Community Forum

disney + streaming issues with xfinity internet?

New Poster

disney + streaming issues with xfinity internet?

Hi all,

Disney + app was working GREAT on my home wifi for the first several days, then it suddenly started showing "unable to connect: error code 83".  I spoke to Disney+ and they said everything looks good on their end, and I should check w/ Xfinity/comcast to see if they're blocking the site/app or if they're having trouble on their end.     My connectivity is good.  Netflix and Amazon Prime Movies are working great.  Anybody else having this problem??

Expert

Re: disney + streaming issues with xfinity internet?

Recent threads;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Disney-plus-not-working-on-modem/m-p/3284147#M311290

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Re-Disney-plus-not-working-on-modem/td-p/3284727

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Same. Disney+ told me it's a "known issue." They asked me for IP addresses so they could work with Comcast to address it. They also told me I'd get an email from Disney+ IT within 24-48 hours but that never happened. This morning, I checked with Disney+ again and they said they could "assure" me it will work tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath.

Expert

It looks to be an edge server issue with the peering networks Disney+ uses. (Run the command “nslookup www.disneyplus.com” at the Command Prompt to see if you’re affected).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes. Still having the same issue since 11/24.
Silver Problem Solver

@darkangelic wrote:
It looks to be an edge server issue with the peering networks Disney+ uses. (Run the command “nslookup www.disneyplus.com” at the Command Prompt to see if you’re affected).

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.476]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\rwyco>nslookup www.disneyplus.com
Server: cdns01.comcast.net
Address: 2001:558:feed::1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: e14245.dscf.akamaiedge.net
Addresses: 2600:1404:6800:6ab::37a5
2600:1404:6800:6a9::37a5
Aliases: www.disneyplus.com
www.disneyplus.com.edgekey.net

C:\Users\rwyco>

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

I believe that @darkangelic wanted the original poster to perform that test ?

New Poster

So,  is there a solution?

Here is mine:

nslookup www.disneyplus.com

Server: 2001:558:feed::1

Address: 2001:558:feed::1#53

Non-authoritative answer:

www.disneyplus.com canonical name = www.disneyplus.com.edgekey.net.

www.disneyplus.com.edgekey.net canonical name = e14245.dscf.akamaiedge.net.

Name: e14245.dscf.akamaiedge.net

Address: 23.55.22.15

Thanks in advance

Expert

@Jerry53 wrote:

So,  is there a solution?

Are you still having problems? 

New Poster

I would have, but solved it on my own.

In speaking to Disney+ again, they said they know they have a known issue with Xfinity modems/routers. They hope to have a solution in 2 weeks.

The more i read on the internet, it became clear it was amn issue with the Xfinity Gateway DNS.

So,, I used the opportunity to buy a new modem and router and stop paying the $13/month rental too.

Works like a charm on the new motorola modem/router.

Thanks @darkangelic