U

27 Messages

Saturday, February 3rd, 2024 1:41 AM

After 20 years of loyalty, I'm about to leave Xfinity

It is with great disappointment that I have to write this letter. I have been a Comcast subscriber since it was Rogers Cable system and now Xfinity. I have been paying for Comcast for 20+ years and today was the straw that broke the camels back. Last month I received an email saying Xfinity is raising my bill $27 next month. So this month I received my bill and it is $304. This has went up in the past year from $214 for the same number of cable boxes (one which I can no longer watch on Demand because they stopped supporting it) and for the same number of channels including Starz, HBO, and Showtime. (Of which now they charge to rent movies that we use to be able to watch with our premium subscription or now requires you have a subscription to one of the 20+ channels which are now considered premium to watch the same movies) There use to be 5 premium movie channels: HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, and The Movie Channel. Within those channels you could watch any movie On Demand. Also in On Demand, you had a format where movies were broken down by New/Featured (Pay per view) movies, Premium movies with no ads, and New movies, then by network. Today there are Featured which is New movies they charge to rent or buy as well as old movies to rent or buy (Why am I having to rent an old movie? It use to be included in the Premium channels) New and Most Popular (which is a mix of everything on Netflix, premium channels and charges for old movies as well as new) Premium & Streaming from my services (It's like the previous section without the new movies. Now instead of being from just premium channels, it includes Pluto, Paramount, TBS, Screen Pix,Tubi, AMC etc which half have commercials or you have to rent it). We do not pay for Premium Channels to then go to on Demand to find out we have to watch it on Pluto or Tubi with commercials or to have to rent movies. In the last 2 years there has been a major switch to channels that use to be included on Demand with our package to now having to have a separate subscription for each network such as AMC+, Disney, Paramount, Peacock etc. Comcast has gone from a company which if you have that channel you can watch anything on it no matter who the creator of the movie is to now needing a separate subscription for the movie creator. We use to be able to watch Disney movies on HBO or Showtime and now we have to have a separate Disney subscription. And now I can watch a movie on Showtime that tomorrow they will charge me to rent the same 20 year old movie. Xfinity has become a fancy Roku, allowing us to watch apps over cable instead of using WiFi. This on top of the fact that Xfinity created a new app around July and since then my light switch which I purchased and had been using for the past few years flawlessly no longer works. I had a technician out to troubleshoot and when trying to add the light switch to the Home App (which my GE light is in) it says the app can't communicate with my touch screen. I've spent days on the phone, days with technicians, and days writing in to the app developers to get my light switch working again with no response from the developers and no follow thru. I have been trying since July and they just don't care. Also Xfinity stopped supporting my DVR with hard drive and so now I cannot watch On Demand. I asked if there is a way to switch over my movies I have saved and noticed that with the new boxes everything is saved in the cloud of which they delete after a year. I was told DVRs were never meant to save movies. (By nature, that's exactly what they were designed for) Let the customers decide when we want to delete the movies we record. So I over the past 2 years, Xfinity has gotten rid of the movies with no ads section On Demand, they require you to have subscriptions to multiple streaming services to watch a majority of movies or watch them with commercials on Tubi, Pluto, or TBS. They have stopped supporting my DVR and are forcing us to the cloud service so we can't keep our movies longer than a time frame they determine, They have stopped supporting my light switch which worked fine for years, or at least are unwilling to contact me and actually fix the issue, and they have raised my bill from $214 to $304 of which $27 was this month for the same exact package which now I have to rent or buy movies that I use to be able to watch or subscribe to another streaming service. 

After receiving a bill $27 higher this month for no additional services (which I did not agree to) I didn't pay my bill on time because I needed to try to negotiate the bill back down. Last week my cable and Internet and security were cut by Xfinity and today I received a call to collect payment. I informed the agent of what happened and he stated that he can lower my bill up to $65 for the same services but in order to  have access to the options, I need to pay the past due amount. He agreed to waive the late fees which I then paid. (He did not waive the reconnect fee) I was then transferred to another agent and I was on hold for 25 minutes then finally got thru to the Customer Loyalty section. After explaining what was going on with the extreme price hikes while receiveing less services the agent after 2 hours of being on the phone stated he was able to get my bill down to $236 keeping everything the same with fees and taxes. I asked if he could credit a couple cable boxes like they use to (especially since I can no longer use on Demand on my DVR with hard drive,) he told me to give him a minute to see if he could discount the boxes. I was put on hold and after 2 minutes a woman picked up and asked how she could help. I was confused as this was not the agent I had just spent 2 hours on the phone with and she stated she was with Home Security. I asked her to please transfer me back to the agent from the loyalty team as we were just about to finish up fixing my bill. I was told she has no idea the name or employee number of the agent I was talking to and there is no way for her to transfer me. This after 2 hours!! Absolutely insane! This is not ok on so many levels. I asked her to transfer me back to the loyalty team and she said she was going to. After dealing with Comcast for 20 years I knew exactly what was going to happen next, I was transferred and instead of going to the loyalty department, I was sent to the beginning all over. Over 2 hours of my life wasted. So after going thru the prompts and saying no to the automated system sending me a link the agent picked up and transferred me to the loyalty department. Then another 15 minutes on hold only to be told by Matt, that there is no way he can put me thru to the agent I had the 90 minute conversation with. I then explained everything all over and was told that there was no way he could lower my bill to what the previous agent stated. He kept saying it must of been before taxes or he had the wrong account etc. I asked Matt to look up to see who I had just been talking to for 90 minutes and let's get him back on the phone to clear things up and see how he got my bill down to $236. He said there was no way to do that and only supervisors can look that up. Just a bunch of excuses and him pushing me to cut my services if I wanted to lower my bill. I asked him to escalate the case and at no time was I offered any kind of compensation for the 2 hours of my life wasted. Then 3 hours later (which I was actually pleased about) I was contacted by the Customer Loyalty supervisor. I explained everything that happened (again was never offered any kind of compensation for the 2 1/2 hours wasted) I once again explained everything that happened, and asked if we could get the first agent that got my bill down to $236 on the phone and the supervisor stated "what most likely happened was the first agent misspoke and once he figured out he couldn't get the price down he transferred me and they will rededucate him" . I said how about we just get him on the phone to find out how he got there and I was told "it will be looked in to". The supervisor then proceeded to apologize and tell me while she appreciates my 20 years of loyalty, all she can do is bring my bill down $25 dollars if I sign up for auto pay but then my Showtime would not be included so I would have to pay for that so pretty much all she could do was bring my bill down $15 for auto pay. After 20 years that's all she could do. I asked to please escalate this case to the next level and she said no and this is as far as it's going to go as her bosses don't have time to reach out to customers. She stated she can lower my bill $15 dollars for auto pay, reduce my services to lower my bill, or she can set it up to have my services discontinued. I asked again to please escalate the case to a district or regional manager as 5 years ago the only success I had with the loyalty team was when a regional supervisor reached out to me and my bill was brought down from $230 to $176 with taxes. I'm not sure if Xfinity hired a new President/Vice President/CEO or what, but in the last 2 years especially the last year everything has gone drastically down hill. Everytime I have called in, I get to the first level of supervisor and am stonewalled. This after 20 years and over $30,000 in payments. There is absolutely no customer service when it comes to calling in, there is zero accountability, half of the people are working from home, there is no communication between departments, and they are jacking up the rates yet providing less services. Xfinity could quadruple its profits by dropping its rates to $100 for every channel, security, and wifi because Xfinity would be in almost every home in America. Instead they would rather squeeze every single penny out of its most loyal customers and the middle class who can barely afford it..

I am writing this letter today to be a voice for the many other customers who are experiencing the extreme disrespect and unprofessionalism we have been treated with and to ask one last time for a regional manager or someone who has the power to make change to contact me. There is a reason anti monopoly laws were created and it is for this reason exactly. By having no other cable company to offer competition in the area, Xfinity can get away with continuously raising rates with no justification and without providing more or better services and we just have to take it or go without. I'm about to go without after 20 years of being a loyal customer and sticking with your company even though there has been errors and miscellaneous charges to my account over the years. We shouldn't have to play this game of where every two years we have to call in to hagle with you over the price of our bill just to get a fair deal. Once the cable is ran to my house there is no overhead in sending the signal to my house. I have had the same cable boxes in my house for the past 5 years and you raise the cost on them, there has been no additional channels or premium services added and yet you continue to jack up my rates. This is simply about greed, and Xfinity nickel and diming us while their CEO's and presidents get huge bonuses and outsource and automate their customer service. I ask you to please have a regional manager contact one of your most loyal customers. 20 years of being a customer I hope would earn me that much and to not have you constantly raise my rates month after month. And if you aren't willing to do that then I guess I will be getting a Roku, a Ring home security, and Ziply. I need my bill to go back down to no more than $220 a month for the same services I am receiving now, and I need someone at your home security to fix the home app so my light switch works, and I'm sure all of us would appreciate you bringing back the format of On Demand that has the section "Movies without ads". Thank you for your time, I hope we can continue to do business in the future. Just do right by your customers and rethink your current business model. I am sure I am not the only 10 year plus customers that is just tired of having to have this same conversation over and over. Your loyal customers is what made Rodgers cable Comcast, and Comcast into Xfinity...

Respectfully,

~Chris

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I have very much the same complaints as Chris, though my primary issues are their customer service and their pricing.  Customer service appear to be only out-sourced people from other countries and nobody to actually dialogue effectively with due to the reps are likely ESL English Second Language. I am accustomed to haggling every 2-3 years to keep a reasonable plan without significant increases, but my 90 minutes on the phone yesterday was the worse call ever with Comcast.  I've been with comcast for over 30 years.  This call with "retention /loyalty" was utterly awful. I spoke with 2 (ESL) retention employees from India most likely, who were unable to understand that I can't and won't pay 25% more for internet-tv services.  I actually expected them to offer me some sort of plan to keep me because they've done that 4-5-6 times prior.  The only plans they actually offered to reduce my monthly bill back down to ~215.00- month would include drop my Netflix and ~20-25% of the programming and services that I have always had. That wasn't even crystal clear by the way they presented the plans. I had to ask for clarification to get that out of them.  Comcast appears willing to do nothing to keep older loyal customers who helped make them who they are.  Comcast appears to be poised to lose customers.   There is only one way to deal with this kind of disregard. There appears to be a trend,, DAH!

Keep leaving in droves until they are forced to change their trajectory!

Gregg

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good evening gggardner4, thank you for taking the time to provide that context and your experience on our Forum. I know it's never an ideal way to spend your time, but we never want anyone to feel awful after any interaction. There may not be any promotions available that would keep your previous or existing service levels, but I would love a chance to work with you more. Have you had a chance to check out the Xfinity website for any online-only promotions you might be eligible for? Our site is really great at showing you exactly what you're eligible for once you're logged in, and is pretty intuitive to navigate. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

online online promotions?  what does that mean?  first time i have EVER heard that term. 

1 Message

4 months ago

Sorry this happened to you. I unfortunately have had a very similar experience recently speaking with a customer service rep. My bill has gone up nearly $80 in a 2 year period, and with less services now. When I used to speak to the representatives on the phone, it always sounded like they wanted to do what they could do retain my business. This time, it sounded like they could care less if I cancelled right then. 

27 Messages

I'm sorry to hear you are going thru the same horrible experience.Today I woke up to having my services cut off after I wrote in multiple times asking for a district supervisor to call me to help with my bill. After a month of waiting and no phone call, I refuse to pay for an unjustified $80 price hike. I agree 100% with what you are saying. For as long as I can remember we had to play the "Comcast" game where you get a decent, fair deal and then they keep raising prices until it just becomes absurd. Then you would have to call in and waste hours of your life trying to get your bill back down to an affordable price. For years they would go out of their way and escalate the issue to a district or regional supervisor and see that you have supported their company for 5,10,15,20 years and would apologize for the excessive charges and would make things happen to get your bill back down to the price you originally had or really close. They would give you 1 or 2 cable boxes for free and give you a premium channel at no cost, bringing your bill back down to the price it was before the nickel and diming started. After 20 years, I'm just exhausted from doing this ever year and a half and after the last conversations and them being unwilling to make any changes without cutting my channels and wanting me to turn in half my cable boxes, I have had enough. I cannot continue to support a company that continuously spits in the face of its most loyal customers. [Edited: "Solicitation"]

I wrote in asking for a district supervisor to contact me a month ago on here and on the phone and I have not received any calls. They sent me an email after the original message I posted on here saying thanks for being with us as long as you have and asked for me to contact their loyalty department and see if they can put me in a package that meets my needs. I have had this conversation multiple times over the last two months and what they mean when they say put me in a package that meets my needs, it's cutting my channels in half or less to get the ones I only watch often and they ask if I am using all my cable boxes, if not I can turn some in to save money or switch to a box less system where I just stream everything. So in order to lower my bill I have to turn in equipment that I've had for over 10 years which they started charging me $2 more per box (I have 4) to rent the same 10+ year old box  I have not received any more services with that price increase and after 10 years those boxes have been paid for multiple times yet they just want to squeeze us for every penny. I explained the reason we have cable is so we have TV which is fast and doesn't depend on WiFi which results in shotty service depending on signal strength. Not to mention how bad On Demand has got. You use to have a section of "Movies without Ads" which was at the top and it would show movies from your premium channels. They got rid of that and now movies from all channels "with and without" commercials are all mixed together. 9 times out of 10 I will go to watch a movie only to find out it's on AMC or TBS with commercials and edited. Or I'll find a 10 year old movie which then says I have to rent or buy it or subscribe to another streaming service. This is not why we pay for cable TV. The reason we pay for premium channels is so we don't then have to pay to rent a movie that use to be included in the premium channels. The services, channels, and free premium movies has been drastically cut, while they raised my bill to over $300, up from $214. 

They tell me that they have no say in what gets played and it's on the networks. Well I would say Comcast needs to go back to the negotiations table and tell the networks if they want to be on the Comcast platform, they need to stop charging for movies on top of already paying for the premium channel. And Comcast needs to reformat their On Demand to the way it was to have "Movies with no ads from premium channels" at the top of the list. Then we don't have to waste time finding a movie only to find out it has Ads or they want us to rent it or go to a streaming service. All in all, Comcast has totally ruined their platform, the services have been cut, their customer service is horrible and they are now squeezing those of us who have been with them for 20+ years for every penny they can. This is unacceptable and is the exact reason Monopolies were made illegal. There is no alternative to Comcast and and a result no competition which keeps prices fair. You just had the Government sue Fred Meyer and Albertsons for this exact reason, to keep them from forming a monopoly and being able to price gouge it's customers. [Edited: "Solicitation"] They have outsourced the majority of their customer service as well as gone automated and the majority of its staff is working from home. With those savings alone, our bills should have been lowered not increased exhorbitantly. I told Comcast if they charged every customer $150 for all the channels, WiFi, and security, they would tripple their profits as Comcast would be in 2/3 rds of American homes. But they would rather charge excessive rates to those of us who can barely afford it.

After 20 years and Comcast failing to reach out to keep me as a customer, I'm done. And I will be cutting my Verizon services as well as they are a sister company. They will be losing $470 a month because of their unwillingness to keep my bill at the fair price we negotiated. 

Thanks for sharing your story, if more of us share maybe they will listen.

~Chris

(edited)

Contributor

• 

597 Messages

4 months ago

FYI , Xfinity does separate movies without commercials On Demand.  On Demand / Movies / Premium & Streaming from your services.

All movies in this section are free without commercials if you subscribe to the appropriate service. The movies with commercials are the next section down called "free movies"

27 Messages

Yes, I am aware that Xfinity does separate movies without commercials. I have had Comcast for over 20 years and am knowledgeable in the workings of On Demand. You missed the point.. Now movies with ads are mixed in with movies that don't have ads. And in the premium section it is movies from my premium services mixed in with a bunch of streaming services. So no you find a movie and it's often on a streaming service that requires another subscription or Comcast is trying to to make us rest a movie that is 10+ years old. They are nickle and diming every single thing. I shouldn't be paying for premium channels and then have to rent a movie or go on Demand to watch a movie from my premium channels to then find a movie and find out it's on a streaming service that I need to pay more money for. Pretty much with all these streaming services and being able to subscribe to HBO, Showtime, and Starz outside of Comcast, The $300 they are trying to charge me isn't justified when all they are doing is putting the streaming services in one location. I can buy a Roku and be done with it and save $200 a month. I appreciate you trying to help. 

Contributor

• 

597 Messages

Your On Demand must be different than mine. For example, I don't subscribe to Disney and I never see a movie from that service

on the Premium and Streaming section.

27 Messages

4 months ago

Here's an update....

A bit ago I posted the previous letter explaining how Comcast has raised my bill from around $220 to over $300 in the past year. So I decided to not pay and asked to talk to a district supervisor. In over a month I have not heard from one Supervisor trying to make things right and not lose me after 20 years, only received calls from Bill collectors. Well yesterday I received a call from a Collector named Wayne, who said my account is past due and can I pay it. I told him I could, but I'm not going to as the district or regional supervisor I asked numerous times to reach out to discuss my bill with has not called. He then educated me that I have only been a customer for 17 years not 20 and the reason they haven't called is because my bill is not up to date. (Which last month I  paid my bill for this reason and then was told they could get my bill back down to around $220 and then the agent helping me was disconnected and I was transferred to an agent that said he was wrong and he probably figured out he made a mistake so transferred me) I let Mr.Wayne know I need the district or regional manager to call so we can discuss my bill or I'm finished with the price gouging and the squeezing of every dollar out of us. Mr. Wayne then seem to get aggressive and defensive and kept just mocking what I said.  After explaining to him all the increases on my bill for example my cable box cost went from $7.99 to $9.99 for boxes I have had for 10 years. So instead of saying let me look into it, he said well at if anytime you wanted new boxes you can swap them out. I told him I don't need to swap out my boxes, they work just fine the issue is you now charging me an extra $8 a month out of the blue. The cost of maintaining my box did not go up, I am not receiveing any more performance out of my boxes, so the increase in charges is (Edited: Inflammatory).. He continued to be aggressive and told me there is nothing he can do and that he is in Collections.. So for 10 minutes on my way to work a guy from collections wants to get into an argument with me trying to justify gouging me and other customers and isn't even the person that can help me. Good Job Comcast!! You are really doubling down on your great customer service. I am willing to talk to a district supervisor if you will please have them call me. In the past this has been the only level where I can get a competent person who doesn't make promises and the screw up my bill. I am asking for a 5th time to please have the regional or district supervisor call me. I don't want to leave Comcast, but I won't be price gouged and disrespected. There is absolutely no accountability in this company. And to top it off, they keep adding charges to my bill even they  disconnected my cable. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_15a8c0 If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so. Can you try to refresh your web browser? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

27 Messages

3 months ago

Today after reaching out multiple times, I received this message from Comcast/Xfinity. After 20+ years of being a customer they are unwilling to step back from their computer and pick up the phone. The days of customer service and valuing the people who stick with you are gone.. Here is the message and my response:

"Being a corporate based team, please allow me to explain the way our leadership is structured. For billing concerns and issues along these lines, there would not be a local leader for you to speak with on the phone. If speaking to someone on the phone would be the goal, that is when you touch base on the traditional customer service phone number and request the support. We would love to help you get this all sorted out here, but our communication is dedicated to chat, I hope that would be okay. To get the ball rolling, I just need to send a text message with a security code. Once you receive the code, if you can please relay that here into the chat within 15 minutes. Would it be okay to send the code now?"
12:52 pm
Sat, 16 Mar
My reply:
Thank you for the reply. The fact that you say I can no longer receive a call from a regional or district manager is exactly what is the problem with the direction whoever is in charge is taking your company! The fact you will not take the time to have a 10-20 minute conversation after 20 years of loyalty and are only able to text, shows that your customers don't matter. The lack of and unwillingness to initiate any kind of a an actual conversation speaks volumes. I have reached out to the traditional customer service and have had numerous conversations with the loyalty team and their stance is take it or leave it and they are unwilling to bend on the outrageous raising of my bill. In the past after dealing with my bill continuously being messed up I have asked to have the case escalated and was able to talk to a district or regional supervisor who understood how bad everything was and was able to make things right. Now at the lowest level supervisor your agents are stonewalling your customers and are refusing to escalate anything and tell me that I have reached the highest level possible and there is nothing they can do. Your company is nickel and diming us to the breaking point while at the same time providing less services. And now I am getting calls everyday by collections agents who want to get in an argument trying to justify the excessive charges on my bill while at the same time telling me there is nothing they can do and to call customer service. Comcast has demonstrated that all they care about is squeezing every dollar out of us while at the same time showing that treating it's customers fairly and with respect is not a priority. I have been asking for over a month to have a district supervisor to reach out with not one call. I have been a Comcast customer for over 20 years, and I would like to remain a customer but I cannot continue to have my bill go continuously thru the roof and support a company that doesn't support it's most loyal customers. This is on you to make this right, as I have tried numerous times with a simple request which seems to fall on deaf ears. We are all struggling to make ends meet and Comcast's actions are to raise the bill and tell us take it or leave it. This is why there are laws against monopolies, to prevent companies from price gouging it's customers while there is no competion for an alternative. I am deeply disheartened that Comcast has chosen to go down the path it has. You can do better..

27 Messages

3 months ago

Good morning everyone, I just wanted to give you another update. On Tuesday I received another call from Xfinity. Once again it was not from a supervisor reaching out to discuss my bill and the excessive charges, instead it was again from them trying to collect payment from me which I have replied several times I will pay as soon as a supervisor takes the time to reach out and have a conversation with me. I explained what was going on and that after 20 years of being a loyal customer I don't think asking for a district supervisor to take 10-20 minutes to discuss what's going on is too much to ask. She replied by saying she understands my frustration and just talking to me as a person, Comcast is going to continue to add the full monthly charges to my bill even though my services have been turned off. So as it is right now, my cable TV, my home security, and my wifi have been shut off yet Comcast is continuing to charge me as if I am receiving those services. I said I understand them charging me for the equipment that I have but how are they going to charge me over $300 when I'm not receiveing any services? This is one of the most greedy, corrupt companies I have ever dealt with. I'm not sure if they had a change in the CEO in the past couple years but the company has demonstrated it does not care about its customers, it does not want to give us a fair price for our services, and it is unwilling to reach out to the people that have supported them the longest. All they care about is getting every dollar they can out of us while the services they provide are getting worse. I was told that if I pay my bill, the one that I have been charged for services I did not receive, they would give offer me a $60 a month credit for 6 months. It's a continuation of the Comcast game where they offer you a limited discount which doesn't even bring me close to what I was paying before the excessive charges. How about offer me a deal where my bill isn't going to keep going up excessively, and where I have to call in every 6 months to see if you have a promotion going on. I have been dealing with this game for way too long. Just charge us a fair price and we will be happy to pay. Just stop nickel and diming us to death. If you listened to your customers, charged everyone a set fee which is fair, and didn't continuously add random charge increases, your profits would double as everyone would have Xfinity in their home. Your business model of giving your customers a promo then jacking up their bill over and over is getting old and you are losing profits and customers because of it. The fact you are charging me for services I'm not even receiving shows where your values and ethics are. You want to triple your profits, offer all the cable channels, and wifi for $150 a month with fees and taxes instead of charging the people who can barely afford it $280. Once you have your service lines ran, there is no additional overhead costs except the initial install. After that your profits would double because the number of happy customers would double. Just a thought. Instead you would rather squeeze every penny out of the people struggling to pay their bills and tell us take it or leave it. Thanks Comcast for your great customer service! 

Official Employee

• 

739 Messages

Hello, user_15a8c0 we appreciate you taking the time out of your day to follow up. Thank you for leaving valuable feedback for us to improve as a company, I'm a consumer myself so definitely understand the frustration when billing amounts change. 

I do see we had been recently working in a direct message, and would be happy to continue back in the DM.  

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

27 Messages

Good afternoon [Edited: Personal Information], thank you for your reply. My frustration is a result of many factors, not limited to my bill continuously going up which as a customer yourself I'm sure you're familiar with, but also from the fact that I am having to spend hours of my time even dealing with this situation and wasting time out of my life writing on this forum and spending hours on the phone with Comcast. For the past 20+ years I have been a customer of Comcast, it has been the same old tired game of having to negotiate a fair rate only to have my bill have continuous errors during the time of the contract and then once the contract ends having to play the stupid game of canceling my services only to then have a representative call me saying they don't want to lose me as a customer and can offer me this great deal only after having my services cut off. It's a waste of everybody's time, and in an hopeful and I'm sure often successful attempt hoping that the majority of Comcast customers won't spend the time to call in to lower their bill, Comcast raises the rates and pockets the extra cash which is often $20, $30, $50 a month. And for those of us who do call in, we are told there is nothing you can do and there is no promotions or deals going on at the time. Then when we cancel our service, a third party consultant would call and offer us a promo or discount to keep us as a customer. Instead of playing this cat and mouse game, just give us a fair price and leave it alone! That way you are getting fair rates for your product and the customer is receiving the same and we don't have to waste time out of our lives dealing with this constant haggling and price increase. All we want as customers is to have reliable services at a fair price point, and to be able to watch TV, have wifi, and security with no issues. That is the opposite of what is happening today. At least over the years it seemed like you valued your customers and would be willing to provide help when needed and would listen to your customers when we had an issue. Today, there is no customer service, and the cable service you provide is becoming less and less. We use to be able to watch On Demand with no commercials and watch any movie that was on our Premium Channels. No you have grouped all the premium channels and all the streaming channels all together and when going to On Demand you are lucky if you can find a movie that isn't on TBS, AMC, which has commercials, or find a movie that then requires you to rent a 20 year old movie or pay for an additional streaming service. This is the point of paying for Premium Channels, to be able to go On Demand and watch a movie with no commercials without having to rent it or then since it's a Disney movie, have to subscribe to Disney. Comcast use to be a central location to watch regular TV and if the Channel was in your package, then you could watch whichever shows were on that channel On Demand. Now Xfinity has just become a over priced Roku which is pretty much just a hub for all the streaming services which ever major network now has. So now we are not only paying for Comcast service, we also have to pay for a ton of extra streaming services which use to be included with the Comcast channel line up.

Dealing with the current situation, about an hour after I wrote in today, I received another call from Xfinity asking me to pay my bill. Once again I explained that for the last month I have called in numerous times to lower my bill and was told there is nothing you can do and to take it or leave it. I let the representative know I asked numerous times to have the case escalated and was told that the loyalty Supervisor I was speaking with was as high as this matter was going to go and they refused to put in a referral to talk to a higher ranking supervisor. I requested numerous times on the phone and on this forum to please have a District or Regional Supervisor call me. It has been over a month and I haven't received a call from anyone except the people trying to collect money. They told me that if I pay my bill then they can work on lowering it. I replied by letting them know that last month I was told the same thing and was told by the agent he could get my bill back down to $220 a month as well as give me a $60 credit for the late fees and reconnect fees (which I only received $20) Happy that I finally got someone willing to help, I paid my bill and as soon as the payment was processed he asked for me to hold for a minute and I agreed. After a few minutes, I was greeted by a woman who asked how she could help. I explained that I was put on hold and waiting for the agent to come back on and she said I was transferred to billing. I explained the conversation I had with the previous agent and we were finalizing lowering my bill back down to $220 a month. She looked into it and said there was no way that was possible. I then asked to be transferred back to the previous agent so we can discuss how he was able to do that and to get my bill finalized at $220. She said he most likely made an error and then realized he messed up and that's why he transferred me. I asked again to get that agent on the phone so we can see what happened and she said she doesn't know who it was and there was no way to contact him and the only way to lower my bill was to cut services, turn in cable boxes, and she could knock off $10 a month by going to auto pay. So after 30 minutes on the phone and being told the agent can bring my bill back down to $220 for the same services the guy just disappeared after he got my payment. It's story after story of the same broken record. Nobody can ever pull up any record of the previous conversations, nobody can give you their name or employee number to reference when being told something and when it comes time to call in when there is a mistake, your agents can never find any history of the conversation or the agent. There is zero accountability at Xfinity. I believe this game of not documenting conversations or having a record of the agent we talk to is all intentional so you can get away with the worst customer service ever. If there is no accountability people can say and do whatever (while working from home) with no repercussion or consequences. Then today when talking to the agent asking for money, she also told me that there is no ticket for this case and she needs to transfer me to customer service to create a ticket. I asked how after 4 times of calling in and numerous letters on the forum asking for a Supervisor to call me is there no ticket created?? I have been dealing with this for over a month and there once again is no record of me trying to to have this escalated! Total [Edited: Language]! You couldn't provide worse customer service if you tried! 

(edited)

27 Messages

3 months ago

And once again, not one call after a month except asking me for my payment. And after I replied on here over a week ago, they are now asking me for all of my info again and telling me they cannot call. So they can call to ask for money (which they are charging me $300 a month for my shut off services) but they are unwilling to have a Supervisor call to lower my bill back down to what it was before the gouging.. And after a month they told me there is no ticket with a request to escalate this. 

27 Messages

3 months ago

Here are some messages they sent to my direct mailbox giving excuses for the price hikes and that I can turn in my cable boxes to cut costs:

"

Thank you for your patience [Edit: Personal Information]! I wanted to make sure I accurately addressed the different concerns you’ve mentioned these past few days. While we try to hold down costs, price changes are necessary for a number of reasons, including the continually increasing costs of programming and our ongoing investments in network upgrades, cutting edge technologies, and enhanced products and services. We pay programmers like networks, local TV station owners, and others for the ability to bring their programming to you. The movies and shows available through On Demand are provided by the networks that own the licensing for that content. The networks themselves control what shows and movies are available in On Demand. The costs to develop technology and manufacture equipment changes over time causing an increase for the monthly rental fees of our equipment. We always want to explore all options when it comes to taking care of your needs. Our company follows the same policies at all levels. We do not want you to feel as though you are unable to get connected with a supervisor, however, they have access to the same promotional options as we do. Before we can look at our available options we need to fully authenticate the account. In order to fully authenticate your account, I will need to send a six-digit code to the phone number or email on file. This code will have a 15-minute window before it expires. Is now a good time to send the code? Would you prefer a text or an email?
2:20 pm
Thu, 21 Mar
My Reply:
This is the same broken excuse over and over.. There is no excuse you can give for raising my rates from $220 to over $300. This is unacceptable.. This is simply price gouging. I have seen the prices for the premium channels on their own since now you can just get HBO, Showtime, and Starz on their own without Comcast and I can get them cheaper just by buying them thru them. So either you need to negotiate a better deal or us customers are just going to be done with ya. And as far as the excuse of raising rates on equipment, I understand the need for new technology, and that is why you reinvest the money we pay you in new tech. But the kicker is you are charging me additional fees on boxes that are 10 years old that have been bought and paid for by now. You want more money, you can charge that to the people that have new fancy boxes. But the fact is, since the X1 box came out, the technology is the same. And your boxes actually do less than they use to. I have a DVR that records movies to a hard drive which has not only HDMI outputs but Component outputs as well. Now I no longer have access to On Demand with this box because you stopped supporting it. I was told I need to switch to a new box which has no DVR and no Component hookups. I was told it was the company's decision to build cheaper boxes without these features to save cost as well as you no longer want people to have the ability to save their movies and you want everything in the cloud. The cloud which you then can control how long movies are saved for. So in order for me to access On Demand I have to get a new box and lose all the movies I've recorded. So your entire excuse about raising costs is [Edit: Language]. You are charging more while providing less, it's that simple. Maybe charge less and provide more and more people will subscribe to Xfinity instead of gouging us. 
3:17 pm
XfinityBenny is now assisting you
XfinityBenny
Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. You can choose to have your Xfinity cable service without a box, and use your own equipment if you prefer. That will allow you to manage the equipment directly as well as the charges. You can always enjoy your content through the Xfinity Stream app online, though it may not have all the features an X1 box has. Xfinity On Demand services are not available in all areas. If you reside in an area that does not offer Xfinity On Demand through your TV Box, you will not have access to Xfinity On Demand content online through Xfinity Stream .
3:21 pm
My Reply:
You just missed the entire message of what I wrote. And that is what the problem is. We tell you an issue, and you continuously twist it to make it to where if we don't like the cost increase, we can cut our services and get rid of our equipment.
And the reason my On Demand doesn't work on my DVR is because you stopped allowing it to and are forcing us to get a new box without a DVR ..

(edited)

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

i figured he would be gone.  you have a regional mgr. that mocks you, disrespects, gets aggressive, etc.  No surprise.  i just accepted their price increase on equipment.  not even thinking about their is nothing different with the box.  

1 Message

2 months ago

I am now too canceling my service. After 15 years. This is to much money. Also was a Xfinity phone customer and after they overcharged me 381.00 and refused to refund it I am canceling them. I’m also going to keep there phone for 303 days as that is what they charged me in time. I will then send it back to them. 

comcast your loss of 5,000 plus customers a day is going to hurt you. For me it’s over 381.00. That’s one months cable bill. Oh well I’m free. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_l1pdl1. We’d truly regret seeing a loyal customer like yourself go! Have we had a chance to look over our available promotions to potentially lower you bill?

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

@user_l1pdl1​  WOW, i need to go through my past bills.  i've read about fraud happening via comcast.  where your billed by xfinity.  the billed by comcast.  OVERCHARGED $381.00 dollars and not getting a refund.  how sick, but i'm not surprised.  i have to go through my past bills.  

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

2 months ago

wow, i didn't know their was a customer loyalty department.  i've been with them for 17 years.  first time i ever heard of that dept. That is no surprise, but "they appreciate you being a loyal customer of xfinity.  after they have treated you HORRIBLY on the phone.  PLUS, they will try to sell you a cell phone!   Yea,  "we don't compensate for time.  only loss service".  yea, they don't want to compensate for lost service.  any prior credit they use again you for your lost service.  EVEN though the prior credits had NOTHING to do with your loss service.  again, i  just figured out that their modem caused my massive problem.  so, i get to pay for their modem massively messing up my service.  my massive waste of time to get frustrated, irritated, mad, etc.  mean nothing.  YOU PAY to get massively irritated, etc.  Yea, u have to go through 10 level 1 techs that barely know anything who can't even activate a modem.  you have to massively beg a ton to get a higher up person..  all this time with the ten techs i'm saying "you should know how to do this deal..  i said i could do it myself if i had a comcast laptop.  told them that MANY times. to many level 1 "so called techs".  they know i can do it myself.  i learned that about two weeks later after full time job of dealing with comcast.  that would of save me a TON of time.  oh yea, it's horrendous.  i'm really surprised you got your  home security with comcast.   i'm shocked you got a regional manager to contact you.  i'm shocked that someone let your problem get to a regional mgr.  HAVE you dealt with their problem that caused your problem from JULY until FEB?  you no longer be a customer so this could be a waste of time.  i'm VERY GLAD that you wrote this letter not just for yourself, but also for other customers.  so much more i could say, but i've been forced to waste valuable time with comcast for horrendous service, bad equipment.  i never thought about getting an increase for renting equipment, yet you have had the same box for five years.  i hope things have worked out for you. 

1 Message

21 days ago

Same, 

I had every service Xfinity offered and like many, yield a 20+ year run as well... I am now down to 1 service. I  Wasn't aware of a loyalty department, since at one point I was even paying for my parent's services at their home. I believe paying $125/month for internet only is robbery, let's be honest. I tried using the mobile service only to be paying another $45/month.  Let me preface, before cutting out all the other services, I would call and try to work out something. I am always offered more products for more money. If I am trying to lower my bill, adding a $25-$40 service doesnt help. Let T-mobile's $40 service with trial period work... I am done with the non-chalant approach and paying good money for it. 

Thanks, 

Chan

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

yea... it really stinks.  in my area, we are out of luck.  a speck of carriers are offered in my area.  are you selling for t-mobile?  i have my landline phone along with the internet.  of course, i JUST recently called in and i was supposed to get a call back within 48 hours.  OF COURSE, that did NOT happen.   RIGHT, your are trying to LOWER your bill.  instead they want to sell you more stuff to raise your bill.  it's disgusting.  no WAY would i get home security or cell phone service from them.  you are ALREADY getting ripped off on your home stuff.  plus, bad service, bad equipment, cruelness, rudeness, games, gaslighting, etc.  U name all the bad stuff and comcast has A LOT OF ALL OF THAT STUFF. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_f7ee27. I would be more than happy to review your account to see what options we have available to lower your monthly bill. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here