rufus97's profile

Contributor

• 

111 Messages

Monday, January 2nd, 2023 10:10 PM

Closed

rate increase for january 2023

Our bill for TV/internet will now be $13 a month more.  We're already paying a ridiculous amount for a high speed internet that we don't need, email that doesn't work right, TV that gets a lot of pixels and freezes or loses sound, and a lot of channels that we never watch.  We're very long time customers.  Xfinity should do something to retain us.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

2 years ago

For me, the Broadcast TV fee, Regional Sports Fee, Cable Box Fee and other fees were going up, like they do every year, and I only watch a select few channels and the way the channels are grouped, I have to subscribe to the Ultimate Tier just for one or two channels I want to watch. I finally looked at my bill and decided to cut the cord and go with YouTube TV. I still have Comcast internet though as there is no other internet option in my area.

Comcast doesn't care. A record number of people are cutting the cord every year, not just with Comcast, but rates still go up. There are other options for TV, just do your research and find out what fits best for you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@ki1o​ I recently cut the cord and left fios. Decided to stream and pick our channels ala carte'. T-Mobile has home Internet for $55 a month, so we basically bundled Hulu, netflix, and a few others for a total of $129.53. However I found it tiresome keeping up with multiple payments to various sources just to watch television(most importantly the internet speeds were subpar) So I figured lets give Xfinity a try. We chose a phone,internet, and a "basic cable" package  which was roughly $148 . Our main issue now is that the "basic cable package" is basically only around 10 watchable channels all local which I could access for FREE with a $20 antenna....Why is Xfinity charging its customers $50 for what equates to be free TV?

We attempted to "upgrade" for a few more channels(true basic cable) and we were quoted a price of $191 and some odd cents for this. We will be downgrading from the 10 local channels of FREE tv that we curremtly are being charged for to just internet and phone for roughly around $103 a month. This is our 4th day with Xfinity and we will almost certainly be downgrading our plan to just phone and internet.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

@Cordcutterrevolutionist​ My last reply got edited for a solicitation and being inflammatory, so I will try to reword it. 

You came from FIOS, went to T-Mobile and now Xfinity for internet. By reading your post, price is the main issue you are having with Xfinity right now and you have only been with them for 4 days. What I would do is go online and do research on different providers in your area to see what they offer. Also, see if their internet has caps, as Xfinity has a 1.2 Terabyte cap and for an additional $30 you can go unlimited. Other providers may have no caps for no additional fee. Do your research and find out what is the best fit for you. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

@ki1o 

As a customer myself I am always concerned with my bill and how my services are working 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityOrlandoM​ 

Hi.

You've posted that link a number of times in other threads.

You need to test your link before providing it.

There is a 404 error when that link it clicked.

That indicates that either your link is broken, or there is no such webpage.

Please correct that and give the functioning link.

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

111 Messages

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM Right now I am using YouTube TV and couldn't be happier. I did do a DM with @Xfinity Support  for a new customer promotion for internet only, but the best I was offered was the existing customer rate of $77 after the $5 auto pay discount for using a credit card, (I'm not giving Comcast my checking account number). I guess Comcast doesn't do promotions for internet only. If I could get AT&T Fiber, my internet bill would be cut in half.

@ttomet You need to be signed in for that link to work. If you're not signed in, you will get that error message.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@ki1o Thanks for those details. If you would like us to take a look on our end do see what is available for internet only, we would be happy to do so. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

@XfinityAbbie   The last DM I did was December 18th when I still had TV but was looking to go internet only. The best price I was given was $77 which is what I am paying now for 200MB down. I believe at the time the new customer discount was about $40 for the same internet plan for a year.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

It's getting to that point' for us too with our bill going to OVER $300 a month now with this update... and with @Xfinity Support not publicly listing pricing, it's hard to check for options as their link for '"change plan" never has worked and purposefully directs you to call/chat where they will act like car salesman's.... I know a lot of people that went other routes and pay a 3rd of that, using ruku or like services... I have a few channels/shows I watch, but the money it costs now is outweighing the service I get/use. 

Best of luck to you rufus', we feel your pain'.... 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@bandiworld Hello! We are very sorry you're not having a good experience with us and we can certainly take a look at your current promotion and see what we can do for you. We will need you to send us a Private Message with your full name and address to continue further with you. Here are some instructions on how to send us a PM in case you need them:

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Also, our pricing is not posted publicly since our rates can vary depending on the market you live in. Our prices can also vary based on new/existing customers, but we do try and remain competitive to ensure you are getting the best value every month. Please PM us when you can. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM​ , Northeast Region BTW.... When I am "signed-in" to my xfinity account, and use the xfinity link "change plan" to manage/change account, I am taken to a page which states "Customize your Plan" and lists my existing service/s plan and has links to change these aspects... however when clinking on these links I am redirected with "We're sorry. Please contact us and one of our friendly and knowledgeable representatives can help" with a "chat with xfinity" link, however when I used the link provided, I was redirected to another chat link in which the person then quoted me even higher price then I have now. If I am signed into my account, the screen lists my current plan, and has a link to change them, then why would my options not be displayed or available... makes no sense with the web page giving said options. 

Ideally I would like to remove all premium channels and  1 tv box which hasn't been utilized, keeping 185+ channels, Netflicks, standard HD, X1DVR and 2 extra tv boxes, Gig+, and Home phone line... but without knowing the current available plans or options, there is no way to even make a decision or decide on a direction without what feels like a high pressure sales-pitch from xfinity phone/chat without knowing all my options. 

I appreciate your reply, I will try your link this time to get better service I hope. 

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

PM sent as directed @XfinityBenjaminM ..... 

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Same here - noticed the rate jump with the latest statement. Frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @thomas271 thank you for using our Forums as a tool to get in contact with our Xfinity Support Team. We are sorry to hear about the email you are getting, and we are happy to verify the status of your modem with our service. Please go to https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/#unauth and insert your modem details to verify if it meets the eligibility or not. If you have any issues accessing the site or anything do not hesitate to let us know. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Well - I tried to get a better rate but it didn't work 🙁 I was offered a cheaper rate, but then when we added back on the things included now which are extra in the new plan, I was going to pay more. sigh. 

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@thomas271 I would be happy to do an accout review wit you to look into the options. Can you send us a direct message.

To send a direct message:

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Just not sure how this is really ethical. If you rent an apartment your rent can't be raised in the middle of a lease. Nobody expects small hidden print (if that is the defense here) stating this is acceptable, nor are the customer service reps chomping at the bit to tell you of possible rate hikes in the middle of your contract. This is not right, especially since it is not an option to look for these services elsewhere without fines/penalties. Not cool, Xfinity.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I will be more than happy to take a look at your account, @user_6fc276. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

How about you guys just call me if you truly want to discuss this? It isn't like you don't have my number on file. Or how about you leave a direct number for me to call? Or text it to me?  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

You can surely give us a call if you prefer to work over the phone. If you'd like a direct number, you can always reach us at 1-800-XFINITY. We do work primarily over public posts and direct messaging here on Forums, but we are happy to help. My team is also online 24/7, so you can send a message when you're ready. @user_6fc276

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Or simply credit back the rate increases on my boxes for the past 4 months. My point is if Xfinity wants to raise the rates of rented equipment that is fine. When contracts expire, raise the rates. Or charge the new rates for new customers. But don't raise them in the middle of current contracts, if not current long term customer contracts. That is not right.  

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

Whenever a promotional agreement is entered into, it is stipulated in the approval process that equipment fees may change during the course of the promotion. The promotional pricing, unless stated otherwise, covers the cost of services, not equipment and other taxes and fees.

To get into more detailed billing information, we would need to get information from you that we wouldn't ask for in a public post. If you would like to continue here, please send us a direct message. Thank you, @user_6fc276!

To send a direct message [private message]:

•    Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •    Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •    The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •    - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •    - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •    Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •    Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My bill has nearly doubled over the last year with rate increases of nearly $50 over the last two months. I am thinking about just switching over to youtubetv as it has to be cheaper than this.

Official Employee

• 

961 Messages

Hi @user_60f1d1, Thanks for coming to our community with your bill concerns. I am happy to go over your bill, account and see what options we have to lower your bill.

Can you please DM me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?

Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

111 Messages

@user_60f1d1​ 

I've had several people suggest we switch to YouTube.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same problem The bill is really to much for the service you get. Let see I have TV, Phone & internet it almost $300 with the rate increases. I have really no pay channels. Basically basic TV channels. So what almost 2/3 cost is to watch basic TV. There was one time I was in Walmart and Comcast was there. I walk up to the guy and ask if there was any way to get a better deal. OK Right by the time he got done it was going cost me even more money. Have been with them over 30 yrs. Started in this are Blaze-net, Suscom & then Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @dmdilks. I would be happy to explore any options we have to lower your monthly costs. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I totally agree but I also know they'll do nothing. 

Contributor

• 

111 Messages

@badjohn​ 

Sadly, that's true.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

Well they did help a little and with some other things I'm doing. My bill will drop all most $70 to $80. You don't need the little boxes if have newer smart TV's. You can add the Stream App to it. Own your own cable modem. Now I can drop another $30 by getting rid of the phone service. Believe this or not you even add the App to control your X1 TV cable box to your cell phone. You can rid of the remote for that X1 box.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

I replace the Cable modem today to save some money was that a total nightmare. It was activated and the phone part of it was activated. But I had not internet just phone. They tried everything to the point they were going to a tech out to check the connection. I said I have the phone service through the modem. He said they will send a tech out to check the connection. I said again I can use the phone so if it was a connection problem why can I use the phone. This no lie he said we'll send a tech out to check the connection. LOL

I said OK but if I can use the phone there isn't a connection problem. I said is there something I had to do with modem? Because every time I tried to get on the internet it would say it's not a secure connection. Again he said we'll send a tech to check the connection. I said thanks for the help and I'll wait on the tech. At that point I had to walk away from it and take a break. When I got back to see what was happening. It was connected to the point asking me to put in a User & Password for the WIFI on the modem. You ready for this once I did that I had internet.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

@rufus97

As a customer myself I am always concerned with my bill and how my services are working 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Because they have a monopoly and think they can charge whatever they want.

I will be contacting my local officials concerning this.

We need competition.

I have just internet and my Bill went from 100 per month to 107.

It started out at around 60 dollars when I first signed up for this.

Sick of this!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Barrencreek. I appreciate you trying to contact us and we have many great ways to get help, including full service here on Forums. We are happy to check out the best promotions if you direct message us your name and address. 

Make sure you are signed in to forums

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I've been an Xfinity customer for over 25 years when you were Comcast.

Over the years I have had to give up services because of your constant rate increases!

I now have only Internet and I have seen my monthly bill go from 60 per month to now 107 per month!

No customer service but an auto robot when you try to call about it.

I am planning to contact my local representative concerning this!

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@Barrencreek​ yeah the prices just keep going up as long as you stay with xfinity. They're really reliable but the prices get insane and they never seem to lower them either.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

2 years ago

My bill was $300 and with the help from a person here we got the bill down. I have to wait and see but I think my bill will be like $190 to $200. I have all 3 internet, TV & Phone. The only rental at this time is the remote for X1. I own my modem. Cancel the 2 little cable boxes and use the app on the smart TV's. I can really save another $30 if I cut out phone service. That will be next step once I get my GF use to using the cell phone. LOL

But Barrencreek on the internet that is the normal price for internet. When you sign up for the service yes it was $60. The price is only good the 1 or 2 yrs what you sign up for. After that it says in the fine print that bill will be higher like $100 or $107.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

I recently was charged 18$ more a month as well here. It seems to be a common thing for a lot of customers. I thought it was just me. Was about 96. Now about 114. Its a lot for just internet. And it is pretty unfortunate that we all pay for TV broadcast fees when we don't even watch TV to begin with...🫤

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Same situation, no alternatives to a good internet and only some att dsl … comcast keeps increasing internet for no reason and the reliability is not improving so I do not see the point to jump 20 usd to the bill and no changes tk the plan. Waiting for the day for fiber and more providers and to get rid of comcast forever. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here