U

Thursday, August 8th, 2024 3:49 PM

Bill Increase and Speed Concern

I just had a similar increase. My bill went from $60/mo (for "Connect More" speed) to $81/mo, with no explanation and no change in service. I have, however, noticed a substantial lag in internet speed over the past month, and I attribute that to my ISP, since I am very diligent about maintaining my laptop's security and performance.

This is just another sign of Comcast's attempt to squeeze more money out of its subscribers, for BASIC internet services.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hey there, @user_h7lroa! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment with your shared concerns on this user's post. We've converted your comment into its own post to ensure we properly and thoroughly address any and all questions you may have.

Regarding the bill increase, have you recently checked out our Plan Builder by chance? You may also try shopping our Xfinity Deals online (just make sure to click "Sign in here" first) or simply log in to My Account and you can manage your services that way!

Regarding the speed issues, what troubleshooting have you attempted so far? I find these Connection Troubleshooting Tips to be a great place to start. Let us know if this helps, or if you still need assistance with the account in any way. Our Digital Care Team remains here to support you and your household however we can!

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

1 month ago

@user_h7lroa 

I just had a similar increase. My bill went from $60/mo (for "Connect More" speed) to $81/mo, with no explanation and no change in service. I have, however, noticed a substantial lag in internet speed over the past month, and I attribute that to my ISP, since I am very diligent about maintaining my laptop's security and performance.

This is just another sign of Comcast's attempt to squeeze more money out of its subscribers, for BASIC internet services.

Any changes to your bill or to your plan can be found on your billing statement.

2 Messages

That's just it, THERE WAS NO CHANGE! There was no advanced notice of any change either, which makes me think they just arbitrarily upped the cost of their 300Mbps service. Now, I get to downgrade my speed to pay the exact same amount! On top of that, their customer service has not gotten much better in the past 20 years, so I will just be moving to another ISP in the near future....one with better speeds, better service, and better support.

[Edit: Language] COMCAST!!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Very sorry to hear that we are losing you as a customer user_h7lroa. Please know that your satisfaction and confidence is always our top priority. Thank you very much for all of your time through this process. I hope you have a good rest of your day. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here