Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Sunday, December 12th, 2021 7:05 PM

Closed

Can’t get closed captioning on showtime

HELP,
I can no longer get closed captioning on showtime with my 2 X1 set top boxes/
DVRs. It worked fine up until a month ago. This is a problem for my wife and for me.
I have done all re boots, etc. trying to solve this BIG problem.
Did Comcast change something?

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I can no longer get closed captioning on Showtime.  What is the problem?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I found the solution to my Showtime closed captioning disappearance problem - I push "B" on my remote to go into closed captioning settings, cursor to the bottom of the options and hit Reset; it restored my closed captioning on Showtime shows such as Dexter. There is a compatibility issued between Showtime and Xfinity closed captioning settings, but Resetting to default restored my CC. When I changed the font size to Large, the CC disappeared again, so I restored it to Medium (which is the default, I believe) and the CC reappeared. I have told the associates how I did it, so I hope the top technicians are looking into it.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Rep said (via support chat) that is seems to be a “showtime server issue” and promised that an incident report has been sent to the team that handles that server🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Thank you so much for updating this thread, @user-asdfghjkl

We have an amazing team that handles issues like these and I am sure they're working in tandem with their counterparts who manage the servers to get this resolved ASAP :) 

You're awesome and we appreciate you contributing to our Forum community! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Gina,

please follow up with your team and let us know when this issue is fixed.

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

I would be more than happy to look further into the request and provide you with an update! Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, name on the account if different and service address? 

To send a direct message:

Please only send a direct message when requested by an official employee--sending a chat when not requested may result in the chat being lost given the high volume of chat requests received daily. 
Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link: https://comca.st/3CniqRJ
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I found the solution to my Showtime closed captioning disappearance problem - I push "B" on my remote to go into closed captioning settings, cursor to the bottom of the options and hit Reset; it restored my closed captioning on Showtime shows such as Dexter. There is a compatibility issued between Showtime and Xfinity closed captioning settings, but Resetting to default restored my CC. When I changed the font size to Large, the CC disappeared again, so I restored it to Medium (which is the default, I believe) and the CC reappeared. I have told the associates how I did it, so I hope the top technicians are looking into it.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

I received a text from xfinity stating the problem was fixed. WRONG, still no closed captioning on showtime!

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Sorry to hear that! Plz send a direct message and I will be happy to look into it! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

I am now receiving a bunch of useless bot texts from xfinity..

a total waste of time!

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user-asdfghjkl Did you send a direct message to Xfinity Support like they asked?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Yes I sent another message

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I just discovered that if you go into your closed captioning options and RESET them all, you may restore your closed captioning. I played around with it an if you change the font from medium to large, the CC goes away. There seems to be a compatibility issue between Showtime and Xfinity's CC settings that greater minds than mine will have to figure out. But the key is to RESET.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Hi, 

We have the same issue. No closed captions on showtime and Tmc. 
Channels. Many  phone calls to xfinity.  A home visit by technician

told to get new box.  Got today.  New tv. New box. Same issue .  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello there @laineymacd thanks for contacting our Xfinity Support Team on our Xinifty Forums. I am sorry to hear about the issues with our closed captioning not working on certain channels and we are happy to see how we can help. To get started please select the "peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page), click the "new message" icon, type/select "Xfinity Support", and then type/send your name with your address.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I just discovered that if you go into your closed captioning options and RESET them all, you may restore your closed captioning (I press "B" which brings up Accessibility Settings; then scroll down to Closed Captioning Options, then scroll down to the bottom to Reset Style). I had put in some custom settings, but erased them all. I played around with some settings, and if you change the font from medium to large, the CC goes away; restoring it to Medium brings back the CC. There seems to be a compatibility issue between Showtime and Xfinity's CC settings that greater minds than mine will have to figure out. But the key is to RESET. Some changes will be tolerated like the color change from white to red, but others may not be supported. But a RESET should restore visible CC on Showtime.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I did the reset solution and I successfully got closed captioning back. When I restored my custom settings, I found that showtime was ok with my customizations EXCEPT for large font size. I changed it medium and closed captioning was restored. (I do have an older set top box (2015) that I thought was the problem. I do need to exchange it for newer because I'm unable to tune in for Peacock service. Comcast gives me error msg that I need a newer cable box.)

Thank you user_b4721b for posting your solution.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

You're welcome. I know how frustrating it can be, especially when the company does not seem to know what the problem is. I hope they can get a permanent fix to it. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Greetings!  I am a Comcast Care agent working out of the Northeast Division - Freedom region.  I recently interacted with a subscriber from the Western New England market who had this issue with Showtime and "no closed captioning"  Working with our subscriber at length, it appears the issue is one of FONT SIZE.  Our subscriber had the font size set to "LARGE".  Once the font size was changed to either MEDIUM or SMALL, the captioning text appeared.  This was tested on various Showtime programs which specified the CC logo  and various formats;  LIVE, On-Demand, and previously DVR'd programs.  Worked 100%.     

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same problem with Showtime and just because you can use the Medium Font doesn't mean the issue is fixed. Some of us NEED to use the Large Font and can't with Showtime, so therefore the programs on there are useless. This needs to be fixed. The large font worked one day and the next so Showtime had to have changed something within their settings. The "Large" font doesn't work with The Movie Channel either. The problem is, is that if you can't use the needed font size with CC on these channels, there is no point in having them.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here