S

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 20th, 2021 12:22 PM

Closed

Exceeded the Number of Attempts to Add a New Payment Instrument

I got this error when trying to setup my new automatic payment method. I have been waiting for more than 72 hours but the error is still there. Also, I have tried to set up payment method with my bank checking account and my credit/debit cards in Xfinity website, My Account App and a phone call but NONE OF THEM works. The system still blocked me to do what I simply want: MAKE A PAYMENT. Could somebody help me, please?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@user_944c9b I solve the problem by going to the local Xfinity store. I know this is ridiculous but I think this is the best way to save our already wasted time. Still don't understand why it is so hard to fix the problem remotely given that this is an ISP.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @seanwu1105! Thank you for spending your time today to reach out to XFINITY over our forums page. I am sorry to learn about this experience with trying to set up a new payment method. I always like to make my payments through our convenient digital options so I can understand the inconvenience that this can cause. You have reached the right place for help. To further assist and take a look at what’s going on, would you mind sending us a direct message with your first/last name and full address? You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

Same here. I’ve been fighting this for a week or more now with no resolution.  
They cannot fix the problem through this forum, so not sure why they keep asking for info.  
And they can’t fix it over the phone either or at least not when I called.  
I’ve waited 48 hours as was suggested but that doesn’t help.  
I was told to go to a Service Center but that’s not acceptable nor do I believe that those people are any more capable than the rest.  
Lastly I was told to just make a payment as a guest….

There are literally dozens of threads like this and I’ve yet to see one positive outcome.  
Good luck.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@user_944c9b Haha, you are [EDIT] correct. I have waited for 48 hours without touching my account and nothing helps. The error is still persist.

I don't know why it is sooooooooooo hard to make a payment.

EDITED: Profanity

(edited)

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

The ONLY good thing I can tell you is I was able to use my bank account to pay the bill, just not able to save that same bank account as a stored payment method.

And still, no one from xfinity has done anything to address this.

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Hi @user_944c9b, I'd be happy to look into this for you. Can you direct message me your address and name? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Your username doesnt seem to exist when I try to send you a message.
It doesnt matter anyway, I will NOT take time from my day to go to a service center to fix xfinity's issue that xfinity is unable to fix over the phone.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi! To send a message make sure you are signed in with your credentials. 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

The only department that can try adding a payment method for autopay is payment services, but we can look into putting in a ticket to help bring attention. Thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

To be clear 

I am not trying to add an AUTO pay.  I have been trying to SAVE my preferred payment method (checking account) for use in making future payments. 

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Thank you for clarifying this. At this time, this is a known issue. The work around would be going to your local service center to have this updated. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here