Welcome to the new Xfinity Forum
We are excited to announce that in March 2021, after more than a year of diligent work, the Xfinity Forum updated platforms. The Xfinity Forum was always intended to be a place where our customers can participate in a thriving peer-to-peer community and, if needed, receive assistance from employees. This update will help us to better realize those goals.
We have worked hard to ensure that most forum functionality remains mostly unchanged. You will still be able to author posts, reply, and send/receive private messages. For a full list of feature updates, see here. We would like to call out that the major platform changes include:
- Authoring a post – The look of the page when authoring a new post or reply has changed but you will still be able to have the same features and functionality as before. The major change to note is that you will be able to choose what forum Category/Service and topic where you would like your post to live in the forum.
*Please remember that your “macro”/”canned messages” will still be set up and managed from your forum profile settings.
- Replying to a thread – You will still be able to reply to any open post, however instead of being redirected to an “author a post” page, you will be able to reply to a post in-line the thread itself. This change should make replying much easier for anyone wanting to participate here.
- Identifying a Solved thread – You will notice that when you see threads in list format a thread that has a marked Solution, it will look a little different
- User profile page – When viewing your own or another user’s profile page, you will notice few differences but all the information there will remain the same. The major change is you will find it much easier to message another user and follow users you are most interested in.
- Private Messaging - In the past each private message was seperate. Now, you will notice your private messages thread together similar to a text message chain. This should make it very easy to see the entire history of private messages between you and another user. Private messages with any user are easy to initate by clicking the "message" icon .
*Note*: You will also notice an easy way to deny any private messages or accept if you want to engage directly with that user.
With the launch of the new platform we welcome your feedback. We would like to use this thread to answer questions about changes that may have been made, as well as, identify, prioritize, and address any bug issues for things that may not be working as expected.
If you choose to help us by reporting “bugs” with the new redesign, we ask that you provide the following information.
Issue Type (Design or Functionality):
Brief Description of Issue:
Hyperlink to Issue Location:
Browser Info (Please Include Version Info):
With your help we’ll continue to make the Xfinity Forum a positive and helpful environment for all our customers.