Jlittlefawn11's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, February 3rd, 2019 11:00 PM

Closed

WiFi dropping

What would cause my WiFi x1 to keep dropping it’s continuous all day long. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My WIFI constantly drops too since switching to the new modem.  Has it worked better getting your own modem?  I have considered switching to WOW - I work from home so this is ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

YES. I got a Nighthawk and use it with the Orbi router I already had. I’ve barely had any cut-out since.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My Wi-Fi keeps dropping as well with this xFi

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I notice the internet only drops between 9am and 3pm. Absolutely no satisfaction from the poor agents in India or Pakistan or wherever they are. Strange that it is only in that time FRAM. Anyone else see that?

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, all sorry for the issues you're having with your internet. If you're using WiFi, are there any devices that you can connect to the modem to see if the connection continues to drop? Have you tried Troubleshooting your internet connection to isolate a cause on your end? 

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

I have a lot of wired devices, and they worked fine. What fixed the problem for me was getting rid of the Xfi modem and buying my own.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We've also had terrible issues since Comcast "upgraded" our modem to XFi.  We've had 3 service calls and replaced the XFi and we're still having issues. My work computer is hardwired to the modem, and it is constantly dropping the internet, so it's not just a wifi issue for me. Prior to the installation of the "upgraded" modem, we never, ever had such massive internet issues.  Trying to video conference, or stream Netflix or music is a complete joke.  We may have to buy our own modem and see how that goes.  I wish we had never upgraded!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My wifi drops and hard wired ethernet ports drop as well, now happens at least 3 times a day,
Called when it was down and guy agreed he could not connect to our modem, and that was the end of that call.....

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @wturner733 and Cturner1621, thank you for posting. It sounds like you may need a tech out but to be sure I'd like to look into your signals and equipment health to help pinpoint what's causing the issue. For further assistance can you please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message"?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have same problem, wifi keep going off all day then back on,I'm about to go back to AT&T ,never had a problem with them

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I’ve had numberous issues with Comcast / Xfinity.  I’ve had countless technicians to trouble shoot and calling in to customer service is horrible.  I’ve wasted so much time on getting my internet to work and get whatI’m paying for. All I hear is it’s your modem, I get it switched out, and still same issues.  Connection, dropping and slow WiFi.  I pay for 1 gig speed and I’m ready to move to another internet provider.  I’ve contacted corporate last year and they finally got it fixed.  Now again the past week I’ve been dropping WiFi, not getting close to 1 gig speed with my hard wire.  Tech was out and changed the drop wire and he was stumped.  He got a manager involved and I still don’t have an answer or the speed I’m paying for.  Manager was supposed to check with network dept but I have no answers.  I called again and tomorrow, I have another tech coming out.  Another waste of my time but they sure accept my payments every month  that I waste on this insufficient service.  Xfinity advertises best internet speeds.  That is such false advertisement !!!!!! Im really disgusted.  I even bought an orbi mesh system with the 1 gig and still HORRIBLE. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Yup. Mine has been stable for awhile...until the last week...now it’s bad again. Slow, dropped connections,  really bad......I don’t think there is a fix for this, unless we get an all fiber optic network. Had that with Verizon when I lived in Philly back in 2001...man that was speed....never slow, never drop, perfect every time. So until Comcast starts dropping fiber, this isn’t gonna get better....ever. Whomever brings fiber her to my neighborhood first wins......or, if 5g is as good as they say, adios cabled internet. 

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Well I made another appt with xfinity for today AGAIN.   Supervisor never called me back from first appt just leaves my in limbo.  He was supposed to contact their network control center to see if there were issues in the area & never called me back.  So with my appt today a supervisor was supposed to come with the tech.   When the tech came, no supervisors   So again, the new router I got on Wednesday was swapped out and I still am not getting the 1 gig speed I’m psyimg for.  My WiFi is still dropping saying no internet connection.  This is horrible !!!!! I guess I’ll have to keep wasting my time with calling & hopefully getting a refund on this horrible service.  When I spoke to customer service last night he told me there issues in my area but what’s baffling to me is how doesn’t the tech get that info instead of wasting both of our time ???  I’ll attempt to email corporate again and hopefully will get someone to solve is mess once and for all !!!!

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

My wifi router keeps dropping all my attached devices all day long, both wireless and wired. Before this started months ago, this problem never occured. Nothing changed on my end. When it first happened they replaced my wireless modem/router. Nothing changed. Comcast just doesn't care. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

We are having the same issues we even upgraded our package we live ine country and depend on wifi calling without it we are out of luck and i cant call comcast to let them know when its out until i get service back
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here