Community Forum

Disney plus not working on modem

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Disney plus not working on modem

I have Disney plus it was working but on Nov 21 it stopped working can not even get to Disney plus website. I am using ethernet and also have tried wifi.   now if I unplug the modem(the one I rent from Comcast) and hook my firestick and pc up to my phone 4g T-mobile it works also if I hook up to the free Xfinity wifi that is offered for customers it works just won't work via my modem. called tech support they are no help they said  Comcast don't offer Disney plus. even after I told it was for the modem. 

Name
model TG1682G
Vendor ARRIS Group, Inc.
Revision 11.0
CM MAC2C7E81E511E6
Firmware TG1682_3.12p8s1_PROD_se

when I try to get on the website for Disney plus I can see this error when I press f12 ( i don't get the error when I access the website via tmoblie or Xfinity wifi

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
login:1 Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://global.edge.bamgrid.com/token' from origin 'https://www.disneyplus.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
2global.edge.bamgrid.com/token:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
login:1 Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://global.edge.bamgrid.com/token' from origin 'https://www.disneyplus.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
2global.edge.bamgrid.com/session:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
login:1 Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://global.edge.bamgrid.com/session' from origin 'https://www.disneyplus.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
login:1 Uncaught (in promise) e
Expert

Re: Disney plus not working on modem

It seems it is better to contact Disney+ support as that more looks like your IP Address is being blocked by them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Perhaps performing a traceroute to the domain will confirm ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Capture.JPG

Hop number: 1
Connected to: assc-ultrafw-vlan2598.dc10.neustar.com ( 10.176.98.1 )
Roundtrip times: 2.51 ms
2.485 ms
2.474 ms
Hop number: 2
Connected to: ashlfnsw02-vlan102.dc10.neustar.com ( 10.176.2.3 )
Roundtrip times: 2.794 ms
2.751 ms
2.748 ms
Hop number: 3
Roundtrip times: Timed out.
Hop number: 4
Connected to: ashihnrtr01-vlan502.dc10.neustar.com ( 156.154.196.2 )
Roundtrip times: 5.791 ms
5.788 ms
5.773 ms
Hop number: 5
Connected to: et-0-0-43-3.cr2-was1.ip4.gtt.net ( 173.205.39.229 )
Roundtrip times: 5.773 ms
5.781 ms
5.764 ms
Hop number: 6
Connected to: 98.124.182.234 ( 98.124.182.234 )
Roundtrip times: 6.764 ms
1.653 ms
1.655 ms
Expert

The text that you posted is inconclusive / unhelpful..

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it needs to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim you could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

Expert

Pull up the Name Server Lookup tool (or use the Command Prompt) and type the following:

nslookup www.disneyplus.com

and let me know what you get. 

Expert

@Falselighter  Post a trace from your own home computer / network.

Regular Visitor

just took my modem back and got a another one. works fine now

Silver Problem Solver

@EG wrote:

@Falselighter  Post a trace from your own home computer / network.

I had some issues yesterday; here is mine today:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.476]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\rwyco>nslookup www.disneyplus.com
Server: cdns01.comcast.net
Address: 2001:558:feed::1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: e14245.dscf.akamaiedge.net
Addresses: 2600:1404:400:294::37a5
2600:1404:400:2aa::37a5
Aliases: www.disneyplus.com
www.disneyplus.com.edgekey.net

C:\Users\rwyco>

That seems ok.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@RobertWy What are you quoting me for ???

Expert

The reason I asked for an nslookup was because this looks suspiciously like an edge server failure on the part of the mirroring system for Disney+, similar to the issues plaguing Microsoft's Azure Cloud Server system that affected XBox Live and other related services.

An  nslookup on a now moved response that failed to retrieve an answer confirmed my suspicions. 

Expert

Who are you addressing @darkangelic ?

Silver Problem Solver

@EG wrote:

@RobertWy What are you quoting me for ???

I'm stupid.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Just a follow up to my earlier post.