U

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 14th, 2024 5:11 AM

Significant increase to Internet bill in 2024

In February of 2024 my Internet only bill went from 76.00 a month to 95.00 a month.  This is a significant increase with no explanation.   I believe I'm on the lowest speed plan now.  It's impossible to get anyone to chat with on the AI chat.  How can I speak/chat with a real person about this?  If I can't get this resolved I will need to switch to TMobile or one of the other providers in my area.

3 Messages

3 months ago

Is anyone else having trouble sending a direct message? There is no"direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page) or "New message" (pencil and paper) icon. The only icon next to the bell is the user icon.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello user_ons3th, we ask that customers first create a public post describing their concern or request before sending direct messages. Sending an unsolicited DM is considered a violation of Forum Guidelines. Have you already created a post? Or do you have a concern related to this post? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Hi,

Yes, my bill went up an extra >$30 without notice shortly after I already added on an extra $30 service for no data cap. I haven't been able to get through to any customer service reps through the chat bot. I am considering switching providers due to price hikes and lack of current reasonable promotions for longstanding customers.  Is the current price really the best Xfinity can do right now?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_ons3th, I appreciate the details and context to get us on the same page. We certainly don't want to see you leave, so thank you for giving me a chance to turn things around. It could be that your last promotion rolled off at an anniversary date, but I won't be able to determine that until we find your account. Let's work together and see what options are avialble. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? The detailed steps to direct message us are listed below. If you're not able to view that DM icon, can you confirm if you're signed in?

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

Hello,

I have the same issue as everyone else on this thread. My Xfinity bill just jumped from $39.99 to $69.99 which is a 75% increase.

I am signed into this forum but I do not see any Direct Message icon in the upper right (I am using Firefox).  I see a pastel green "U" icon with my profile, etc. and a bell but that is it.

I thought $39.99 was an acceptable charge for the asymmetric internet service I got. $69.99 is a ripoff.

--Doug

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_bjeud4 Thank you for contacting us through our Xfinity Community Forum. I'm glad to assist you in reviewing your billing and exploring any new promotions together. To begin, please log out of your profile, clear your cache and cookies, and then log back in. Follow the steps below to send a direct message. Thank you.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

2 months ago

Mine increased from 50 to 100. We aren't budgeted for that increase and had no warning of it. I would like to speak to someone who can assist in reworking my service to lower the cost of the bill.

Official Employee

• 

444 Messages

Hey there, @user_gxv61z. Our Xfinity monthly statements have come a long way with the respect of transparency. Any upcoming changes or expirations on promotions are outlined on your statement each month and will let you know when the promotion is expected to fall off. Have you had the opportunity to check out our plan builder? Once logged in, you'll be presented with your area's current promotions and options. You can select the plan and equipment that meets your needs and budget with a few clicks! 

1 Message

2 months ago

My bill get increased From 30 to 66 without any notification, I am switching to another provider which cost 25$ same speed

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_jrqtbu We truly value your business and I would love to see if we can help you find a new promotional rate. 

Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support. 

To send a direct message:
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

30.7K Messages

@user_jrqtbu​ 

My bill get increased From 30 to 66 without any notification, I am switching to another provider which cost 25$ same speed

The notification is in your billing statement which you should look at every month.  Had you done that you would have seen the notice that your bill was going to increase.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

2 Messages

2 months ago

Hello, my bill increased by $40 without notifying me effectively - I dug into the pdf statements and finally found the information on the LAST PAGE of the pdf statement from the month before the increase. If I can't lower my bill, I will be canceling xfinity. I tried to find the "direct message" icon that has been referenced in this forum post, but I can't find it anywhere. Can an xfinity support human please message me directly about this issue?

Official Employee

• 

656 Messages

Thank you so much for sharing those details with us, user_6aivgz! I am sorry to hear about the experience with attempting to send us a Direct Message. Have you attempted to clear your cache and cookies on your browser? Once that is completed, can you attempt to sign in to the Forums and follow the direct message steps? 

2 Messages

@XfinityAdrienne​ Thanks for the quick response. The direct message icon has now appeared! I will send a message through that system.

Official Employee

• 

656 Messages

I am so happy that did the trick for you, user_6aivgz! We look forward to speaking with you very soon! 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Totally under control they know the parties about to be over for them so they're getting every dime they can out of us, very bad business practice they're just [Edited: Language] on us, Scott

(edited)

2 Messages

2 months ago

My bill doubled too, from $55 to $107!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to our team here @user_0fmnsg. I will be happy to check on any options we have for your service from here for you. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

2 months ago

My internet bill just tripled. I called and the best that they could do would be a charge that was double what I was paying...plus I had to take a downgrade in speed. 

Now I can barely login to the Xfinity website.

My salary hasn't changed gone up in the last couple years. I am not one to jump providers...until now.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello! 😊 Thank you for reaching out to Comcast. We understand that dealing with bill increases can be frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced. Our dedicated team of Billing professional are here to assist you.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Messages

1 month ago

My bill has nearly doubled without any prior notification. I've been a loyal customer for years, but this is unacceptable. It's time to switch providers.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_nmfu85 Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for reaching out so we can look for a new promotion you love :). Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Expert

• 

30.7K Messages

@user_nmfu85​ 

My bill has nearly doubled without any prior notification. I've been a loyal customer for years, but this is unacceptable. It's time to switch providers.

The notification was in your billing statement on page 4 either the month prior or the month prior to that.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

1 Message

1 month ago

Our service jumped from $65 to $104 per month! This is absolutely ridiculous. No warning, our paperwork never mentioned anything about a "promotion". This is nothing but a scam. We are absolutely going to be looking into a new provider based on this behavior. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_0zd6br, and thank you! We really appreciate you being a member of the Comcast Family! Our team would be happy to assist you in finding a new promotional rate for your services. We offer our everyday pricing as well, but they would be higher than the cost of our promotions. Your bill statement will include a message that lets you know the dollar amount of the promotional discount you’re getting, how long you’ll have that pricing, and when it will end. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

2 Messages

1 month ago

My bill was increased by 100% per month without any prior notice! This is outrageous. This is a scam and after being a loyal customer for years you thank me this way? New customers can get lower rates but existing customers don’t matter?. We will definitely be exploring other providers due to this behavior.

1 Message

1 month ago

Hello, my monthly fee increased by $20 this month. I already experienced a fee increase last year when my promotion ended so I did not expect another fee increase this year. I am a student without income so I will have to switch to TMobile unless my fee can be reduced back to what I have budgeted for.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and we would love to work with you on your plan. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address to get started. 

1 Message

24 days ago

I agree! My bill was 120 and it increased to 160! I don’t see any extra charges!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @muvamedusa, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. I understand the concern when the bill is not the amount you expected, and I'd like to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

2 Messages

5 days ago

I just had a similar increase. My bill went from $60/mo (for "Connect More" speed) to $81/mo, with no explanation and no change in service. I have, however, noticed a substantial lag in internet speed over the past month, and I attribute that to my ISP, since I am very diligent about maintaining my laptop's security and performance.

This is just another sign of Comcast's attempt to squeeze more money out of its subscribers, for BASIC internet services.

This comment has been converted into a post

2 Messages

I had a similar experiance.  We went with a no contract $50/month.  It now doubled to $101.51.  Everything seems the same but the way they charge changed and without a real notice.  A note at the end of the bill when we have texting, email, and messaging is a cop-out.  When I have an appointment with a doctor or exercise, they ping all of my contact method everytime and sometimes multiple times.  That is what customer service would look like if the customer was your first thought.  They have a monopoly and they act like it.  The municipality allows them to behave this way with out recourse.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @user_kksb20 Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the increase in your bill. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message":
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here