6959392's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Dec 9, 2020 5:00 PM

[Edited] early termination fees

I moved for my job in September. I called a month before to start the process. I was told by three different reps that there was no fee because I was moving because of work. On e rep had me to take a letter from my job when I returned the equipment. Much to my surprise, I got a bill for an early termination fee. I had multiple calls to discuss what agents said. After multiple calls, I was told the fee would be waived. The client solutions rep even sent an email. They still sent me yet another bill. They went as far as a collection agency. Really should train reps to all have the same script. Worse service ever. I wouldn’t go back if it was free. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

Responses

Accepted Solution

CCTeds

Official Employee

• 

18.9K Messages

6 m ago

@6959392 

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. 

As a courtesy, we will be refunding the early termination fee that was charged.

You can expect the refund in the next 60 days. Apologies again and thanks for your patience.   

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick
Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

6 m ago

@6959392 wrote:
I moved for my job in September. I called a month before to start the process. I was told by three different reps that there was no fee because I was moving because of work. On e rep had me to take a letter from my job when I returned the equipment. Much to my surprise, I got a bill for an early termination fee. I had multiple calls to discuss what agents said. After multiple calls, I was told the fee would be waived. The client solutions rep even sent an email. They still sent me yet another bill. They went as far as a collection agency. Really should train reps to all have the same script. Worse service ever. I wouldn’t go back if it was free. Don’t be fooled if you need to move!!!
If you are under a contract and you need to cancel service, you may be subject to an early termination fee (ETF).

•    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and transfer service, you are not charged.
  •    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and do not sign up for service, then the ETF would apply.
  •    If you move to a non-Comcast serviceable area, then the ETF does apply.
  •    If it is an active duty military deployment, then the ETF will be waived when you send documentation.
  •    If the account holder is deceased, the ETF will be waived upon receiving a death certificate or obituary.
  •    If you downgrade service, then the ETF will not apply.
  •    If you have a Double/Triple Play and remove all but one service, then the ETF will not apply.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

[Edited]  https://wtop.com/consumer-news/2021/02/comcast-to-delay-data-overage-fee-waive-contract-cancellation-charges-amid-pandemic/

We just moved to West Virginia due to the pandemic.  Xfinity/Comcast does not provide service in our area and they billed us an ETF!! Yet I still get charged a termination fee for canceling when this is completely out of my control? I would've brought my internet with me if I could but xfinity itself says service is not available here.

Legally this doesn't seem right, and customer support was no help explaining the situation. 

EARLY TERMINATION FEE

$20.00
Mar 12

(edited)

ComcastAmir

Official Employee

• 

6.3K Messages

Hi @user_f61b77 , thank you for reaching out to us here with this concern. We have implemented many new processes and added more coverage for families during this trying time to help everyone remain connected for work, school, and more. We certainly sympathize with your circumstances, I know first hand it's not all fun and games when you have to pick up your life and start over in a new area. When in comes to the early termination fee (ETF) the fee is only applied when a subscriber cancels the account before the contract expires. This would include moving to an area that is not within the Comcast footprint. You can find these details in your contract, to access your agreement you can sign in to your account online or via the Xfinity My Account app. Feel free to reach back out to us here if you have any additional questions or concerns. 

(edited)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 m ago

I was a happy customer at Xfinity. I called into to inquire about new services. They told me the were going to lower my bill. I agreed to the change of services. The way that they lowered my bill was to eliminate all of my pay channels. When I called back they let me know to restore what I had was going to cost an additional $20 prior to what I was initially paying. I then called 2 more time to resolve the issue to no avail. 

I am now moving to an area not serviced by Xfinity. I am being charged a $230 disconnect fee because of the change to my service contract that I was misled into agreeing to. 

So to some it up, I was quoted a lower price for my current service agreed to it and didn't get it. When I called to fix it I was told it would cost me more. And now I get an extra bill and this is after over 4 hours of phone conversations. Good times. Makes choosing my provider for my venue that opens this fall a very simple process because I know who I wont be using.

Had I not changed my agreement I would not have had the $230 fee. Good times.

This comment has been converted into a post

Official Employee

• 

208 Messages

Hi there! We would be happy to look into this and assist. Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page. See you there! 

This reply has been converted into a comment

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

This has been happening to me as well. I had Comcast for years. I moved in December 2020 to an area that Comcast does not service and even tried to transfer service but couldn't in my new location. I'd been told in a chat that the early termination fee would be waived and then received it in the mail instead of the credit I was expecting. I've called Comcast so many times to get this resolved. I just got a letter from collections in the mail after another call. I am stunned at how this company has treated me. Please do not trust rep communications, and avoid Comcast as a whole if you need to move. This has been a horrible experience for me.

Official Employee

• 

125 Messages

Hey there, u/user_62e9d8! We would like to help you with this. Can you please click on the chat icon on the upper right hand corner of the Forums post so we can meet in a private message? Thank you.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

I transferred my service to an address in the same county.  Now I am getting rude, harassing collections calls from 877-606-6700.  I was told that this is for a termination fee.  I even have a bill that states a termination fee of $110 when all I did was transfer service.  It states on this same site that there is not termination fee for transfer of services.  I know this is insanely illegal.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Xfinity is a completely lie! I moved to my new home and transferred the service on December 23,2020. I canceled the service on January 19,2021 because was EXTREMELY POOR in my new place, despite I called to get technical support, when I disconnect the service the customer service agent never told me that I had to pay the early termination fee, in fact she told me that I was waived of this charge because I canceled before January 23d. My xfinity account did not show any amount owed after that and for my surprise I'm just receiving a Collection Notice from IC System which I called an completely waste my time since the representative told me that the system registered that my account was set on December 1st (False) I HAD TO PAY $105,15 because I'm not going to waste my energy and time disputing this charge. So every people who see this comment can be aware that Xfinity do this kind of things to customers. Very unethical! 

Official Employee

• 

142 Messages

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to bring your experience to our attention. Can you please reach out through private message (by clicking on the chat icon on the top right of the page) with your first and last name, name on the account if different, and service address? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

How can I send you a message if the chat is not reflecting any user with your name? 

Official Employee

• 

142 Messages

If you're signed in to your Forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so. After clicking on one of our names, do you happen to see the "Send a message" button in the top right corner? 

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

2 m ago

@user_73c709 Click on the chat bubble to the left of the bell.  Then click on the pen and paper and in the right pane in the To: field type in Xfinity Support.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

208 Messages

2 m ago

Hi there! We would be happy to look into this and assist. Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page. See you there! 

This comment was created from this reply
This comment has been converted into a post

New to the Community?

Start Here