Todderbod's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, February 24th, 2021 4:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Complete Question

My wifi is terrible in my home!! I signed up for xfinity complete for 2 reasons... 1 I needed the unlimited data.. 2. I need a wifi pod and it said it would be included if needed. I need one how can I get one and also will the pod work with my own modem or do I have to have an xfinity modem. I also thought I would get a new modem with this upgrade. Thank you

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

93 Messages

3 years ago

You have to use the XB6/7 that came with complete because it's a mesh system.  I was in similar situation with expecting pods but didn't get them.   Then told to wait on Home evaluation that starts after install.  Got that which said I didn't need pods.  FInally got a good rep and have 3 pods on the way.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have no complaints about my ethernet speed. I pay for 400 Mbps and I get around 450. But my WiFi coverage in my house is terrible. They told me PODS would help. So I ordered three. I think they were $149 for three then. I see they are $119 each now. They didn’t help much, if any at all. So I tried to send them back. They told me I had the wrong modem to use with PODS and sent me the XB6. That helped a little but not much. My WiFi coverage was still terrible. I tried it for awhile and by then I was stuck with the PODS. Anything that connects through a POD won’t do much over 30-90 Mbps. Single story, 2000 Sq. Ft. farthest POD from the Gateway is about 40 feet, the other two are around 20 ft.

I’ve now upgraded to the XB7 thinking it would have better coverage; it doesn’t.

I’m putting a router in this weekend so I can connect my TV’s to ethernet also.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here