escalated to the Philappines 3 times.  After all the aggravation, MAX came online.  Then xfinity sent me an "Updated Service Order" for $172.57.  Oh, and also, my internet speed has been between 850 and 994 mbs, far below the promised speed.  After all of this torture, given how the company is not honoring their agreements, building a firewall between customers and customer service, after 24 years and 3 months as a customer, I am done being treated this way.  I am going to head over to their store, and if they don't sort it out quickly, I am going to terminate all services. Worst experience that I have ever had as a consumer.  They have no shame.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_1la25p Thank you so much for sharing your experience. This is not at all what you should expect for support or service. If you are not getting the speeds you should there may be an underlying issue I would be more than happy to check the info for you and make sure you have the best offer that includes MAX. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

2 Messages

After being dropped and not helped by 4-5 different agents in India, I finally called, and was able to speak to a live person (after breaking through the Xfinity customer firewalls).  I think that they were hoping for me to just give up and go away.  The key was to call 1-800-Xfinity and work through the annoying AI Assistant to get to live human being.  Xfinity actually put in fake keystroke sound effects, like we are meant to believe that the dumb AI Assistant that does nothing but try to route you again and again to the website is furiously working to assist you.  Anyway, I was finally able to get someone live on the line who sorted this out.  I believe that she was in the Philippines.  Anyway, although after such abuse and dishonesty, I should return everything and move to Verizon Fios, since it finally appears to be fixed, I am going to see how it goes. I hope that competitors muscle their way into these markets so that competition can weed out such greedy, complacent, cynical, abusive, horrible companies.  

5 Messages

6 days ago

Xfinity has also sold me similar lies and they hide specific terms of promotions so that they can get you into a contract and then cancel the promotion later on a technicality on something as little as transferring a number vs. getting issued a new number with their mobile service. This costs the customer hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands of dollars that they are forced to pay that they never actually agreed to paying.

[Edited: "Solicitation"]. I was a loyal customer for years but now I am taking my business elsewhere.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

MikaelD  Hello there! Thank you so much for using our Forums and we are sorry to hear about your experiance. We are here to work with you and help to make sure you get the help you need. Can you please send us a DM with your name and address to get started? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here